Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Actually to be fair that its by FAR his best look...
    I HATE the Future State Look where he wears this red pants and cape.

I really really really really DONT get it why they can give Jonathan Kent so GREAT Costumes like in DCeased and also in Future State (I am talking about the ARTWORKS- where he really really looked cool) meanwhile I really really HATE Conners Outfits besides the Jeans and Shirt one so far.

This is actually his best outfit which he is wearing (REBIRTH ERA) AND his Face looks also much much much better.

He also seems to be more muscular and finally look more serious UNLIKE the YJ Rebirth Conner.

Like I said:

TRADE Heat Vision+Freeze Breath+Super Breath against Full TK.
    So he basically has all Kryptonian Powers (WITHOUT!!! Freeze Breath, Super Breath and Heat Vision) but instead of these 3 has Full TK.

OR

NEW52 Superboy with a higher level of natural strenght,invulnerability and all Super-Senses

Actually I have to say I am COMPLETELY 1.000% AGAINST TTK..

Normally Kryptonian Invulnerability and Strenght is MUCH COOLER, WORKS BETTER and has NO WEAKNESSES, replace this with TTK would only degrade the character because TTK simulated powers are more like "cheating" and besides simulating Kryptonian Powers his powers were also lame.

So EITHER

a) Keep all Kryptonian Powers and FORGET TTK
    b) Replace the advanced Kryptonian Powers (Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, Super-Breath and Solar-Flare) with FULL TK and let him keep
    natural Flying, Super-Senses, natural Invulnerability, natural Strenght

Best way is to FORGET this Idea, which might also be only an idea to bring the Super-Family back together and let Conner become older and work on his character, feats and future.

I have to say that I would like to see Conner as kind of Game of Thrones Khal Drogo for example.
    The future state look could be better withput the cape and a different haircut for him, plus some fingerless gloves and a jacket, it could work.

We will agree that kon needs to be drawn like a good size young man, and I like the black and red S on his chest.

It's crazy thst you only like 1 version of Conner, and **** on all the others, while I loved all his versions, and want him to have something from all of them going forward.

TTK is awesome, it has so many cool things it can do, and it's good to change up the powerset in the SUPER family, they all have the same thing, it's boring. He was a hybrid clone, he should have differences in his powers, at the same time as being able to "hang" with them.

Black zero had TTK with heat vision and super hearing and was a total badass, so yeah you can easily have TTK and not be weaker or shown to be less than the other kryptonians.

Imo he needs heat vision and super hearing, and his flight should always be from his TTK. That's sins of youth, black zero plus Smallville season eleven for those 3.

I liked the new 52 powerset, but he was missing physical power and the need for contact for his powers to work, we don't need him to be a knockoff of nate Grey when nate Grey was a knockoff of him(and cable of course).

That's why I said make the new 52 powers tactile, add the YJ shows powers, plus heat vision from his solar cells and his TTK pushing it out, and you have a pretty cool and powerful powerset. And no it isn't weaker at all, if anything he would still be more powerful, just with 1 weakness to make his stories interesting.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    And then maybe they will have him guest spot on the peacemaker HBOmax show, then it can spinoff a show for Kon and krytpo
    Nah, neither of those things is gonna happen. I don't think James Gunn reads current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah, neither of those things is gonna happen. I don't think James Gunn reads current comics.
    I wouldn’t be so sure, Gunn is still using Harley after all, and she’s got her New 52 black and red color scheme. It’s unlikely given the Titans and Peacemaker are in different continuities, but the Multiverse is apparently their plan going forward, and CW Batwoman may be showing up in Titans.

nevermind, site wont let me post it
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

The future state look could be better withput the cape and a different haircut for him, plus some fingerless gloves and a jacket, it could work.

We will agree that kon needs to be drawn like a good size young man, and I like the black and red S on his chest.

It's crazy thst you only like 1 version of Conner, and **** on all the others, while I loved all his versions, and want him to have something from all of them going forward.

TTK is awesome, it has so many cool things it can do, and it's good to change up the powerset in the SUPER family, they all have the same thing, it's boring. He was a hybrid clone, he should have differences in his powers, at the same time as being able to "hang" with them.

Black zero had TTK with heat vision and super hearing and was a total badass, so yeah you can easily have TTK and not be weaker or shown to be less than the other kryptonians.

Imo he needs heat vision and super hearing, and his flight should always be from his TTK. That's sins of youth, black zero plus Smallville season eleven for those 3.

I liked the new 52 powerset, but he was missing physical power and the need for contact for his powers to work, we don't need him to be a knockoff of nate Grey when nate Grey was a knockoff of him(and cable of course).

That's why I said make the new 52 powers tactile, add the YJ shows powers, plus heat vision from his solar cells and his TTK pushing it out, and you have a pretty cool and powerful powerset. And no it isn't weaker at all, if anything he would still be more powerful, just with 1 weakness to make his stories interesting.

Actually:

1. NO, sorry, but the Future State Look ABSOLUTELY DOESNT! work, regardless how do you change it
    The colors are too bright and I HATE the 2 different colors on pants and top.

It actually represents all the things which I was proud that Conner didnt have it:
    -Cape
    -Bright colors
    etc.

DCeased ADULT Jonathan Kent has a MUCH BETTER Costume for example.
    His costume has ONE Color and its a more serious, dark, grim Version.

2. TTK Invulnerability had MANY! Flaws
    Gas, Fire and he had to concentrate to keep it up

3. Like I ALREADY SAID:
    TTK and Powers by ITEMS are for me CHEATING!

So Kryptonian Level Super-Strenght and Invulnerability are for me a MUST which CANT! be replaced

4. What is "awesome" about TTK?
    The only cool thing which all the Superboy Versions (BESIDES NEW52 Version) did was TTK Shield to protect others

The rest "dissassemble things" etc. was pretty useless and being "invisible" like NEW52 Jonathan Lane Kent is also NOTHING what a Super-Character needs.

5. The AWESOME Telekinetic Feats all come from NEW52, part of also by Smallville
    Jonathan Lane Kent, Kon-El and ESPECIALLY H'EL showed effective Telekinesis
    Telekinetic restraining of Wonder Woman and Superman, impaling Superman with psionic Construct, ripping Parasite into pieces,Telekinetic attacks

6. NO, Like I already said MANY times I have no problems with changing his power-set, BUT
    I) Strenght Level has to be NATURAL, coming from his Kryptonian Heritage
    II) Invulnerability has also to come from NATURAL Kryptonian Heritage-otherwise it has too many flaws (Gas, Fire) and when he loses control he is vulnerable like a normal human (Jon Lane Kent for example lost an eye because of it)
    III) his Vision senses should definetely be coming fom Kryptonian Heritage-TTK scan never worked as good as traditional Kryptonian Senses
    IV) TK Powers have to be FULL TK to increase their reach and variability

7. I find it funny that you say to me that I DONT like other Superboy Variations while in reality I am also in favour to changing his Power-Set and I am one of the few who almost equally like Johns TT Superboy and NEW52 Superboy

I liked NEW52 Superboy-BUT
    a) he only had very limited physical power without Telekinesis
    b) He only had TTK Invulnerability
    c) He lacked of personality and Girlfriend
    d) I didnt like his relationship to others (Clark,Kara,TT)
    e) He was constantly swapped from GOD to LOSER-sometimes he was powerful like a God and then displayed like a Loser in the next Issue

8. Dragon Ball solved it much better with the KI Energy where Son Goku and Vegeta for example have completely different attacks
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-18-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Actually:

1. NO, sorry, but the Future State Look ABSOLUTELY DOESNT! work, regardless how do you change it
    The colors are too bright and I HATE the 2 different colors on pants and top.

It actually represents all the things which I was proud that Conner didnt have it:
    -Cape
    -Bright colors
    etc.

DCeased ADULT Jonathan Kent has a MUCH BETTER Costume for example.
    His costume has ONE Color and its a more serious, dark, grim Version.

2. TTK Invulnerability had MANY! Flaws
    Gas, Fire and he had to concentrate to keep it up

3. Like I ALREADY SAID:
    TTK and Powers by ITEMS are for me CHEATING!

So Kryptonian Level Super-Strenght and Invulnerability are for me a MUST which CANT! be replaced

4. What is "awesome" about TTK?
    The only cool thing which all the Superboy Versions (BESIDES NEW52 Version) did was TTK Shield to protect others

The rest "dissassemble things" etc. was pretty useless and being "invisible" like NEW52 Jonathan Lane Kent is also NOTHING what a Super-Character needs.

5. The AWESOME Telekinetic Feats all come from NEW52, part of also by Smallville
    Jonathan Lane Kent, Kon-El and ESPECIALLY H'EL showed effective Telekinesis
    Telekinetic restraining of Wonder Woman and Superman, impaling Superman with psionic Construct, ripping Parasite into pieces,Telekinetic attacks

6. NO, Like I already said MANY times I have no problems with changing his power-set, BUT
    I) Strenght Level has to be NATURAL, coming from his Kryptonian Heritage
    II) Invulnerability has also to come from NATURAL Kryptonian Heritage-otherwise it has too many flaws (Gas, Fire) and when he loses control he is vulnerable like a normal human (Jon Lane Kent for example lost an eye because of it)
    III) his Vision senses should definetely be coming fom Kryptonian Heritage-TTK scan never worked as good as traditional Kryptonian Senses
    IV) TK Powers have to be FULL TK to increase their reach and variability

7. I find it funny that you say to me that I DONT like other Superboy Variations while in reality I am also in favour to changing his Power-Set and I am one of the few who almost equally like Johns TT Superboy and NEW52 Superboy

I liked NEW52 Superboy-BUT
    a) he only had very limited physical power without Telekinesis
    b) He only had TTK Invulnerability
    c) He lacked of personality and Girlfriend
    d) I didnt like his relationship to others (Clark,Kara,TT)
    e) He was constantly swapped from GOD to LOSER-sometimes he was powerful like a God and then displayed like a Loser in the next Issue

8. Dragon Ball solved it much better with the KI Energy where Son Goku and Vegeta for example have completely different attacks

The future state artists was probably trying to go for a grown up look that was like his 90s look, and it does,needs some tweaks for sure, but this hasn't been what kon looks like when ppl think of him for years though.YJ, TT, Smallville, the comics, even teen titans go has him all in the black tshirt

Jon has a "cool" suit because they want him to be the new superman, so he is gonna get dibs on the good stuff.

TTK when SB had it did have the gas, fire, lasers weakness, but I brought up black zero, who had no issues what so ever, and actually if he didn't talk about having TTK you would think he was powered just like a kryptonian.

Kryptonian strength, speed, and durability has already been replaced by 90s kon and new 52 kon, so no it's not a requirement. The sins of youth and black zero examples show that TTK can and does make you just as powerful as a kryptonian.

Have you not read any comics with the original kon-el? If you did you would see how fun and how useful TTK is.

Have you atleast seen the convergence superboy issue where he fights the kingdom come superman?

TTK is good in close up fights but also can get you far away. Once kon was strapped to a table and bit a guard and sent his TTK thru him and freed himself, thsts freaking fun stuff.

New 52 kon had some very impressive TK, but remember he didn't have much physical power so he needed all that TK power to make up for it. If you had a kon who was already physically powerful on some level you wouldn't need actual TK

What you want is a more powerful superman plain as thst. If he has supermans physical strength and full TK he would be way above superman himself, and DC will NOT allow that.

the YJ shows Conner gets knocked around a lot, but by superman level guys, guys a teen super character wouldn't be able to beat anyway.he also has strength and durability which makes him hard to keep down. That was what the new 52 Kon was lacking and that's why he got blindsided multiple times, well if you gave the new 52 kon the YJ shows kons physical powers he wouldn't, he could take your cheap shot then give it back worse to you.

TTK gives kon strength, speed, and durability to go up against tough stuff, but if you add it to the YJ shows kons physical powers he would be able to handle any physical problem way easier than both of them.

The new 52 kon had 2 supersenses, a touch scan, and a micro vibrational scan,they both worked great, and gave him total knowledge of everything around him. Now if you add the YJ show Conners infra red vision and suoerhearing he would have more than enough supersenses to be as good or better than full kryptonians.

There is a lot more to kon than just GEOFFS TT and the new 52 kons, and I love them all, but I also think to make 1 kon that all fans of all his different variations will all like together you have to make kon have a Lil from each version of him.
    Kesel
    Geoff
    New 52
    Bendis
    Smallville
    Young justice
    Titans
    Reign of the supermen
    Teen titans go
    Injustice
    Probably more I can't think of, have YOU read or watched ALL these versions? Every book, every show? I base my ideas off of all these, not just what is floating in my head.

Adding the YJ shows powers to the new 52s powers would make all his flaws go away and make him SUPER powerful
    Last edited by SuperX; 01-18-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

One day I’ll give the Lemire run a reread. This conclusion always made me wonder if he ultimately would’ve taken Kon in a direction more my liking, had his run not been cut short:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One day I’ll give the Lemire run a reread. This conclusion always made me wonder if he ultimately would’ve taken Kon in a direction more my liking, had his run not been cut short:

What direction would that be?

What direction would that be?
    Basically that final page, Kon realizes he’s never going to be normal, nothing about him is normal, and he’s ok with that.

Mighty Member

The future state artists was probably trying to go for a grown up look that was like his 90s look, and it does,needs some tweaks for sure, but this hasn't been what kon looks like when ppl think of him for years though.YJ, TT, Smallville, the comics, even teen titans go has him all in the black tshirt

Jon has a "cool" suit because they want him to be the new superman, so he is gonna get dibs on the good stuff.

TTK when SB had it did have the gas, fire, lasers weakness, but I brought up black zero, who had no issues what so ever, and actually if he didn't talk about having TTK you would think he was powered just like a kryptonian.

Kryptonian strength, speed, and durability has already been replaced by 90s kon and new 52 kon, so no it's not a requirement. The sins of youth and black zero examples show that TTK can and does make you just as powerful as a kryptonian.

Have you not read any comics with the original kon-el? If you did you would see how fun and how useful TTK is.

Have you atleast seen the convergence superboy issue where he fights the kingdom come superman?

TTK is good in close up fights but also can get you far away. Once kon was strapped to a table and bit a guard and sent his TTK thru him and freed himself, thsts freaking fun stuff.

New 52 kon had some very impressive TK, but remember he didn't have much physical power so he needed all that TK power to make up for it. If you had a kon who was already physically powerful on some level you wouldn't need actual TK

What you want is a more powerful superman plain as thst. If he has supermans physical strength and full TK he would be way above superman himself, and DC will NOT allow that.

the YJ shows Conner gets knocked around a lot, but by superman level guys, guys a teen super character wouldn't be able to beat anyway.he also has strength and durability which makes him hard to keep down. That was what the new 52 Kon was lacking and that's why he got blindsided multiple times, well if you gave the new 52 kon the YJ shows kons physical powers he wouldn't, he could take your cheap shot then give it back worse to you.

TTK gives kon strength, speed, and durability to go up against tough stuff, but if you add it to the YJ shows kons physical powers he would be able to handle any physical problem way easier than both of them.

The new 52 kon had 2 supersenses, a touch scan, and a micro vibrational scan,they both worked great, and gave him total knowledge of everything around him. Now if you add the YJ show Conners infra red vision and suoerhearing he would have more than enough supersenses to be as good or better than full kryptonians.

There is a lot more to kon than just GEOFFS TT and the new 52 kons, and I love them all, but I also think to make 1 kon that all fans of all his different variations will all like together you have to make kon have a Lil from each version of him.
    Kesel
    Geoff
    New 52
    Bendis
    Smallville
    Young justice
    Titans
    Reign of the supermen
    Teen titans go
    Injustice
    Probably more I can't think of, have YOU read or watched ALL these versions? Every book, every show? I base my ideas off of all these, not just what is floating in my head.

Adding the YJ shows powers to the new 52s powers would make all his flaws go away and make him SUPER powerful
    1. BLACK ZERO was only up for 2-3 Issues if I remind right and he was NEVER NEVER NEVER really tested
    BESIDES the concentration weakness is a weakness which TTK has explizit

2. I read Young Justice AND Superboy Solo-Series BUT TTK only had RIDICULOUS effects if you dont count the simulated Kryptonian Powers
    TTK dissassemble is ridiculous IF you dont increase it to H'El Level where he can rip people apart
    TTK blast are cool-but very limited

The only only only thing which really helps against Doomsday, Black Adam etc. was the TTK shield which blocked magic-this was the only cool thing which he had

3. Kryptonian Super-Strenght, Kryptonian Invulnerability and Speed are the three minimum conditions

4. Its absolutely RIDICULOUS to bring up YJ,Superboy,Smallville Comics etc. etc. up.

This is the PAST and its ridiculous to compare the time as kid, now with his future.
    He fights now against villains like Black Zero, Doomsday, Ultraman etc. NOT!!! against humans etc.

You have to think about being on this level, NOT!! on Young Justice Time levels...

No one of the TTK stuff would work against Doomsday-Black Zero maybe if the TTK Shield blocks all his powers and he is able to knock him out

5. Kingdom Come Superman WASNT fighting in this fight-he only tried to calm Conner
    AND won the fight clearly

6. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY DOUBT that he is a teen anymore-on IF Cover he looks like he is 20-22 years old (so he is just an older Version of the Johns TT Conner)
    I would be really happy about that, because its ridiculous to keep him around as teenager

7. Like I said
    Kryptonian strenght, Kryptonian Invulnerability, Kryptonian Senses,Kryptonian Speed+Reflexes
    ADDED WITH
    Full Telekinesis

This makes him more versatile than Superman-but he has NO Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, Super-Breath

Mighty Member

I must say that I find it annoying to argument with Young Justice Superboy, Superboy in Hawaii etc.
    SURE this was fun etc. BUT! People MUST! understand that this is past and he now isnt a kid anymore and his enemies are Doomsday, Ultraman, Black Adam etc.

I personally also HATE the Idea of Power loss or chaning in Powers and I hope that it was only a temporary Idea to bring the Super-Family together and the Idea gets NEVER mentioned again.

I LOVE the first pictures of IF Suicide Squad-because they remind me a lot of TT Conner.
    I personally LOVE!! the Idea of deleting the Lemire Run and the Young Justice Rebirth Run and CONNECTING IF Suicide Squad DIRECTLY to the end of Johns TT.

Suicide Squad is a good Idea which seperates him from Jonathan and Clark.

I LOVE the Idea of Conner as dark, brutal, cool Version of Superman.

So he is like Red Hood to Batman, Vegeta to Son Goku etc.

Actually this is INCREDIBLE PERFECT-because so Conner can have his own missions against powerful enemies, Jon can be the goody two shoes kid of the goody two shoes guy etc. while Conner can follow his own path and ISNT forced into the Superman Role.

I also LOVE the Idea that the dark look-with the black Shirt and Red S get expanded to a cool-dark suit and he also wears his hairs different to Clark and Jonathan-LONGER, maybe with a beard

In Terms of Look I like the Idea of Conner a really close look to GENERAL ZOD (Costume+Hairstyle+Beard) in the comics AND also his muscular body back which he had during the TT Years

Red Hood (Jason) is a bit to extreme as I dont want him to kill humans and I still want him to have relationships with other Characters and being a hero-But I really like the Idea of a powerful Superman, who goes more in the direction of Anti-Heroes than being the perfect goody-two shoes.

This is ACTUALLY perfect: So he gets his own role in the family, ISNT forced to become Superman, can establish his own character, so it doesnt look like he is the loser who didnt get the Superman Title.

AND!! many!! people find Superman boring, because he is to perfect-so it would be a great Chance to see a Superman with attitude.

Dragon Ball for example is the perfect example where I like Vegeta MUCH MUCH MUCH more than I like Son Goku.

Actually Vegeta is the one who I can see perfectly as prototype for Conner while Son Goku and Son Gohan might be the Clark and Jonathan.
    Maybe also Piccolo if we are talking about relationships to the younger generation.

I am wondering with Connor being in the Squad is it because that he was created in a lab by CADMUS so therefore he is a property of the government?

I remember the Ultimen from the Justice League animated series, maybe Waller sees the creation of Connor Kent as inspiration to create her own squad of Kryptonian hybrids, a Supermen Squad.

When I first saw the Suicide Squad Future State cover I thought that the rest of the SS members could be clones just like Connor but with each having the DNA of Batman, WW, Aquaman, Flash and Martian Manhunter until I found out that MM could possibly be Clayface and Flash is Bolt who will be in Teen Titans Academy.
    Last edited by Incognito; 01-20-2021 at 10:31 AM.

I'm cool with him befriending a criminal like he did with Icicle Jr. It could be a fun dynamic to explore. Conner trying to enable the Squad to be better people is a cool angle for him.

I must say that I find it annoying to argument with Young Justice Superboy, Superboy in Hawaii etc.
    SURE this was fun etc. BUT! People MUST! understand that this is past and he now isnt a kid anymore and his enemies are Doomsday, Ultraman, Black Adam etc.

I personally also HATE the Idea of Power loss or chaning in Powers and I hope that it was only a temporary Idea to bring the Super-Family together and the Idea gets NEVER mentioned again.

I LOVE the first pictures of IF Suicide Squad-because they remind me a lot of TT Conner.
    I personally LOVE!! the Idea of deleting the Lemire Run and the Young Justice Rebirth Run and CONNECTING IF Suicide Squad DIRECTLY to the end of Johns TT.

Actually this is INCREDIBLE PERFECT-because so Conner can have his own missions against powerful enemies, Jon can be the goody two shoes kid of the goody two shoes guy etc. while Conner can follow his own path and ISNT forced into the Superman Role.

I also LOVE the Idea that the dark look-with the black Shirt and Red S get expanded to a cool-dark suit and he also wears his hairs different to Clark and Jonathan-LONGER, maybe with a beard

In Terms of Look I like the Idea of Conner a really close look to GENERAL ZOD (Costume+Hairstyle+Beard) in the comics AND also his muscular body back which he had during the TT Years

Red Hood (Jason) is a bit to extreme as I dont want him to kill humans and I still want him to have relationships with other Characters and being a hero-But I really like the Idea of a powerful Superman, who goes more in the direction of Anti-Heroes than being the perfect goody-two shoes.

This is ACTUALLY perfect: So he gets his own role in the family, ISNT forced to become Superman, can establish his own character, so it doesnt look like he is the loser who didnt get the Superman Title.

AND!! many!! people find Superman boring, because he is to perfect-so it would be a great Chance to see a Superman with attitude.

Dragon Ball for example is the perfect example where I like Vegeta MUCH MUCH MUCH more than I like Son Goku.

Actually Vegeta is the one who I can see perfectly as prototype for Conner while Son Goku and Son Gohan might be the Clark and Jonathan.
    Maybe also Piccolo if we are talking about relationships to the younger generation.
    If what you want is a darker and threatening Superman than I think you should go with someone other than Conner. To me it feels tragic to push him in that direction. Maybe Nuclear Man could finally get a good rework and become that. His origin could have something to do with Earth nearly exploding like Krypton and him somehow getting those powers, and ever since then his source of energy being nuclear energy, so he is this unhinged Superman type that wants to save the world but also needs nuclear fallouts to maintain his powers. Let Conner be more down to earth

I have to say, it is extremely annoying having to read you constantly express how Conner needs to be this God-like character who should be facing cosmic threats 24/7. That's your opinion and that's great. But damn man, every single time that someone else happens to mention a version of the character that they like, you always have to write an essay rambling on about how Conner NEEDS to be this or NEEDS to be that, otherwise he's trash.
    Last edited by Smilingblade; 01-20-2021 at 11:20 AM.