Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1496

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    3 different major adaptions of the character with 3 different main love interests...do you have a particular favorite?
    Tim. I've shipped Conner and Tim for years and years and that's still what I want. Sure, it's not canon, but a stroke of the pen could change that tomorrow.

Hm. Y’know maybe I should give Adventure Comics another try. It’s been long enough. At the time I just disliked the whole “Conner trying to emulate Clark” status quo. Now that’s no longer the status quo so maybe I’ll feel differently. Do remember loving this conversation.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I loved that moment between them with Ma looking on. It's a toss up between Cassie and M'gann for me with the slightest edge going to Cassie depending on how I'm feeling. That moment reminded Martha of her time with Jonathan and thus gave that feeling she was endgame. And then Flashpoint happened. It's funny how Conner and M'gann remind me of the Kents in ways. Looking after "strays," providing a home and guidance to those that need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hm. Y’know maybe I should give Adventure Comics another try. It’s been long enough. At the time I just disliked the whole “Conner trying to emulate Clark” status quo. Now that’s no longer the status quo so maybe I’ll feel differently. Do remember loving this conversation.
    It was a fun book. Lex was such a tool by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was a fun book. Lex was such a tool by the end of it.
    When is he not a massive tool? Personally I love it when the “oh I’m doing it all for the advancement of mankind” mask drops and Lex shows what a petty little **** he is. Like when Doom loses and is reduced to impotently raging, it’s hilarious.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Any opinions on Conner in the Titans United series this week?

Any opinions of conner on the Titans show yesterday?

I hope the YJ superboy is more than just mggans fiance in this season. I want him to step up in public heroic duty and get a power up or atleast use tech to "be better" this season.

I am actually rooting for the YJ generation to get kicked to earth 3, such a better fate than being lost in the shuffle on the main earth

I really hope they put in the rable the "flaw" with Conners powers soon, cause it's all over the place. Let's see the YJ show has him stuck as a teen and limited his powers, but in the comics he used to only have TTK and gas and energy could hurt him, plus when he got knocked out his powers would go away. Geoff said his solar absorption was slower. New 52 had the need for conscious effort. Now we have bendis saying his powers are gonna be totally gone or atleast be weakened. Can we just settle on what way DC wants to put the squeeze on him already.

The reign of the Supermen movie made me a believer in the eyes of lex and the dark colored supersuit(with the black in the chest S shield Imo)

The Smallville seaon 11 series made me a believer in using his TK to fly and then expand on it from there.

The new 52 had TTK senses by touch ot through the vibrations around him, plus a cool S barcode tattoo.

The Titans show made me want the epigentic memory ability, having access to all Clark and Lex's memories and abilities, which makes him a super genius that is shown on the show (and some in the Titans United book also). Also great shoulder tat.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Decent full explanation for kon's unique existence and powers
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Honestly for me it is Conner and Cassie. I really loved their dynamic back in YJ and them growing up with one another.

Paying respect to the Tim and Con ship, it's an interesting take on them, though I don't know how well it would work out in the end even with Tim's plans to bring him back. I think Conner would drive him nuts at times because Tim's more logical at points and Connors more go and do something over plan it out.

Conner and Jason on the other hand, now that could be interesting.

They’ve been pairing up Kon with Nightwing in terms of gens in outside media. If we ever see DickBats we may see KonSupes.
    DickBats has happened twice already. The first time was after Azrael's stint (when he reverted to Nightwing, he finally got a solo book), and the second was just before Flashpoint (which is when Damian became Robin).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    DickBats has happened twice already. The first time was after Azrael's stint (when he reverted to Nightwing, he finally got a solo book), and the second was just before Flashpoint (which is when Damian became Robin).
    Talking about outside media mate, you really think I don’t know Dick has been Batman?

Hunh. He could have joined Nat and Kal in the Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Hunh. He could have joined Nat and Kal in the Authority.
    If Clark isn’t going to wear that suit it actually would fit Conner pretty well. Capeless look is Kon’s thing!

If Clark isn’t going to wear that suit it actually would fit Conner pretty well. Capeless look is Kon’s thing!
    It would actually! Not against Conner having a cape but going capeless is something he owns.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Any opinions on Conner in the Titans United series this week?

Any opinions of conner on the Titans show yesterday?

I hope the YJ superboy is more than just mggans fiance in this season. I want him to step up in public heroic duty and get a power up or atleast use tech to "be better" this season.

I am actually rooting for the YJ generation to get kicked to earth 3, such a better fate than being lost in the shuffle on the main earth

I really hope they put in the rable the "flaw" with Conners powers soon, cause it's all over the place. Let's see the YJ show has him stuck as a teen and limited his powers, but in the comics he used to only have TTK and gas and energy could hurt him, plus when he got knocked out his powers would go away. Geoff said his solar absorption was slower. New 52 had the need for conscious effort. Now we have bendis saying his powers are gonna be totally gone or atleast be weakened. Can we just settle on what way DC wants to put the squeeze on him already.

The reign of the Supermen movie made me a believer in the eyes of lex and the dark colored supersuit(with the black in the chest S shield Imo)

The Smallville seaon 11 series made me a believer in using his TK to fly and then expand on it from there.

The new 52 had TTK senses by touch ot through the vibrations around him, plus a cool S barcode tattoo.

The Titans show made me want the epigentic memory ability, having access to all Clark and Lex's memories and abilities, which makes him a super genius that is shown on the show (and some in the Titans United book also). Also great shoulder tat.

Titans United was a better read than first issue. Conner was portrayed well. Hot headed and smart. I do believe his anger is a plot point and may be due to some external factor. Who knows how long Blackfire was monitoring Conner. I almost did a double take and think it was Maxima a bit lol.

Conner's been around for nearly 3 decades. Hard to believe. When you've been around that long your bound to have variations of the character much like his namesake. You'll never get a unified version of a character but just broad strokes. What I like about that is that he's become a durable fixture in the DC mythos. I'd like to see certain characteristics like his ttk, his epigenetic memory and genius be a mainstay since it helps to differentiate him further from other Kryptonians especially Jon. They help to inform the viewer that he's a science experiment; a clone of the world's greatest hero and villain and not just another kryptonian.