Page 84 of 162 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2427

Yeah, I’d like to see Diana punch some fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What was Marston's explanation for her power?
    Marstons take on Atlantis had the entire thing being underground with to air vents in the cieling providing a cross current of air through hollow active volcanoes and 'mysterious crystals in the cieling that shined like the sun' with Atlantis being a massive underground continent.

If I remember right, the crystals in the cieling were credited for giving off a strange radiation which caused a sexual dimorphism where the males were three feet tall and the women were all eight foot tall with super strength.
    So every Atlantean had incredible super strength. Her daughter Princess Ptra and the princess of the rival nation Princcess Octavia would be shown being quite powerful themselves. Clea just stood out because she happened to be stronger through effort, was ruthless without a shred of hesitation, and because she was their queen.

I demand Crimson Centipede be included in the family photo!

Wait, so Clea is supposed to be 8 feet tall?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, so Clea is supposed to be 8 feet tall?
    Might be seven? but yeah, shes supposed to actually tower over Wonder Woman and be roughly the same height as golden age Giganta or Marya the Giantess

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Might be seven? but yeah, shes supposed to actually tower over Wonder Woman and be roughly the same height as golden age Giganta or Marya the Giantess

I say we need to capitalize on the internet’s sudden fascination with tall women and put Queen Clean back in the 7-8 foot height range again.

I say we need to capitalize on the internet’s sudden fascination with tall women and put Queen Clean back in the 7-8 foot height range again.
    Finally, an enemy who can look Diana in the eyes

Last edited by Gaius; 05-23-2021 at 06:30 AM.

When it’s revealed Diana has actually been slouching throughout her entire publication history.

I like this idea. I also liked Marya. Have we seen her after that appearance?

I agree!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Dr. Cyber: "So how are you going to introduce yourself to Wonder Woman, Ronnie?"

Kale: "I'm gonna go on a date with her."

Edit: Between Post-Crisis Barbara's nice letter asking to meet Diana and Kale winning a date with her, Diana sure has a pleasant way of meeting her villains. They're disingenuous and manipulative of course, but pleasant none-the-less.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-23-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Looking at lists of WW Rogues Gallery, it's easy to see the distinct differences between Marston's villains and Kanigher's villains. Marston was clearly commenting on society; his villains served as archetypes and metaphors related to various themes he wanted to touch upon. Ares, Duke of Deception and the Earl of Greed were all his way of commenting on the cause, escalation and continuation of war. Cheetah represented jealousy. Queen Clea and Eviless were slavers. Hypnota, Dr Maru and Blue Snowman were early examples of characters who blurred gender lines and may even be a reference to women who disguised themselves as men in order to be taken seriously in academia. Dr Psycho was misogynist. Although for the life of me, I can't figure out what he was going for with 'ape turned woman' Giganta.

Meanwhile, Kanigher seems to be going for fun but harmless villains who weren't meant to challenge or comment on anything. Angle Man. Paper Man. Human Centipede.

Marstons take on Atlantis had the entire thing being underground with to air vents in the cieling providing a cross current of air through hollow active volcanoes and 'mysterious crystals in the cieling that shined like the sun' with Atlantis being a massive underground continent.

If I remember right, the crystals in the cieling were credited for giving off a strange radiation which caused a sexual dimorphism where the males were three feet tall and the women were all eight foot tall with super strength.
    So every Atlantean had incredible super strength. Her daughter Princess Ptra and the princess of the rival nation Princcess Octavia would be shown being quite powerful themselves. Clea just stood out because she happened to be stronger through effort, was ruthless without a shred of hesitation, and because she was their queen.
    I demand Crimson Centipede be included in the family photo!
    Given how the internet fell head over heels after seeing Lady Dimitrescu, I can only imagine what kind of chaos Queen Clea and her society of 8 foot fall women and 3 foot tall men would cause.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-23-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Dr. Cyber: "So how are you going to introduce yourself to Wonder Woman, Ronnie?"

Kale: "I'm gonna go on a date with her."

Edit: Between Post-Crisis Barbara's nice letter asking to meet Diana and Kale winning a date with her, Diana sure has a pleasant way of meeting her villains. They're disingenuous and manipulative of course, but pleasant none-the-less.
    Hospitality is important to ancient Greeks so may be they didn't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like this idea. I also liked Marya. Have we seen her after that appearance?
    Just that introduction where she rescued Wonder Woman and would ride on the wing of the plane back to America to enroll in Holliday College
    and that later story where she teams up with Wonder Woman to destroy a nazi submarine and travel to Africa to topple a nazi military base.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Looking at lists of WW Rogues Gallery, it's easy to see the distinct differences between Martson's villains and Kanigher's villains. Martson's was clearly commenting on society, his villains were archtypes, metaphors relating to various themes he wanted to touch on. Ares, Duke of Deception and the Earl of Greed were all his way of commenting on the cause, escalation and continuation of war. Cheetah was about jealousy. Queen Clea and Eviless were slavers. Hypnota, Dr Maru and Blue Snowman were early examples of characters who blurred gender lines and maybe a reference women who disguised themselves as men in order to be taken seriously in academia. Dr Psycho was misogynist. Although for the life of me, I can't figure out what he was going for with 'ape turned woman' Giganta.

Meanwhile, Kanigher seems to be going for fun but harmless villains who weren't meant to challenge or comment on anything. Angle Man. Paper Man. Human Centipede.

Given how the internet fell head over heels after seeing Lady Dimitrescu, I can only imagine what kind of chaos Queen Clea and her society of 8 foot fall women and 3 foot tall men would cause.
    Ive seen others argue that Giganta was meant to be a commentary on savagery of backwards thinking and primal instinct. Personally I found her fascinating as a woman wrought with grief over the loss of her child who had in her head convinced herself that Diana stole her baby.

And yeah~ There are a number of giant women in the Marston era that people would go head over heels for