Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

This wouldn't be my choice either, but at least he has somewhere to go. I'm afraid his generation of heroes are going to be looked over with everyone's attention on these new wave of heroes. Has Cassie been mentioned at all? What they should have done was place this group in a JL covert ops group like the animated show. Conner with Krypto, Tim, Cassie, Bart, Jackson, M'gann, Cissie, Jaime, etc on a team supervised by the league on missions spanning the globe. You have your synergy with the animated show. Someone earlier mentioned cold cases and I think that would be an incredible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    This wouldn't be my choice either, but at least he has somewhere to go. I'm afraid his generation of heroes are going to be looked over with everyone's attention on these new wave of heroes. Has Cassie been mentioned at all? What they should have done was place this group in a JL covert ops group like the animated show. Conner with Krypto, Tim, Cassie, Bart, Jackson, M'gann, Cissie, Jaime, etc on a team supervised by the league on missions spanning the globe. You have your synergy with the animated show. Someone earlier mentioned cold cases and I think that would be an incredible idea.

Well just like the show kon has "WILL" have more experience doing this covert type stuff if he stays with the Squad, and the others will follow him into a new team(hopefully series).

Kon needed to get out of thst damn "punk" look and thst navel gazing YJ book he was just in. This is the perfect way to "mature" someone and have them ready for more adult stories.

Just hopimg they change up his super plain clothes, almost slacker look he has and give him more YJ show type looks.

Also if they start messing with his powers, I hope he either loses half of them, and has to work with a YJ show type powerset for awhile, or maybe instead of his powers going away, the mutate into a half and half mix, where he has the YJ powerset,with a mix of the 90s and new 52 TTK powersets,and some "factory extras" of heat vision and super hearing
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So your saying there is only one direction he can go from here ^^^
    Never underestimate comic writers' or publishers' ability to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Never underestimate comic writers' or publishers' ability to get worse.
    OK let's all think of ways things could he worse just for fun
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Amazing Member

I’m not liking the added Lex vibes, or should I say the recent dependency of it. The green eyes in Reign were a small nice detail, but Kon was designed to look identical. If there should be any difference it should be jon having some Lois features. I’m not one to want to keep a character unchanging from their debut but, Kon never acted like lex, and after his death,return, re-return, none of those versions did either. Even New-52 Kon who started with a lex vibe, ended without any semblance of one. I think DC can have their cake and eat it to. They can go all in on both Jon and Kon because they are fundamentally different.

Jon was born a Kent and loves being a hero. He is groomed to become the heir to superman and accepts that charge. A kid that rapidly aged in a foreign world.
    Kon was “born” to be a hero, and loves being a Kent. He was made to be Superman’s heir and chooses his own destiny despite the design. A kid that was forced to stay the same age for years, while everyone grew around him.

They both can have a Clark face and different costumes and stay relevant, it’s just suck that DC’s approach to Kon is to lexify and shunt him to another world.

We need to make a blueprint or Bible type of thing that writers should and could look at to get kon right Imo. Course there have been enough versions of him, we would probably be all over the place.

Kon was made to look identical to Kal, yes they can do different things with their look but they are still identical. The only difference I'm for or atleast OK with is the green eyes from the DCAMU superboy, just enough to make sure you don't forget, but not enough to lose any of the Superman your supposed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Sticking Kon with the Suicide Squad is just...such a fantastically bad idea.
    And kind of kicking his fans...just get him back and not only is he pushed into murder-death villain squad under control of just...one of the WORST people in the entire DCU...but also shunted off to an alternate universe too.

And given such a terrible new look to boot.
    Only the Future State issues take place on Earth 3. When the main series launches in March we’ll be back on Earth 0.

Oh in my personal blueprint for Kon one thing that should never be left out is his TTK. I don't care if you make it less a mimic type power and more of a focused amp, maybe even some levitation thrown in (even though he doesn't need it). I see a lot of versions of him don't have it, and I don't like thst this is DC thinks is good or right for the character. He is a hybrid, let him be a Lil different

Alright I read Suicide Squad and it’s very obvious that while Conner’s position on the team is very different from everyone else’s he’s still trapped by Waller. Now it does feel like he’s in the Rick Flag role, he actually argues with her about how he should pick the team so he’s not working with lunatics, but it’s clear that he is aware he could die like the others and he’s plenty afraid of what we will call plan Z and the rest of Waller’s grand plan.

Other then that there is something else coming Conner’s way
    spoilers:
    Zod’s son is on the Suicide Squad who have come to Earth-3 for Waller and Conner.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright I read Suicide Squad and it’s very obvious that while Conner’s position on the team is very different from everyone else’s he’s still trapped by Waller. Now it does feel like he’s in the Rick Flag role, he actually argues with her about how he should pick the team so he’s not working with lunatics, but it’s clear that he is aware he could die like the others and he’s plenty afraid of what we will call plan Z and the rest of Waller’s grand plan.

Other then that there is something else coming Conner’s way
    spoilers:
    Zod’s son is on the Suicide Squad who have come to Earth-3 for Waller and Conner.
    end of spoilers
    I liked the issue. Kon’s clearly not happy about the way Waller is running things, and he’s basically been forced into it. He seems to still have all his powers, and Waller explicitly says she’s the one who is maintaining Flash’s powers too. Feel pretty confident that my guess as to why Kon joins up is that Waller knows how to fix whatever problems his genetics are causing Kon.

This feels very reminiscent of “Dark Avengers” to me, I like it, curious to see more.

By the end of the next issue I want Conner in thst jacket and glasses waller says she has.
    Disappointed, but not surprised kon doesn't have and TK in his powerset, ugh DC, ur so dumb.

Waiting for Kon to go all heroic next issue, OH and fight lor, which I hope means we will get him back in the present

Astonishing Member

Is this Lor-Zod now evil?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Ever since Jurgens brought him back for Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Kind of, he did help his parents beat up the green lantern corps when they showed up for Zod. However, now the Zod family are kind of on a truce with Superman and are in the process of rebuilding Krypton within the United Planets, so they kind of neutral right now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Big Question: Does Conner's next moniquer need to have an S since he wears the S Shield?