It's the phantom zone, and he isn't dead, PERIOD. Some just want him to go away so bad they will argue in thst direction till the end of time.

Obviously this is a take on Mon-El being out into the zone back in the day, BUT it's also a take on the Injustice universe where Conner was placed in the zone after superman punched him near death. Both times there had to be a way to save them before they came out, cause they both would have died if they were not put in the PZ.

So do I think this is a free my spirit and goodbye thing NO, do I think it's a "been thrown in the PZ to keep me from dying, now just waiting for a way to live after someome let's me out, YES.

I don't see present medicine saving him, unless a mother box and a father box worked together,or maybe Weissman thinks it's funny if all he needs is to be thrown into the sun, to heal himself lol.

It's possible he stays there, until they can save him from his injuries, which might take awhile, even centuries.

I do think if he does comeback into a physical form thst is metagene will surface (cause it only shows up close to death, and him being part kryptonian is a much harder situation to get him there).

I also think having kryptonite exploding in his face will give him either a natural immunity to it, new powers from it, or at the very least green eyes.

If they try to bring him back to sson, he will die of his injuries, thsts something they will have to come to terms with, he might be a PZ prisoner for awhile, which might bring in whoever was actually imprisoned becaise of criminal acts on krypton in there.