Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hated the tattoo, but recently I’ve started to come around to liking it. I think the big realization about it that’s changing my opinion is that it’s something neither Clark nor Lex would ever get, so that makes it something uniquely Kon’s. Something that shows he’s his own person not just a combo of traits from those two.
    I agree. I find myself looking at New 52 Kon with a different perspective. He's unique. He wasn't simply a hodge podge of Clark and Lex and would do things neither would. I hated the character at first since He was so different. Looking back, that could have been a strength. He was cerebral, yet empathetic. His powers were uniquely his. More powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet but through the power of his mind. Like Clark and Lex but possessing something all his own. What really hurt him was that origin. Anything involving alternate future timeline where you have to introduce a new character to explain the main character is a hard sell. Keep Cadmus and dispose of Harvest. Eve Watson from the Titan's show reminds me of Red/Caitlin (scientist with red hair) and I have to wonder if that was an attempt to add aspects of the N52 Kon like the epigenetic memory, bar code and accidentally robbing someone. I did like mystery of the third donor and that it was female before the wtf reveal. That was under the assumption we were still dealing with the Lex and Clark combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    After reading Suicide Squad again I'm wondering if Conner is on the Suicide Squad as a spy for Superman and the League or the Titans.

We know Conner's afraid of what Waller will do if he isnt there, but I'm wondering if he's reporting back to the hero community
    That would make sense. I had that thought when he turned his comm off and was surprised Waller could still hear what Brainiac said. I doubt Superman or the Titans would allow him to placed in harms way like that. I wonder if he removed the bomb already.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Big Question: Does Conner's next moniquer need to have an S since he wears the S Shield?
    Not really but I would prefer it to have an S.

It'd be funny during the Lor-Zod and Kon fight that both use ttk as their ace in the hole surprising each other lol

I hated the tattoo, but recently I’ve started to come around to liking it. I think the big realization about it that’s changing my opinion is that it’s something neither Clark nor Lex would ever get, so that makes it something uniquely Kon’s. Something that shows he’s his own person not just a combo of traits from those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I agree. I find myself looking at New 52 Kon with a different perspective. He's unique. He wasn't simply a hodge podge of Clark and Lex and would do things neither would. I hated the character at first since He was so different. Looking back, that could have been a strength. He was cerebral, yet empathetic. His powers were uniquely his. More powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet but through the power of his mind. Like Clark and Lex but possessing something all his own. What really hurt him was that origin. Anything involving alternate future timeline where you have to introduce a new character to explain the main character is a hard sell. Keep Cadmus and dispose of Harvest. Eve Watson from the Titan's show reminds me of Red/Caitlin (scientist with red hair) and I have to wonder if that was an attempt to add aspects of the N52 Kon like the epigenetic memory, bar code and accidentally robbing someone. I did like mystery of the third donor and that it was female before the wtf reveal. That was under the assumption we were still dealing with the Lex and Clark combo.
    I think if New 52 kon was shown to be a alternate reality kon from the start we fans of the other past versions of him would have gave him mktr a chance and might have been OK with him.

The tattoo is done well on Titans, and the hybrid like memory also, those things I would like brought over to the comics.

Anyone notice the Titans Conners powers are set up just like the Smallville superpowers, being able to do everything superman can do, but fly,yoy see in the season 11 comic what thst led too.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

That would make sense. I had that thought when he turned his comm off and was surprised Waller could still hear what Brainiac said. I doubt Superman or the Titans would allow him to placed in harms way like that. I wonder if he removed the bomb already.
    Again, why do you guys think it's up to superman or the Titans to give "permission" for Conner to join the SS? He is a young adult and can make his own decisions
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Not really but I would prefer it to have an S.

S names are almost mandatory for the family, and we have a lot of great names on the other page to pick from (looking at DC).

It'd be funny during the Lor-Zod and Kon fight that both use ttk as their ace in the hole surprising each other lol

I mean it would be a fun scene, but I HATE that DC gave lor TTK, it's such a kick in the face to kon. He not only took his spot, he took his power, but they made sure it was full TK, not just tactile, why can't Kon have his own shit ppl, let the guy be unique from. Everyone else in the DCU.

There are 2 names I feel might work for Conner:

AllStar
    &
    SuperChamp

I really like the word "Champ" but it needs something behind it. Super probably isn't the best solution, but it's the only one I can think of. I both like the symbolic connection of AllStar and the strength of it, but it might not sound like a name, I don't know. I figure StarChamp might be a way to fuse the 2, but it doesn't sound good nor look good.

There are 2 names I feel might work for Conner:

AllStar
    &
    SuperChamp

I really like the word "Champ" but it needs something behind it. Super probably isn't the best solution, but it's the only one I can think of. I both like the symbolic connection of AllStar and the strength of it, but it might not sound like a name, I don't know. I figure StarChamp might be a way to fuse the 2, but it doesn't sound good nor look good.

You do knkw he is way over the media darling phase right? Even in bendis YJ book he wore a punk version of his 1st suit but didn't act like he did in the past. Before thst we had Geoff and Lemire runs making him older and more chill, less loud and proud cool guy.

So why would he use names thst are nowhere near close to where he is in his life?

He needs more mature, adult type hero names, Sentinel, shepherd for instance can be used by the YJ show, Titans show, or suicide squad Conner and sound right

Aren't you the one that wants him to have his leather jacket back? I'm trying to think of a name that fits with an older Jon, one who looks like Kent Shakespeare

Something that sounds sensible and strong, but also personable. Shepperd just doesn't fit any of Conner's personalities. It's sounds far to polished. Sentinel sounds both too official and not really like a person.
    "Steel" for example really fits with John Henry Irons becauss it doesn't sound like a human being, and he looks like a robot, so it works

Superman has almost become a normal name at this point. Conner needs a name with the same quality and that goes well when standing alongside him:

"Superman and Shepperd" Nah, doesn't look good
    "Superman and Sentinel" doesn't sound like he is hanging out with Conner
    "Superman and AllStar" It sounds like two people. Maybe it's not where Conner is at anymore, that's debatable, but it sounds good together to me.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-28-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Still say Scion is the best name. That or Supernova

Aren't you the one that wants him to have his leather jacket back? I'm trying to think of a name that fits with an older Jon, one who looks like Kent Shakespeare

Something that sounds sensible and strong, but also personable. Shepperd just doesn't fit any of Conner's personalities. It's sounds far to polished. Sentinel sounds both too official and not really like a person.
    "Steel" for example really fits with John Henry Irons becauss it doesn't sound like a human being, and he looks like a robot, so it works

Superman has almost become a normal name at this point. Conner needs a name with the same quality and that goes well when standing alongside him:

"Superman and Shepperd" Nah, doesn't look good
    "Superman and Sentinel" doesn't sound like he is hanging out with Conner
    "Superman and AllStar" It sounds like two people. Maybe it's not where Conner is at anymore, that's debatable, but it sounds good together to me.

Having the leather jacket back doesn't mean I want him to be thst young, media crazy, impulsive kid back, I want him to be 18 to 21, and be pretty much supermans size give or take a few inches and pounds. I want him to pull from all his versions, but I don't want him to be exactly like any of them, cause thst wouldn't be the "complete" kon to me.

If it wasn't for Geoff changing him so much and thst changed Conner being the prevelant version most know of him Allstar would fit, but he has been changed drastically and is not gonna fit that name (even though I like it).

Still say Scion is the best name. That or Supernova

Scion and Synergy are my 2,bjt Sentinel is my backup less flashy name. Scion and Synergy plays into his hybrid origin and powerset so well, I don't see why ppl wouldn't like it if they have been a kon fan for a long time.

-Scion
    Synergy
    Supernova
    Sentinel
    Shepherd
    Savior
    Superstar
    Safeguard
    Red Son
    Allstar

This is "my" list so far
    Last edited by SuperX; 01-28-2021 at 01:37 PM.