Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Huh. You're right. His age was frozen.

Does that mean the idea was and maybe still is to leave him as an Forever Superboy like Young Justice? I'm genuinely okay with that, honestly. Just like I find YJ Conner fascinating because they lean so heavily into the strange science fiction aspects of his concept, I'd be all for that with the comic book Conner.

Though, I wonder how they're going to make that factor in at all with the current continuity that isn't pushing so far ahead in time? Maybe they de-age him back to 16? Is that what Matt Price is? A new younger more stable body for Conner that will be frozen at 16, and it's just awaiting his mind to be activated? I just know there's *something* there between the characters.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Is he still frozen? It’s hard to keep track of continuity but around the time he unlocked the full Kryptonian powerset, he also started aging. Still I could see them leaving him as Superboy since that’s what he will continue to be in YJ and Titans. But he looked to have aged in Future State so if his aging is frozen again, it may just be a temporary thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is he still frozen? It’s hard to keep track of continuity but around the time he unlocked the full Kryptonian powerset, he also started aging. Still I could see them leaving him as Superboy since that’s what he will continue to be in YJ and Titans. But he looked to have aged in Future State so if his aging is frozen again, it may just be a temporary thing.
    I don't know, but the timeline had him frozen for nearly a decade, and I don't think it ever had an unfreezing stated.

Future State is a funny thing because it's not set in stone for even the people who wrote it. Like FS Titans is a Days Of Future Past thing where the objective is to not let it happen. And even then it never actually seemed to line up with the other FS books. FS Superman is apparently just a flat out Elseworld to Taylor. I don't know what it'll mean for Conner if anything. I know PKJ's FS Worlds of War book was more a conceptual roadmap to his run rather than a literal one. The same could be true for Conner and SS?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't know, but the timeline had him frozen for nearly a decade, and I don't think it ever had an unfreezing stated.

Future State is a funny thing because it's not set in stone for even the people who wrote it. Like FS Titans is a Days Of Future Past thing where the objective is to not let it happen. And even then it never actually seemed to line up with the other FS books. FS Superman is apparently just a flat out Elseworld to Taylor. I don't know what it'll mean for Conner if anything. I know PKJ's FS Worlds of War book was more a conceptual roadmap to his run rather than a literal one. The same could be true for Conner and SS?
    With Taylor, he didn’t write Jon’s FS story so it’s unsurprising that he’s deviating from it. Thompson on the other hand did write the FS SS issues, and the majority of his run has pretty clearly been aimed in that direction. Now I personally doubt it will end up in that place exactly, but it also sounds like Thompson doesn’t have much creative freedom. For example putting Superboy on the Squad was an editorial mandate, and I believe the Earth 3 stuff was as well. So DC may still want to take the franchise in a similar direction as what FS established.

It does make sense as a direction for the Squad. A bunch of anti-villains going up against evil versions of the heroes they fight on Earth 0? As I said earlier there’s a lot of potential with Kon and the rest on Earth 3.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It does make sense as a direction for the Squad. A bunch of anti-villains going up against evil versions of the heroes they fight on Earth 0? As I said earlier there’s a lot of potential with Kon and the rest on Earth 3.
    I'm not implying that Earth-3 or Conner going there won't be the plan. Nah. Actually, I think that's right on the money. I doubt they'll call him Superman when they get there, but I'm fairly sure that's where they're moving him. I'm just saying the 1-to-1 nature of that story isn't set in stone simply for a number of reasons (like no one being that old for one).

It's in part why I firmly believe Matt will be the new Superboy. While likely not a Conner clone (my vote is cyborg), he's likely to fill that role similar to how Thao-La seems to be functioning like a cross between Matrix and Silver age Kara. And between how often Superman's name is brought up, and Jon outright showing up in Shazam (at the school) and already being called Superman by the kids, I think we'll see Matt and Jon meet once the mystery behind him is solved.

Conner was stuck at 16 in Superboy issue 41 in '97. He was unfrozen during the Young Justice Sins of Youth arc around May 2000 in Superboy 74. Serling Rockette was able to get his aging process unstuck, enabling him to age to an adult due to Klarion's spell. By the end of his series to the time of his death and rebirth he was written as a 17 year old.

I do believe he will become Earth 3's Superman. Editorial seems to want to send him off there. His dream of becoming Superman realized while not stepping on whatever plans they have for Jon.

And I’m all for it if that happens, I think there’s a ton of potential in Kon becoming the Superman of Earth 3. Only reason it might now is that he’s still “Superboy” in Titans, and he may still be that as well in Young Justice S4.

Basic unique attributes
    - short hair,but messy, can have a shaved undercut
    -green eyes, like Reign movie and superman x
    -S barcode tattoo, like new 52 and Titans tv show
    -YJ shows body frame
    -frozen age, around 18 years old
    -YJ shows basic street/combat dress gear
    - black leather jacket with yellow S shield on back
    -YJ powerset
    -TTK, all touch, and conscious effort only
    -added heat vision, touch sense, and possibly see in his mind what his super hearing picks up on the vibrational spectrum
    - DNA memory, shown on the Titans show and the new 52

This ^ is a article from CBR where they describe his powers the way I would want them. Weaker partial kryptonian powers, but with TTK to give him the ability to match them. I even like the burning out of his powers idea(from Geoff Johns), IF you combine them with him being frozen in age(18).

I want him to be stuck in age, 18, I want him to have a partial kryptonian powerset, physically weaker, with heat vision, hearing, and infra red. I want TTK thst only works when he focuses on it. I want it to amp his weaker physicals, but also give him flight, and all the cool TTK tricks learned by the 90s SB. Also want bending of light, and touch scan (new 52),and the ability to picture in his mind what his super hearing can pick up on the vibrational spectrum.now to the age plus geoffs over excursion weakness, I would have it where his power (TTK) didn't stop growing in power, BUT his body being frozen in age can't handle it. So he can punch UP, but it can crush him physically if not used intelligently.if the fight with Prime tells us anything, he can, atleast for a short time, punch up, and fight those at higher power levels than him.

Having him frozen young will make when he has to face off against Ultraman a uphill battle, but him having TTK growing even when his body isn't will let him battle those out of his league.

I don't want him in a cape or a generic powerset or way of being a hero, I want him to look like a mix of leather jacket and YJs kon, I want him to fight different,deal with "villian" world diffemrt than Clark would.
    Last edited by SuperX; 07-30-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Conner cameos as a construct created by Keli (Teen Lantern) in Green Lantern #5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Today's Suicide Squad has some answers for us.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So that's where Conner was. Earth-3 took another beloved Superboy from me. But at least he wasn't broken beyond repair like the other one. Can...Can we just erase that hellhole before it takes someone else? Just...casually drop Jon back in that universe and activate his solar flare -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    So that's where Conner was. Earth-3 took another beloved Superboy from me. But at least he wasn't broken beyond repair like the other one. Can...Can we just erase that hellhole before it takes someone else? Just...casually drop Jon back in that universe and activate his solar flare -____-
    You misread that. They’re back on Earth 0 at the end. Looks like Suicide Squad Conner is indeed a clone of a clone!

Yeah I made the same mistake when I first read it. They're indeed back on the main Earth. Can't wait for the annual.

Soy’s rendition of clone Conner is so good, the fight scene between him and Ultraman was cool:

And I liked his take on the “real” Kon in all his 90s glory lol:

Explains why nobody has come for Superboy on the Suicide Squad. Wonder what’s going to happen to the real Kon? They subdue and imprison him I’m guessing.

Why was the "real" Conner there to begin with?

Could be following a lead after the Titans ask him why he attacked them...or he could be yet another clone. I seriously wonder if that's why his powers are supposed to eventually shut off. But I mean, the question still lingers: why do we keep following the clone rather than Conner if that is the "real" Conner? After the annual we don't see that Conner on any covers, yet we still see the clone.

_________

I'm also kind of interested in the idea that clone Conner may get more powerful (at least as strong as Ultraman, thus as strong as Clark and Kara of our Earth) when he's mad, but his sense goes. His Bizarro from may actually be his more powerful form. It's like basically doing the Superman version of the Hulk.

And this actually lines up with Young Justice shockingly well. Remember Conner was weaker because because of the human DNA in the show, but Match was as strong as Superman because he had all Kryptonian DNA. The draw back was that it left him very, very mentally imbalanced, and he existed in a near constant state of rage. This is then mimicked by Conner when when he gets the patches. It dampens his human genes, but in doing so creates a mental imbalance.

I'd be down if this was Conner's thing going forward. A Jekyll and Hyde struggle. As Bizarro he's as strong as Clark, but his mind leaves him, and as Conner he's weaker so he must rely on his Luthor cunning more than he usually has to.