Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it would be interesting if Conner decided to mess with Lex by suing him for child support/inheritance. That he comes out as an illegitimate child of Lex to the public and that if he was dna tested he would be found to be similar to Lex....though I suppose Jimmy Olsen just did that didn’t he.

Also does that make Conner related to Jimmy Olsen?
    Yep, Kon is distantly related to Jimmy thanks to Fraction’s mini

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Oh and Imo this kon could easily be only half kryptonian power wise with TTK and TK powers.

Only time he ever gets hurt is when his focus isnt on the attack toward him, and when he does get hurt it really effects him.

YJ show powerset +TTK, but in a totally focus only way, and full TK, that is what I see in these comic panels, and that's the powerset he should have.

Infra red vision
    Superhearing
    Touch scan
    Feel sense
    =these should be his supersenses Imo.

Heat vision because he is still a solar battery, and if they want they can say his TK pushes the HV out, in case they don't want him to have it naturally.

Flight through TK
    YJ show enhanced speed + TK hyper acceleration =super speed
    Physically (YJ show) half as strong and durable, but can "amp" his strength and durability with his TTK, plus his TK can shield and blast

He can use his TTK to create a air pocket for him to breathe in when he wants to go in space or underwater
    He needs to sleep and eat like a human

His tactile telekinesis makes him able to manipulate anything he makes contact with (thru touch or feel), as in air, water, buildings, a opponent
    The level of strenght and Invulnerability is just RIDICULOUS.

This will make him more vulnerable than Clark, Jonathan and Kara.

TTK also never really reached the real Strenght of a Kryptonian.

Where are his advantages to Kara, Jonathan, Clark fighting against a Enemy who is as strong as Doomsday or?

I stay with Full Kryptonian Powers+TTK it just gets not better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't get why you want him to be the aggressive, menacing Superman. There are already plenty of characters that fill that role in different ways as either villains or antiheroes. Eradicator, Cyborg Superman, Bizarro, Zod, Nuclear Man, Lobo, Apollo from Wildstorm (who is now in the DC Universe)

I think Conner becoming this darker figure makes him worse off. I really think the Golden Age, people's crusade feels like a step up for him, becoming closer to people than any other super person.
    1. A lot of people DONT LIKE Clark because he is such a goody two shoes character
    So a darker Superman character would get a lot of attention and many people want to read it

2. Like Dragon Ball showed the kind of Anti-Heroes characters are MUCH more loved than the heroes, its just not anymore the time of the clean heroes like Clark is
    Vegeta for example is much more loved than Son Goku

3. He is the SON of Lex and like Amanda Waller said this should also be reflected in his personality etc.

4. Jonathan has now the role of next Superman so Conners Role must now be now redefined

5. What DC really really needs its a strong opposition AGAINST the JL.
    And this is absolutely Conner who can make them clear that he is absolutely on their level and they arent the biggest heroes, they were just the first on this earth and make them also clear that he will stop them if they step out of line.

6. Characters like Vegeta, Piccolo etc. are MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting and well defined than Superman etc.

7. He has lost his legacy etc. because of Barry Allen and other members of the JL and I can see him having the feeling of being betrayed etc.

The Johns TT Conner was very awesome, he showed that he can keep up with Superboy Prime, Gog etc.

What really really made him WORSE OFF is:

a) This stripping him of his complete legay (Superboy Prime etc.)
    b) This replacing him with Jonathan
    c) This submissive attitude in Rebirth
    d) His look in Rebirth

Once again, Black Adam and Eradicator are already darker versions of Superman. And why would Conner's personality resemble Lex? The only thing Conner might appreciate about Lex is his intelligence, certainly not his morals.

Mighty Member

Once again, Black Adam and Eradicator are already darker versions of Superman. And why would Conner's personality resemble Lex? The only thing Conner might appreciate about Lex is his intelligence, certainly not his morals.
    ONCE AGAIN:

1.) Black Adam is the villain version of Shazam and NOT SUPERMAN.

2.) Eradicator is a villain

3.) Like I said many people DONT like Superman, because he is a goody two shoes character...
    NEW52 Superman showed how a younger, cooler Superman could work and also Johns TT Conner went in such a direction.

4.) Lex is partially his father and its like Amanda Waller said "Lex did what he needed to win" and this is something which PERFECTLY work for Conner.
    This means also using methods like Yellow Lantern Ring, working with villains etc. to get the win.

I really LOVE this direction of a Superman who is analytical, tactical genius like Lex..

5.) Like I said Conner was stripped of his legacy etc. by the fault of Barry Allen and he can DEFINETELY blame the JL for that.

6.) Like I said such characters like Vegeta, Piccolo etc. are just much more interesting than such characters like Clark.

And this is EXACTLY the right way which combines Johns TT with Suicide Squad Conner and shows the RIGHT way for him.

Conner as still heroic Version of Superman, WITHOUT this cheesy cape, spandex etc.

A guy who has ALL the powers of Superman and with the tactical genius of Lex he shows that he can defeat ANY member of the JL if necessary.
    This would put him easily among the top and made out of him an even more respected character..

So with the combined traits and strengths of both his fathers he shows that he could be the best of the JL and he can also put the arrogant members of JL in their place if it needs to happen.

Then he is also different to Jonathan, Kara and Clark and that would also fit that Jonathan gets then the mantle of Superman, because Conner can simply say that he doesnt need it....

Thats what DC really needs-guys who show also the JL where their place is

Black Adam isn't really a straight up villain anymore. And it doesn't matter his origin, he functions the same way that Superman does but if he was way more agressive and transformational. And Eradicator is both an ally and a threat at times, but never the villain.

Even if I agree that Conner would for some reason come to appreciate Lex Luthor "doing what is needed to win", why would that include being "Darker"?

But I'm kinda tired of this argument with you anyway so I probably will head out. I just don't think your take on Conner is an evolution, it seems a lot more like a tragical path.

But I'm kinda tired of this argument with you anyway so I probably will head out. I just don't think your take on Conner is an evolution, it seems a lot more like a tragical path.
    It's like hitting your head against the wall trying to talk with @Masterff....

Masterff are you for real?

My post was about how I think the Titans of tomorrow superman was using the powerset I would want Conner to have, the ToT Conner that YOU love most, and then you say he wouldn't be powerful enough, really? He would be half as physically powerful, but make it up with TTK amping of those same physical powers, thst would EASILY get him to full kryptonian levels EASILY,bjt I went a step farther and gave him full TK, so he can block anything coming his way, and blasting anything that gets in his way, and you still think he isn't powerful enough, give me a break.

Thst powerset has elements of EVERY version of kon, all of them.
    Half physical power comes from the YJ show
    TTK comes from the original kesel and the new 52
    Full TK comes from sins of youth, titans of tomorrow and new 52
    Infra red vision and superhearing is from the YJ show
    Touch scan and feel sense is from the new 52
    Heat vision is from sins of youth, black zero, titans of tomorrow, rebirth
    Flight through TTK, thsts from Smallville season 11

I want to appreciate his past versions, and use them to build a better kon for tomorrow, and that powerset gets you there.
    Last edited by SuperX; 02-01-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

We don't need a "dark" Superman, we need a superman who can work with or in the darkness, and bring light to it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Masterff are you for real?

My post was about how I think the Titans of tomorrow superman was using the powerset I would want Conner to have, the ToT Conner that YOU love most, and then you say he wouldn't be powerful enough, really? He would be half as physically powerful, but make it up with TTK amping of those same physical powers, thst would EASILY get him to full kryptonian levels EASILY,bjt I went a step farther and gave him full TK, so he can block anything coming his way, and blasting anything that gets in his way, and you still think he isn't powerful enough, give me a break.

Thst powerset has elements of EVERY version of kon, all of them.
    Half physical power comes from the YJ show
    TTK comes from the original kesel and the new 52
    Full TK comes from sins of youth, titans of tomorrow and new 52
    Infra red vision and superhearing is from the YJ show
    Touch scan and feel sense is from the new 52
    Heat vision is from sins of youth, black zero, titans of tomorrow, rebirth
    Flight through TTK, thsts from Smallville season 11

I want to appreciate his past versions, and use them to build a better kon for tomorrow, and that powerset gets you there.
    My problems are the following:

Its ok to make him different, BUT he SHOULDNT!! have disadvantages for being different.

You pointed out many things which give him HUGE DISADVANTAGES compared with Clark, Jon and Kara:

1. INVULNERABILITY
    You said without TTK he is half as invulnerable like the YJ Version.
    This means that he would be hurt by anyone who attacks him from behind-like the NEW52 Superboy who was hurt by an attack by a normal person who hit him with a steelpipe etc. It also would make him incredible vulnerable when he is knocked out etc.
    Here NORMAL KRYPTONIAN INVULNERABILITY is simply better

2. STRENGTH
    a) TTK strenght was limited, because TTK only Superboy couldnt keep up with Superman
    b) TTK strenght was limited-in the Comic "Reign of Supermen" Superboy was chained by Cyborg Superman and Cyborg Superman used special chains which Superboy couldnt attack with his TTK Super-Strenght because of the material having a special field around which shields from TTK strenght
    c) NEW52 showed that some characters like Warblade are completely immune to TTK and TK
    d) I personally also DONT like TTK strenght and prefer natural strenght

3. BREATHING, EATING
    NEW52 Superboy for example DIDNT have to eat, sleep or breath-he was completely self-sustaining.

My problem is that you take the FLAWS and DISADVANTAGES from any version of Superboy and carry them over there. You dont take over their strengths, but their weaknesses. Look at the NEW52 Superboy vs Warblade Fight and you see how this little natural strenght and little invulnerability without TTK works in a real fight.

If you want to make use all Versions of Conner make it this way:

-Kryptonian Invulnerability+Basic strenght level (from YJ Show)
    -Superhearing and X-Ray Vision from Johns TT
    -Self-Sustenance, Full TK and Intelligence from NEW52
    -TTK from Kessel+TTK from Titans of Tomorrow Superman
    -Body and Face from Johns TT Conner
    -Fly trough TTK and creating TTK Shields (Smallville)
    -having TTK independent from Sun (NEW52 Superboy, Kessel Superboy)
    -Heat Vision (by Black Zero)

So, this is a Superboy who also has a power-set from ANY Version of the Superboys, BUT he has their strenghts.

He has many advantages over Superman:
    -He doesnt need to sleep, drink, eat, breath (NEW52 Superboy didnt need that)
    -TTK works indenpendent from yellow sun (NEW52 Superboy and Kessel Superboy)
    -TK can shield him from magic like ToT Superman
    -TTK allows him to a more creative use for his Superpowers
    -TTK also allows Superboy to interact with machines and computers (NEW52 Superboy)

Mighty Member

Black Adam isn't really a straight up villain anymore. And it doesn't matter his origin, he functions the same way that Superman does but if he was way more agressive and transformational. And Eradicator is both an ally and a threat at times, but never the villain.

Even if I agree that Conner would for some reason come to appreciate Lex Luthor "doing what is needed to win", why would that include being "Darker"?

Darker was to much, but I imagine him being rougher, cooler etc. its like
    NEW52 Superman
    Vegeta
    in some ways also Nightwing
    so in this way, I liked their attitude and behaviour

Darker was to much, but I like that he gets more attitude and also has some of Lex characteristics like "doing whatever it needs to win" even relying on such things like yellow lantern ring etc.

NEW52 Superman and Vegeta are good examples how I imagine Conners attitude and also sometimes Lex attitude speaking of tactics etc.

Maybe darker was to much, but I like the Idea of Conner with attitude, respected by all members of the Superhero groups, in some sense like Nightwing.
    But I like the Idea that Conner is even more an opposition than Nightwing, so Conner is the one who speaks more clearly, makes it clear that he is not the minion of the JL etc.

I like that he is a hero, but isnt afraid to also argue with the JL member and is like Nightwing is to Bruce..

Black Zero for example was a kind of interesting take on Conner for this or also ToT Conner (if you leave out that he is a villain)

What was more annoying for me is the attitude which the JL showed towards the Titans or YJ and how Conner was displayed in Rebirth (crying etc.)
    I liked more the Johns TT Version and ToT Superman who were more the Superman with attitude.

We don't need a "dark" Superman, we need a superman who can work with or in the darkness, and bring light to it
    Whats the consensus on FS Kon? I'm kinda scared to read it to be honest.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Whats the consensus on FS Kon? I'm kinda scared to read it to be honest.
    I like him! He seems to be a good dude in a bad position, he’s basically the “Ric Flagg” the one sane member whose job is to execute Waller’s orders and keep the psychos in line. He cares about his fellow members well being and clearly doesn’t like Waller.

Yeah he comes off as someone who basically is doing what Waller says because letting her go with her alternative lineup would be much, much worse for everyone. Basically a guy trying to be Superman when someone above him is yelling at him to be Luthor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

You know I was expecting something way worse like whats going on with Wally and his fans but yall gave me hope. That doesn't sound bad at all
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know I was expecting something way worse like whats going on with Wally and his fans but yall gave me hope. That doesn't sound bad at all
    Oh God no, nowhere near as awful as that (at least so far). We’ll see what the next issue of FS SS is like, and what the situation will be in March, but so far it hasn’t been anywhere near as disrespectful. I mean I’ve outright enjoyed it so far while the Flash book was total garbage.