Page 88 of 162 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2427

I like Devastation definitely more than Genocide. I'm not a huge fan of Deva as a child, but she has a fun powerset and backstory, and I think the Children of Kronus have creative designs and there are lots of potential stories with them.

Genocide is just very meh. Couldn't stand her in Simone's run, but I thought her role in the Four Horsewomen story was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Sigh an orange cheetah huh.. looks like an orangutan. Giganta could've traded spots with her & still wouldn't be a cheetah smdh
    You realize it's fanart, right? I think you're being a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Genocides an odd one. According to Simone she was originally supposed to be a New God, but editorial vetoed it because of something else going on
    Editorial mandates can make for interesting changes, in Marvel there's a major famous character... that was a las minute ad hoc change and was not actually planned for the story run he first appeared in. Who is that? Apocalypse. Yes really, one of the most famous Xmen villains, and also one of the most powerful Mutants in Marvel Comics. But in large part that's because he got re-used repeatedly. The original story with him was good, but not THAT good.
    I quite liked Devestation. However going back and rereading that run, I found it rather disturbing that this small child had the power to turn into whatever a mans definition of an attractive woman was, and make men lust after her.
    that's one of the weird quirks with her.... how old is she really? Her most common form looks like late teens. Is that her real form? Or was the child form a trick? It's hard to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can't say I like them either. I groaned when I heard Genocide being described as 'Wonder Woman's Doomsday', like why do we need to have exact equivalents to what Superman and Batman have? Does she need a Wonder-Mobile too? Or her equivalent of a Joker? I rather writers take advantage of what's already unique about the characters and her mythology.
    Wonder-mobile? that's what the invisible jet is for.

hmm that one she looks mid teens I think. Some have her younger, some older, and it's really hard to be sure what is the "right" age. Of course it's implied that her first appearance was in-universe several years ago, so maybe she's aged in-universe to this? Several of her notable appearances in a late teens or adult form are definitely her shapeshifting to conceal her identity or deceive people. But... she's also fought WW in a form that looked late teens. Then again... apparently she can fight at full power while transformed. Hmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, going by her color scheme and hair it looks editorial made the edict for the change very late.

Too bad they couldn’t stick with this plan. It makes more sense (to me) than Diana battling her future corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can't say I like them either. I groaned when I heard Genocide being described as 'Wonder Woman's Doomsday', like why do we need to have exact equivalents to what Superman and Batman have? Does she need a Wonder-Mobile too? Or her equivalent of a Joker? I rather writers take advantage of what's already unique about the characters and her mythology.
    I didn’t like that comparison either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I love this story and Ares’s Children... all their squabbling and machinations against one another is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Too bad they couldn’t stick with this plan. It makes more sense (to me) than Diana battling her future corpse.
    Yeah, when I was reading it in the omnibus last year and Cheetah, Pyscho, and Ares were all involved in her creation somehow. So you could see how sudden the edict of "no one gets to use the New Gods" was. Plus reading it all collected felt like it was dragging out, so I could only imagine how it must have felt monthly.

DC comics is sleeping on Queen Clea, I tell you.
    She could/should be a major threat and a potential multi-media sensation as a Wonder Woman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    DC comics is sleeping on Queen Clea, I tell you.
    She could/should be a major threat and a potential multi-media sensation as a Wonder Woman villain.
    Multimedia sensation? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Multimedia sensation? How so?
    I mean that, if given the same opportunities that Joker, Luthor, and heck, even Cheetah have gotten, I could totally see Clea becoming a villain that is used across the board not just in WW films but on WW animated TV shows, YA WW books, live-action WW spin-off adaptations. I know it's a big "if," since even Wonder Woman herself can't get an animated show or any kind of live-action TV prequel or whatnot.

Seriously, I feel that Clea is WW's most promising villain that has had her potential wasted by DC and most WW writers. She has the narrative foundation to be the kind of immensely powerful and resourceful megalomaniac ruler (or ruler-type) that so many superheroes contend with on a regular basis (Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Luthor, et al). Heck, she could even be a great excuse to make Diana guest star in an Aquaman sequel (or Aquaman in a WW sequel [synergy! added box office!] since Clea's machinations might possibly impact not just Themyscira but Atlantis. Also, Queen Clea is, in my opinion, the perfect candidate to be at the center of a Wonder-Woman-led DC event that requires a multitude of superheroes to join forces.

Oh well, one can dream.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 06-06-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I mean that, if given the same opportunities that Joker, Luthor, and heck, even Cheetah have gotten, I could totally see Clea becoming a villain that is used across the board not just in WW films but on WW animated TV shows, YA WW books, live-action WW spin-off adaptations. I know it's a big "if," since even Wonder Woman herself can't get an animated show or any kind of live-action TV prequel or whatnot.

Seriously, I feel that Clea is WW's most promising villain that has had her potential wasted by DC and most WW writers. She has the narrative foundation to be the kind of immensely powerful and resourceful megalomaniac ruler (or ruler-type) that so many superheroes contend with on a regular basis (Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Luthor, et al). Heck, she could even be a great excuse to make Diana guest star in an Aquaman (or Aquaman in a WW sequel [synergy! added box office!] sequel since Clea's machinations might possibly impact not just Themyscira but Atlantis.

I've been suggesting to just about every Wonder Woman and Aquaman writer for the past 10 years that they do a Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Mera team-up featuring Queen Clea. It really is a no-brainer that could lead to even more possibilities with Clea. Her leadership of Ventura, resources from her territory, army of Venturians, power-set, and hatred of men gives her a lot of layers to work with.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I've been suggesting to just about every Wonder Woman and Aquaman writer for the past 10 years that they do a Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Mera team-up featuring Queen Clea. It really is a no-brainer that could lead to even more possibilities with Clea. Her leadership of Ventura, resources from her territory, army of Venturians, power-set, and hatred of men gives her a lot of layers to work with.
    Absolutely! I bet that nobody has done that because, as usual, most comic book pros are not huge WW fans, and even when they are, they cannot see past their Cheetah/Ares/Circe perception of WW's villain potential. I hate that writers themselves perpetuate the notion that "WW villains are lame" by not using them "because they are lame," which then keeps solidifying that notion as if it were truth.