Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Thst would be cool. Superboy having the Legion and the phantom zone as parts of the new season could give him some spotlight hopefully.

Kon will be the superboy for the YJ Legion
    Kon will. Get. A flight ring and be able to fly finally
    Kon can interact with some PZ criminals,maybe fight actual kryptonians
    Kon in the fortress of solitude

Anything else?
    Kon in the 31st century could be fun as well, grappling with his part in participating in and continuing the Superman legacy. We’re in a bit of a dry period right now but when stuff starts coming out we are going to have loads of Kontent to talk about
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I haven't finished all of YJS3 yet, but I would like for Kon to develop more of his Kryptonian abilities like flight and heat-vision.
    On that show the only way that's gonna happen is if he has a Legion flight ring and the new gods (or someone else like Hamilton) creates for him a pair of super specs.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad he returned to his t-shirt and jeans look. To me, it's his best look yet and it's much better then his more recent YJ look.

That recent YJ comic look was way to punk, from top to bottom, and that is NOT kon. Sorry folks who think "they know him", you don't.

Better suits were the present no suit look, the YJ show look, the Reign of the Supermen movie look, the new 52 look, amd the Smallville season 11 look
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kon in the 31st century could be fun as well, grappling with his part in participating in and continuing the Superman legacy. We’re in a bit of a dry period right now but when stuff starts coming out we are going to have loads of Kontent to talk about
    So kon will be in
    Suicide squad comic
    YJ season 4

Anything else?

Wish the DCAU wasn't starting over again, only because of losing kon, and so soon(that team of Titans was a amazing looking line up).

So kon will be in
    Suicide squad comic
    YJ season 4

Anything else?

Wish the DCAU wasn't starting over again, only because of losing kon, and so soon(that team of Titans was a amazing looking line up).
    The Titans show, so he’ll be on three teams and I think there’s rumors he and Tim Drake will leave the Titans show to lead a Teen Titans spinoff
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I don't like the shirt and jeans look, it's horrible, nor is it a real uniform, it's sad this, since in YJ Rebirth he had one of his best look!

The Titans show, so he’ll be on three teams and I think there’s rumors he and Tim Drake will leave the Titans show to lead a Teen Titans spinoff

Damn how did I forget about the Titans show lol.

So 2 out of comics, and 1 in comics, BUT notice they are all team shows/books, that being the only way they present kon is kinda depressing, even if it's cool to have him in 3 places.

I mean I know he won't be as big as Jon is (the golden child), but man he is becoming another Bizzaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I don't like the shirt and jeans look, it's horrible, nor is it a real uniform, it's sad this, since in YJ Rebirth he had one of his best look!

They took this look a Lil to far with the spikes,but I love having seeing the look myself, it is more a grunting version of his original suit, and I do appreciate the fingerless gloves with this callback suit instead of the full fimgered red gloves

This suit is a callback to the original also, has the full gloves, but not the seperate thicker real gloves of the original, BUT has the black in the S shield that u like and want in whatever universal origin he gets (if he gets one someday). Orignal kesel/Grummett suit with fingerless red gloves and a black/ red S shield would be the perfect beginning suit for him.

What are some characteristics or other things you think should ALWAYS be a part of kon-els makeup?

What are some characteristics or other things you think should ALWAYS be a part of kon-els makeup?
    Disrespect for authority
    Enjoyment at having powers
    Love of the spotlight
    Kinda bipolar in that he tends to switch between cheerful joker and withdrawn brooder depending on his mood
    Struggles with the weight of the Superman/Luthor legacies
    Got a ruthless streak to him when pressed

Disrespect for authority
    Enjoyment at having powers
    Love of the spotlight
    Kinda bipolar in that he tends to switch between cheerful joker and withdrawn brooder depending on his mood
    Struggles with the weight of the Superman/Luthor legacies
    Got a ruthless streak to him when pressed

I agree with those, maybe the 1sr one needs to be toned down a Lil, but he does have his issues with them for sure.

Now how about origin, or look, or powerset, or future story ideas

I agree with those, maybe the 1sr one needs to be toned down a Lil, but he does have his issues with them for sure.

Origin: I like the comic/cartoon YJ/Live action Titans origin of him being a Cadmus grown replacement for Superman with Luthor DNA.
    Look: I’m fine with the t-shirt and jeans, just let him keep the leather punk jacket and spectacles. Also the shaved sides haircut, I love that, it’s something no other Superfamily member would wear so it makes it distinctly Kon’s.
    Powerset: Kryptonian abilities but how about he lacks Arctic breath and x-Ray vision like the animated Kon, but he gets tactile telekinesis as a tradeoff?
    Future stories: With Jon basically taking over as the “true” heir to Clark, I say we lean into Kon’s Luthor heritage, and have Lex gift him Lexcorp. I think we’ve done as much as we can with businessman Lex, and him making Kon “his” heir and turning over his business interests to him would really give Kon an opportunity to play in different storytelling arenas than the rest of the Superfamily. There’d need to be a twist as to why Lex would do this but I’ve got a few ideas.

Origin: I like the comic/cartoon YJ/Live action Titans origin of him being a Cadmus grown replacement for Superman with Luthor DNA.
    Look: I’m fine with the t-shirt and jeans, just let him keep the leather punk jacket and spectacles. Also the shaved sides haircut, I love that, it’s something no other Superfamily member would wear so it makes it distinctly Kon’s.
    Powerset: Kryptonian abilities but how about he lacks Arctic breath and x-Ray vision like the animated Kon, but he gets tactile telekinesis as a tradeoff?
    Future stories: With Jon basically taking over as the “true” heir to Clark, I say we lean into Kon’s Luthor heritage, and have Lex gift him Lexcorp. I think we’ve done as much as we can with businessman Lex, and him making Kon “his” heir and turning over his business interests to him would really give Kon an opportunity to play in different storytelling arenas than the rest of the Superfamily. There’d need to be a twist as to why Lex would do this but I’ve got a few ideas.

I like your ideas

Origin= definitely think he should be a cadmas clone created to be supermans replacement, either because he iis dead, could die someday, or because they want their own controllable superman.

Absolutely NOW should be a hybrid clone of Kal and lex. Sure let Westfield think he is the donor, but lex orchestrated the process from the beginning.

Look= there are those who want a supersuit, and there are those who want him in a more combat ready look like on the YJ show, and I would be cool with both. Aslong as you keep the black in the S shield, fingerless gloves, black leather jacket,and he wasn't built like a Lil kid anymore, he should be drawn like he is almost supermans size, but not completely.

Powerset= I think when he is fully aged he should be have full kryptonian powers, plus a mix of new 52 and titans of tomorrow type TK. When he is 1st let out his cloning tube he should have NO kryptonian powers, and has to rely on TTK, which will still let him be a SUPER.Then as he gets older and absorbs solar energy he should grow into kryptonian powers like he has on the YJ show. Those together will make him compete with or be better than most powered beings on earth. Not until he is fully grown should his full powers, powers thst would make him 1 of the most powerful beings in the DCU.

Future stories = this could be anything, he is so versatile, and his future is so open and not set in stone. He could be do ground level or cosmic storirs easily. Interacting with lex is a must for me, why else make him partly his clone.

I think I would keep his origin intact. I'm fine with it. I'd have his series take place in Hawaii. First of all Hawaii is beautiful (I've been there twice) and would be a breath of fresh air from cities like Gotham and Metropolis. I think I'd also have Kon in tune with Hawaiian culture as well, but not appropriate it. So with that being said he would his jeans (or shorts?) and t-shirt look. (don't hate me 90s fans lol)

Powerset? His TK abilities would be his bread and better. As a matter of fact. TK would enhance his kryptonian abilities. And with the intelligence of Luthor, he'll be able to use his powers in the most creative ways.

I would bring back The Ravers as part of his supporting cast. Along with Dubbilex, Wolf (from YJ) and Crush. Kon and Knockout will have more of a big sister/little brother dynamic.

The series would have over the top superhero action mixed some offbeat humor.

Now let's talk about villains, shall we? I would re-establish King Shark as a Superboy villain and Match would be his Bizarro. I love when heroes have a "thematic rogues gallery" Batman has his street level foes, Firestorm's rogues are in tune with elements/energy, most of Aquaman villains are aquatic-based. So with Kon I'd have his rogues gallery filled with clones and other genetic/biological abominations. Some might think that clones are redundant but I feel like there are different ways you can do them. Splicing kryptonian DNA with Parasite's DNA could be a problem.

Now that i think about it. A Superboy book could lean heavily into Biopunk territory.
    Last edited by atomicskull; 04-23-2021 at 10:53 PM.