Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I love that annual.

Yeah that was a great issue.

Fighting Prime brought about the one and only real time DC tried to explain Conners solar absorption, weird.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Conner had a big brother like dynamic with Geo-force during YJ season 3. GeoForce broke bad at the of the season, deciding to adopt harsher methods. It does set up an interesting dynamic going forward. It would be cool to see something like that happen in the comics.

It's a way to give him a Smallville lex luthor style villian without feeling like a rethread.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Conner had a big brother like dynamic with Geo-force during YJ season 3. GeoForce broke bad at the of the season, deciding to adopt harsher methods. It does set up an interesting dynamic going forward. It would be cool to see something like that happen in the comics.

It's a way to give him a Smallville lex luthor style villian without feeling like a rethread.

He could have had that easily with Simon valentine the Smallville boy genius who was alswys getting in trouble.

See if they grabbed the good parts of all his runs it would make one helluva cool new ongoing imo
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Today's FS suicide squad was a good issue Imo. Yes it was a mixed bag, little to fast doing certain things,but it got us to the ending, and the ending was Wallers plan coming to fruition. Conner was the hero I knew and love folks. Wallers whole plan was riding on Conner, and Kon has what he wanted, just in the worst way getting there possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Today's FS suicide squad was a good issue Imo. Yes it was a mixed bag, little to fast doing certain things,but it got us to the ending, and the ending was Wallers plan coming to fruition. Conner was the hero I knew and love folks. Wallers whole plan was riding on Conner, and Kon has what he wanted, just in the worst way getting there possible.
    Basically my thoughts as well. Pretty good ending to a “deal with the devil”, where Kon gets what he wants in a way he wished he hadn’t. I’m assuming that ongoing will go in a different direction so curious to see what that is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Basically my thoughts as well. Pretty good ending to a “deal with the devil”, where Kon gets what he wants in a way he wished he hadn’t. I’m assuming that ongoing will go in a different direction so curious to see what that is.

God I hope it doesnt end thst way, this was good as a possible future thst shouldn't happen, but not the actual future.

Kon will get to this place much sooner, than he did in this issue,and then with this under his belt he can move forward more able to have mature and different stories than what we got here.

The weird part was learning what Waller’s big plan is, which amounts to building a small army of powerful super people either hero or villain and then isolate the earth from the multiverse/omniverse. I guess that means that Waller has essentially become wary of crisis level threats.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The weird part was learning what Waller’s big plan is, which amounts to building a small army of powerful super people either hero or villain and then isolate the earth from the multiverse/omniverse. I guess that means that Waller has essentially become wary of crisis level threats.

Her intentions were good, in a insane kinda way, wonder how early the idea she had for Conner was?

Her intentions were good, in a insane kinda way, wonder how early the idea she had for Conner was?
    Honestly knowing Waller...probably a year or two before she catches him and have him join the Suicide Squad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly knowing Waller...probably a year or two before she catches him and have him join the Suicide Squad.

Soon as he was rescued from gem world she was on her radar. He was the SUPER thst didn't fit, in more ways than one, and perfect for her to try to manipulate.

Ultimate Member

He could have had that easily with Simon valentine the Smallville boy genius who was alswys getting in trouble.

See if they grabbed the good parts of all his runs it would make one helluva cool new ongoing imo
    I did kinda want to see more with the supporting cast he's picked up over the years, including Simon Valentine, Dubbilex and even perhaps one of the Ravers. He's got such an eclectic mix of people around him from his various short-lived solo runs, and they're all kind of segregated off into their own lanes. It would be funky to cross the streams a little and have some of his Hawaii people meet his Smallville people meet his Cadmus people, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I did kinda want to see more with the supporting cast he's picked up over the years, including Simon Valentine, Dubbilex and even perhaps one of the Ravers. He's got such an eclectic mix of people around him from his various short-lived solo runs, and they're all kind of segregated off into their own lanes. It would be funky to cross the streams a little and have some of his Hawaii people meet his Smallville people meet his Cadmus people, etc.

Exaclty, this is what I have wanted for forever now. His supporting cast would be amazing

Still would have liked more kon vs lor just to see how they measured up against us, instead of just hit while distracted, assault, then taken down by someone else

Still would have liked more kon vs lor just to see how they measured up against us, instead of just hit while distracted, assault, then taken down by someone else
    Drawback of only two issues: Everything is compressed. Wonder if the Zods will play a role in the SS ongoing in the present?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Drawback of only two issues: Everything is compressed. Wonder if the Zods will play a role in the SS ongoing in the present?
    I mean it’s entirely possible, I get the feeling from these two issues and the solicitations that Waller has moved away from sending a group of villains to handle terrorists but instead build herself up a power base/go big or go home. I mean the first few issues have her taking a Talon from Arkham Asylum and invading the Teen Titans school and at some point they are going to get a Parademon, a black lantern ring, and probably something to do with the new Earth-3.
    Words to live by.