Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    My problems are the following:

Its ok to make him different, BUT he SHOULDNT!! have disadvantages for being different.

You pointed out many things which give him HUGE DISADVANTAGES compared with Clark, Jon and Kara:

1. INVULNERABILITY
    You said without TTK he is half as invulnerable like the YJ Version.
    This means that he would be hurt by anyone who attacks him from behind-like the NEW52 Superboy who was hurt by an attack by a normal person who hit him with a steelpipe etc. It also would make him incredible vulnerable when he is knocked out etc.
    Here NORMAL KRYPTONIAN INVULNERABILITY is simply better

2. STRENGTH
    a) TTK strenght was limited, because TTK only Superboy couldnt keep up with Superman
    b) TTK strenght was limited-in the Comic "Reign of Supermen" Superboy was chained by Cyborg Superman and Cyborg Superman used special chains which Superboy couldnt attack with his TTK Super-Strenght because of the material having a special field around which shields from TTK strenght
    c) NEW52 showed that some characters like Warblade are completely immune to TTK and TK
    d) I personally also DONT like TTK strenght and prefer natural strenght

3. BREATHING, EATING
    NEW52 Superboy for example DIDNT have to eat, sleep or breath-he was completely self-sustaining.

My problem is that you take the FLAWS and DISADVANTAGES from any version of Superboy and carry them over there. You dont take over their strengths, but their weaknesses. Look at the NEW52 Superboy vs Warblade Fight and you see how this little natural strenght and little invulnerability without TTK works in a real fight.

If you want to make use all Versions of Conner make it this way:

-Kryptonian Invulnerability+Basic strenght level (from YJ Show)
    -Superhearing and X-Ray Vision from Johns TT
    -Self-Sustenance, Full TK and Intelligence from NEW52
    -TTK from Kessel+TTK from Titans of Tomorrow Superman
    -Body and Face from Johns TT Conner
    -Fly trough TTK and creating TTK Shields (Smallville)
    -having TTK independent from Sun (NEW52 Superboy, Kessel Superboy)
    -Heat Vision (by Black Zero)

So, this is a Superboy who also has a power-set from ANY Version of the Superboys, BUT he has their strenghts.

He has many advantages over Superman:
    -He doesnt need to sleep, drink, eat, breath (NEW52 Superboy didnt need that)
    -TTK works indenpendent from yellow sun (NEW52 Superboy and Kessel Superboy)
    -TK can shield him from magic like ToT Superman
    -TTK allows him to a more creative use for his Superpowers
    -TTK also allows Superboy to interact with machines and computers (NEW52 Superboy)

Invulnerability - - he wouldn't be as vulnerable as new 52 kon, because he would still have the YJ shows "half" power. Which means half of supermans power, which means half a guy who can lift the weight of the planet for days. So no he would be very very far from vulnerable, he would be as invulnerable as half of supermans invulnerability at all times, then we he is focused just as invulnerable as any full kryptonian.

Strength-- again he would have half the strength as superman, half of the strongest guy on the planet, he wouldn't be a pushover at all. Plus when he focuses he could be just as powerful as any full kryptonian.when he can't use his TK type powers to amp his natural powers he would still have half the power of superman, so he isn't going to be beaten easily like the new 52 kon would be by the gen 13 team members.

Breathing/eating - - what is wrong with him being ANYTHING like a human? He has the powers of a God, but is still half human, he should have something thst shows that he is thst. Breathing in space and underwater is easy with TTK, he showed in his original run that it is easy for him.

Finally you use all his versions to create a good powerset for him, so I will applaud you for that. I personally want a few more weakness, and a Lil more similarities with Superman, like being a solar battery. He already can use his heat vision or full TK at a distance, and block magic, he doesn't need to be invincible.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Darker was to much, but I imagine him being rougher, cooler etc. its like
    NEW52 Superman
    Vegeta
    in some ways also Nightwing
    so in this way, I liked their attitude and behaviour

Darker was to much, but I like that he gets more attitude and also has some of Lex characteristics like "doing whatever it needs to win" even relying on such things like yellow lantern ring etc.

NEW52 Superman and Vegeta are good examples how I imagine Conners attitude and also sometimes Lex attitude speaking of tactics etc.

Maybe darker was to much, but I like the Idea of Conner with attitude, respected by all members of the Superhero groups, in some sense like Nightwing.
    But I like the Idea that Conner is even more an opposition than Nightwing, so Conner is the one who speaks more clearly, makes it clear that he is not the minion of the JL etc.

I like that he is a hero, but isnt afraid to also argue with the JL member and is like Nightwing is to Bruce..

Black Zero for example was a kind of interesting take on Conner for this or also ToT Conner (if you leave out that he is a villain)

What was more annoying for me is the attitude which the JL showed towards the Titans or YJ and how Conner was displayed in Rebirth (crying etc.)
    I liked more the Johns TT Version and ToT Superman who were more the Superman with attitude.

He should still be all hero, all hope, all truth and justice like superman, but he should be a Lil more "human", a Lil more down to earth, a Lil more flawed in his purity, but never bad or so pissed thst he does something bad
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Future state Conner is still Imo a good guy, trying to do the right thing, he is just stuck between a rock and a hard place and hasn't got a way out of his situation yet.

I can't read the next issue, more learning about Conner then, maybe fighting lor or black lantern controlled ultraman

Found this mod using the "Truth" Shirt. Reminded me if Kon were to ever go street level. Also have you guys checked out "Undefeated?" It's a Superman type demo with a guy who looks so much like Kon.
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 02-04-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Here's a vid of the game I mentioned for those unaware.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Invulnerability - - he wouldn't be as vulnerable as new 52 kon, because he would still have the YJ shows "half" power. Which means half of supermans power, which means half a guy who can lift the weight of the planet for days. So no he would be very very far from vulnerable, he would be as invulnerable as half of supermans invulnerability at all times, then we he is focused just as invulnerable as any full kryptonian.

Strength-- again he would have half the strength as superman, half of the strongest guy on the planet, he wouldn't be a pushover at all. Plus when he focuses he could be just as powerful as any full kryptonian.when he can't use his TK type powers to amp his natural powers he would still have half the power of superman, so he isn't going to be beaten easily like the new 52 kon would be by the gen 13 team members.

Breathing/eating - - what is wrong with him being ANYTHING like a human? He has the powers of a God, but is still half human, he should have something thst shows that he is thst. Breathing in space and underwater is easy with TTK, he showed in his original run that it is easy for him.

Finally you use all his versions to create a good powerset for him, so I will applaud you for that. I personally want a few more weakness, and a Lil more similarities with Superman, like being a solar battery. He already can use his heat vision or full TK at a distance, and block magic, he doesn't need to be invincible.

You are basically making him a LOT more vulnerable compared to his YJ Anime Counterpart and give him NO advantages to Superman.

Actually I dont understand how do you want that his TTK works.

TTK was ALWAYS INDEPENDENT from Sun-Kessel,Johns and NEW52 Superboy ALL could use TTK and Telekinesis WITHOUT YELLOW SUN and UNDER RED SUN.

-NEW52 Superboy used Telekinesis on Krypton and clearly stated that his power dont come from the Sun and he doesnt have any problems with red Sun
    -Kessel used TTK when the sun was eaten by the suneater and Superman lost his powers
    -Johns TT Superboy used TTK while he was on NEW Krypton and beat Zod with using TTK.

So one MAJOR advantage for Conner was that he could use TTK under ANY circumstances.

Actually the best way would be the following:

YJ Anime Conner as basis Version (WITHOUT Infrared Vision)
    +X-Ray Vision (instead of Infrared Vision)
    +Telekinesis from NEW52 and Kessel
    +Senses from NEW52 Superboy (because Touch Sense is basically the better Infrared Vision)

so Conner is as powerful, strong, invulnerable, fast as Superman is-BUT has many advantages to him:

-Kryptonite:
    YJ Show shows that Conner as half-Kryptonian is only half-vulnerable to Kryptonite

-Red Sun
    Even under a red Sun Conner can fully use his Telekinetic Powers

-Magic
    Conner can protect himself better from magic than Superman

-Breath, Eat
    NEW52 Superboy didnt have to eat and breath

Excessive Damage
    Conner may be even more resistant to damage because of TTK+Kryptonian Invulnerability

So if you basically just mix YJ Anime Conner with NEW52 Superboy you get a great version of Conner who really has CLEAR advantages to Superman AND is more versatile.
    Last edited by Masterff; 02-05-2021 at 03:46 AM.

You are basically making him a LOT more vulnerable compared to his YJ Anime Counterpart and give him NO advantages to Superman.

Actually I dont understand how do you want that his TTK works.

TTK was ALWAYS INDEPENDENT from Sun-Kessel,Johns and NEW52 Superboy ALL could use TTK and Telekinesis WITHOUT YELLOW SUN and UNDER RED SUN.

-NEW52 Superboy used Telekinesis on Krypton and clearly stated that his power dont come from the Sun and he doesnt have any problems with red Sun
    -Kessel used TTK when the sun was eaten by the suneater and Superman lost his powers
    -Johns TT Superboy used TTK while he was on NEW Krypton and beat Zod with using TTK.

So one MAJOR advantage for Conner was that he could use TTK under ANY circumstances.

Actually the best way would be the following:

YJ Anime Conner as basis Version (WITHOUT Infrared Vision)
    +X-Ray Vision (instead of Infrared Vision)
    +Telekinesis from NEW52 and Kessel
    +Senses from NEW52 Superboy (because Touch Sense is basically the better Infrared Vision)

so Conner is as powerful, strong, invulnerable, fast as Superman is-BUT has many advantages to him:

-Kryptonite:
    YJ Show shows that Conner as half-Kryptonian is only half-vulnerable to Kryptonite

-Red Sun
    Even under a red Sun Conner can fully use his Telekinetic Powers

-Magic
    Conner can protect himself better from magic than Superman

-Breath, Eat
    NEW52 Superboy didnt have to eat and breath

Excessive Damage
    Conner may be even more resistant to damage because of TTK+Kryptonian Invulnerability

So if you basically just mix YJ Anime Conner with NEW52 Superboy you get a great version of Conner who really has CLEAR advantages to Superman AND is more versatile.

You pretty much want what I wanted, I have been saying add the YJ show and the new 52 powerset together.

Only difference between the 2 of us is that you want him to have his TK/TTK be independent from solar energy and you want him to follow new 52 kons ability to be completely self sustaining without breathing or food.

Other issues are that I want him to have heat vision and infra red vision(because the infra red is straight from the show).

But remember the YJ shows kon was not as physically as powerful as a full kryptonian, so he would need the TTK to boost his physicals to full kryptonian level or even above under certain circumstances.

The differences between us are not that far away from each other at all now.

You pretty much want what I wanted, I have been saying add the YJ show and the new 52 powerset together.

Only difference between the 2 of us is that you want him to have his TK/TTK be independent from solar energy and you want him to follow new 52 kons ability to be completely self sustaining without breathing or food.

Other issues are that I want him to have heat vision and infra red vision(because the infra red is straight from the show).

But remember the YJ shows kon was not as physically as powerful as a full kryptonian, so he would need the TTK to boost his physicals to full kryptonian level or even above under certain circumstances.

I kinda like what you mapped out so far but what kinda unique weakness would you give him outside of not being as strong a regular Kryptonian. Is concentration an issue since he has TK? Is he impulse, arrogant or prone to rage since he's young and has all this power?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post

Here's a vid of the game I mentioned for those unaware.
    I have zero hope to ever get a Superman game proper, but I am hoping for a Teen Titans or Young Justice game with Kon as a playable character due to his more “toned down” power level, and because the Titans/YJ teams allow for multiplayer and microtransactions which WB has a hard on for.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I kinda like what you mapped out so far but what kinda unique weakness would you give him outside of not being as strong a regular Kryptonian. Is concentration an issue since he has TK? Is he impulse, arrogant or prone to rage since he's young and has all this power?

Half the kryptonian power
    Focus for TTK amping
    Focus for TK
    Focus for touch and feel senses
    Have him need to eat and sleep

That sounds like a good list, course he would be able to block magic, fight off mental attacks, stop ppl without touching them, not have to worry about seeing thru lead, so the positives would be a good list also

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I have zero hope to ever get a Superman game proper, but I am hoping for a Teen Titans or Young Justice game with Kon as a playable character due to his more “toned down” power level, and because the Titans/YJ teams allow for multiplayer and microtransactions which WB has a hard on for.

Man I loved watching that video and would love a game or a show with that being how they do kon.

Mighty Member

TTK/TK MUST BE INDEPENDENT FROM SUN!

-Kessel Superboy could use TTK normally when Sun-Eater has eaten the Sun
    -Johns Superboy could use TTK on NEW Krypton against Zod
    -NEW52 Superboy could use TK NORMALLY on Krypton

What you are doing makes zero sense!!
    You are stripping him of his ONLY CRUCIAL advantage which he has and add 1,000,000,000 flaws.

Making the TTK/TK depent on the sun makes ZERO sense, because then its better to simply let him have Kryptonian Powers only, because you simply give him only the FLAWS but take away the strenghts which makes a change in power-set superfluous.

PERFECT WAY FOR CONNER:

a) Kryptonian Powers (coming from YJ Anime on the Anime Level which he can use under YELLOW and BLUE Sun)
    -Strength
    -Speed
    -Super-Leaping
    -Super-Hearing
    -Invulnerability
    -Reflexes

b) other Kryptonian Powers
    -X-Ray Vision

c) TK/TTK (which are INDEPENDENT from Sun) (META-HUMAN POWERS)
    -Power up for Strenght, Invulnerability, Speed, Reflexes
    -Simulated Kryptonian Powers when there is no Sun-Energy avaiable
    -Touch Sense
    -TTK Blast
    -TTK Shields (also from magic)
    -Full TK

d) Intelligence Level
    -Lex Luthor Intelligence Level and Leadership skills (so MUCH smarter than Clark)

This is the PERFECT way to make his power-set, because he has the traditional weaknesses of Superman, BUT he has the tools in his power-set to diminish them:

-LEAD
    Conner can't see trough lead with X-Ray, but he can use the Touch Sense, which allows him to see trough lead

-KRYPTONITE
    Conner is half Kryptonian and therefore half-vulnerable to Kryptonite

-RED SUN
    Conner loses his Kryptonian ability under red sun, but can still use the TTK/TK

-MAGIC
    TTK Shield gives Conner the advantage against magic

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He still has the traditional Kryptonite, Red Sun, Magic Weaknesses

Half the kryptonian power
    Focus for TTK amping
    Focus for TK
    Focus for touch and feel senses
    Have him need to eat and sleep

That sounds like a good list, course he would be able to block magic, fight off mental attacks, stop ppl without touching them, not have to worry about seeing thru lead, so the positives would be a good list also
    Not really, to much flaws for ridiculous advantages.
    Last edited by Masterff; 02-07-2021 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There was that Young Justice: Legacy game. Something in that vein but with a bigger budget/ambition might be nice.

TTK/TK MUST BE INDEPENDENT FROM SUN!

-Kessel Superboy could use TTK normally when Sun-Eater has eaten the Sun
    -Johns Superboy could use TTK on NEW Krypton against Zod
    -NEW52 Superboy could use TK NORMALLY on Krypton

What you are doing makes zero sense!!
    You are stripping him of his ONLY CRUCIAL advantage which he has and add 1,000,000,000 flaws.

Making the TTK/TK depent on the sun makes ZERO sense, because then its better to simply let him have Kryptonian Powers only, because you simply give him only the FLAWS but take away the strenghts which makes a change in power-set superfluous.

PERFECT WAY FOR CONNER:

a) Kryptonian Powers (coming from YJ Anime on the Anime Level which he can use under YELLOW and BLUE Sun)
    -Strength
    -Speed
    -Super-Leaping
    -Super-Hearing
    -Invulnerability
    -Reflexes

b) other Kryptonian Powers
    -X-Ray Vision

c) TK/TTK (which are INDEPENDENT from Sun) (META-HUMAN POWERS)
    -Power up for Strenght, Invulnerability, Speed, Reflexes
    -Simulated Kryptonian Powers when there is no Sun-Energy avaiable
    -Touch Sense
    -TTK Blast
    -TTK Shields (also from magic)
    -Full TK

d) Intelligence Level
    -Lex Luthor Intelligence Level and Leadership skills (so MUCH smarter than Clark)

This is the PERFECT way to make his power-set, because he has the traditional weaknesses of Superman, BUT he has the tools in his power-set to diminish them:

-LEAD
    Conner can't see trough lead with X-Ray, but he can use the Touch Sense, which allows him to see trough lead

-KRYPTONITE
    Conner is half Kryptonian and therefore half-vulnerable to Kryptonite

-RED SUN
    Conner loses his Kryptonian ability under red sun, but can still use the TTK/TK

-MAGIC
    TTK Shield gives Conner the advantage against magic

He still has the traditional Kryptonite, Red Sun, Magic Weaknesses

Not really, to much flaws for ridiculous advantages.
    Tell me all the flaws he should have then? He is half human, he should have flaws, not just positives.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Tell me all the flaws he should have then? He is half human, he should have flaws, not just positives.
    Do you know who you're talking to? He's suggested giving Conner Prime powers and a White Lantern ring to fix him. lol

He wants Conner to be that kid on the playground with the invincibility force field and instant kill move with his only weakness being he costs $5 to read about.