Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

2018 chevy cruze 1.4 turbo 0 60

My new theory is that Jon will take the place of the clone kon, by getting in the machine and emerging with a spirit thst isn't in control named kon-el, and tactile telekinesis, not kryptonian powers, because of being half kryptonian and not a Smallville native.

I'm guessing he will be the kon who is more like the kesel SB, while the Titans show is more like the Geoff version.
    I wanted John to team up with the Ravers from the 90s. That's a group Kon teams up with so it works out.

Jon's actor gives off Kon vibes so I see what you mean. Him getting TK through artificial means is a good angle. It also prevents him learning about his powers from feeling too similar to his brother's.

Incredible Member

It'd also replicate Kon initially believing he has Superman's powerset only to slowly figure out he doesn't (and the denial and angst from realizing he's not who he thinks he is) in Reign of the Supermen, only now it would be Jon being excited about having the same powers as his father and brother and slowly realizing he doesn't (plus the denial and angst from that).

Kon is back with the Titans here.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So the TV show team but out of continuity? Works for me, it’s a good way to give people Kontent who aren’t enjoying SS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Are we sure it's out of continuity? There's nothing saying it is, several other minis starting in September too are in-continuity stories, to the best of my knowledge there's nothing preventing these characters from teaming up in main continuity, and Kon isn't mentioned in the Suicide Squad solicits for the second month after the Annual had him discover the truth.

It's weird cause the "real" kon is supposed to be the punk YJ kon, but now we get this book with what looks like the one from the suicide squad.

Oh and it looks like he can't fly
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wanted John to team up with the Ravers from the 90s. That's a group Kon teams up with so it works out.

Jon's actor gives off Kon vibes so I see what you mean. Him getting TK through artificial means is a good angle. It also prevents him learning about his powers from feeling too similar to his brother's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    It'd also replicate Kon initially believing he has Superman's powerset only to slowly figure out he doesn't (and the denial and angst from realizing he's not who he thinks he is) in Reign of the Supermen, only now it would be Jon being excited about having the same powers as his father and brother and slowly realizing he doesn't (plus the denial and angst from that).
    Thats what I'm saying, Jon comes off like the 90s SB, and this would be a cool way to differentiate the boys (even more) when giving him TTK
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

:sigh: Looks like they're keeping the wrong Superboy judging by the look. Will OG/Bendis Superboy be revealed "not real" somehow?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-18-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    :sigh: Looks like they're keeping the wrong Superboy judging by the look. Will OG/Bendis Superboy be revealed "not real" somehow?

I don't think either is the SB we should look to as the 1,more like pieces of the 1, and someday DC will get their heads out of their asses and give us the 1 thst brings everything we love about kon together

BANNED

According to people on Reddit...Titans United is likely a tie in to the show

The worst thing they can do to this character is making a Clone Saga out of him.

I understand people don't like T-Shirt Kon as much, but that can derail him AGAIN. We already had this with Scott Lobdell.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    According to people on Reddit...Titans United is likely a tie in to the show
    Nothing suggest that this is a tie-in to the show. Why make a book in the TV series universe and not use their costumes? And they don't even have the T Tower in the show.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Pick a kon to be the kon DC then tone down the punk look and slap a black tshirt on him and give him both power sets and your done

No mention after the Suicide Squad annual and his only other appearance is Titans United. I'm a bit worried. Seems as though 5G is still continuing in one shape or another. Will he be dumped in Earth 3 or is he getting benched?

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    No mention after the Suicide Squad annual and his only other appearance is Titans United. I'm a bit worried. Seems as though 5G is still continuing in one shape or another. Will he be dumped in Earth 3 or is he getting benched?
    Could just not be in the solicit, but still in the book.future state still looks like it's happening so he "should" still be in the book, if they are moving in thst direction.

I don't think it's been saod for sure if titans united is out of contuity or not yet,but I'll take any and all kon appearances I can get.

Grummett drew this, if he didn't go with the style DC wanted all three of the covers (SBs, Supergirls, and Steels) then he would have went for something like this