Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    If we're talking powers, I'm surprised that Conner's intelligence isn't more widely recognised/utilised. I mean, one dad is the smartest man in the world, the other has a super computer brain... he should be a casual Einstein on steroids.

True, thsts how he should be portrayed, but superman has been played as the dopey farmer boy over the years, for different reasons, and I don't see them doing kon right by his intelligence either.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    If we're talking powers, I'm surprised that Conner's intelligence isn't more widely recognised/utilised. I mean, one dad is the smartest man in the world, the other has a super computer brain... he should be a casual Einstein on steroids.
    Connor by nature should be a natural genius with a vastly superior intelligence at the highest leavel since he is the son of Lex Luthor (the smartest man on Earth and all the family members are profoundly gifted) and Clark who is the son of Jor-El (the smartest man in Krypton) but nurture he should still be a genius with an exceptional level of intellect because with him staying with his grandparents, his time as a superhero celebrity, etc.

SUICIDE SQUAD #3

Written by ROBBIE THOMPSON

Art and cover by EDUARDO PANSICA

Card stock variant cover by GERALD PAREL

A crossover with Teen Titans Academy! Task Force X finds a new target, and it leads the clandestine team right to Teen Titans Academy. The devious and driven Amanda Waller continues her quest to form a more powerful Squad, and next on her list: the Titans' new speedster, Bolt. But when the mysterious Red X gets in the way, he becomes Waller's next target.

32 pages, $3.99 (cardstock, $4.99), available on May 4.

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #3

Written by TIM SHERIDAN

Art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL

Card stock variant cover by PHILIP TAN ON SALE 5/25/21

A crossover with Suicide Squad! Hunted by the deadly Task Force X, the new students of Titans Academy will have to grow up fast or risk losing one of their own even faster. Why has the Squad put a target on new speedster Bolt's back? And why, in its charge on Titans Island, is Amanda Waller's team of villains being led by the mysterious Red X?!

32 pages, $3.99 (cardstock, $4.99), available on May 25.

SUICIDESQUAD-Cv3.jpg
    TT-ACADEMY-Cv3-var.jpg

Another round of proposals for monikers Conner could have. I still like the name Allstar

Upside
    SubQuake/ SuperQuake
    Sigma
    Slumber
    Summit
    Supernaut
    Sundown
    SquareBack (i was trying to go for something like Quarterback)

I'm really liking the vibe of Upside. It feels sort of 90s though not in the edgy way. It's kind of wholesome and a reference to "Up, Up and Away" although it could also be referring to being upside down, as in him being a provocateur pushing for change.

It conjures positivity all around in a way that could be specific of Conner. I'm just worried that it might not actually sound like a name for an individual. But it feels like a name that could be the leader of a team, and could be a good title for his solo book.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-12-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Although I feel like Sundown also sounds super nice, even if it has less meaning.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-12-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Connor by nature should be a natural genius with a vastly superior intelligence at the highest leavel since he is the son of Lex Luthor (the smartest man on Earth and all the family members are profoundly gifted) and Clark who is the son of Jor-El (the smartest man in Krypton) but nurture he should still be a genius with an exceptional level of intellect because with him staying with his grandparents, his time as a superhero celebrity, etc.

The new 52 was a very intelligent guy,his powers worked hand and hand with his intelligence Imo. The only things holding him back would be thst he was brand new and not knowing things others have learned by experience over years and the old comic cliche of making a intelligent character seem less intelligent for 1 reason or another.

He should definitely get thst back in the future, just like having TTK/TK powers(physical manifestations if it and sensory
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    SUICIDE SQUAD #3

A crossover with Teen Titans Academy! Task Force X finds a new target, and it leads the clandestine team right to Teen Titans Academy. The devious and driven Amanda Waller continues her quest to form a more powerful Squad, and next on her list: the Titans' new speedster, Bolt. But when the mysterious Red X gets in the way, he becomes Waller's next target.

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #3

Written by TIM SHERIDAN

A crossover with Suicide Squad! Hunted by the deadly Task Force X, the new students of Titans Academy will have to grow up fast or risk losing one of their own even faster. Why has the Squad put a target on new speedster Bolt's back? And why, in its charge on Titans Island, is Amanda Waller's team of villains being led by the mysterious Red X?!

SUICIDESQUAD-Cv3.jpg
    TT-ACADEMY-Cv3-var.jpg

Oh my God is this gonna be a fun read folks. Conner is leading a bunch of evil shits into a school of kids to kidnap a kid.

I bet this was a test Waller set up for Kon, to show thst he is commited to her team,thst he will go against his friends and still follow thru with the mission.

If he is gonna dress in the black and jeans again I would rather he wear the more militant garb of the YJ show(season 2 or 3),it would fit better with the story imo

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    SUICIDE SQUAD #3

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #3

Written by TIM SHERIDAN

SUICIDESQUAD-Cv3.jpg
    TT-ACADEMY-Cv3-var.jpg
    Ugh I hate that they’re crossing over already, should be six issues minimum before one happens. Well hopefully this will be good, but it really seems like hamstringing yourself out the gate. If it flops people will drop both books. Least Thompson has experience writing both teams so I hope he and Sheridan work well together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ugh I hate that they’re crossing over already, should be six issues minimum before one happens. Well hopefully this will be good, but it really seems like hamstringing yourself out the gate. If it flops people will drop both books. Least Thompson has experience writing both teams so I hope he and Sheridan work well together.

I'm surprised that its this early too,and I'm kinda shocked they are going after Bolt so soon.

This should crush Conner and his friends when he follows Wallers orders.

Can't wait to see Peacemaker and Kon get in each other's face

A young kon-els powers should look like a combination of these 2 halves imo

Kryptonian powers-
    Flying brick abilities(50% as powerful as a kryptonian)
    Superhearing
    Heat vision

TTK powers -
    Flying brick abilities (50% as powerful as a kryptonian)
    Tactile manipulation
    Tactile senses
    Tactile Telepathy

A older kon-els powers should be BOTH of those Powersets PLUS full TK and TK senses(micro vibrational sense)

Just my opinion

I'm wondering if this shows a lack of faith on DC's part in both books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if this shows a lack of faith on DC's part in both books.

I'f anything it's showing more, cause they are saying this is gonna be awesome, here read it now.

I mean Conner is leading a team of villains right into where he has always belonged

While I’m not a huge fan of it being in the third issue, I wasn’t a fan when JLD did the same for the Witching Hour, but I also see it as them playing on the idea of Future State being played with in the present and unfortunately one of the ideas from Future State was Bolt of Teen Titans Academy joining the “Justice Squad”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    While I’m not a huge fan of it being in the third issue, I wasn’t a fan when JLD did the same for the Witching Hour, but I also see it as them playing on the idea of Future State being played with in the present and unfortunately one of the ideas from Future State was Bolt of Teen Titans Academy joining the “Justice Squad”

So the suicide squad book has three team names--suicide squad, task force x, and now justice squad.

Oh lord of they create the Justice Squad and confront the justice league thst means Clark and Conner duh duh DUH lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So the suicide squad book has three team names--suicide squad, task force x, and now justice squad.

Oh lord of they create the Justice Squad and confront the justice league thst means Clark and Conner duh duh DUH lol
    Well it was the name in the current Future State books, although I believe in the interview with Thompson he basically said that Waller's ultimate plan was to eventually build that Justice Squad that we see on Earth-3. That ultimately Waller wants to create a stronger task force X for whatever her end goal is. Which I suppose means she wants an equivalency to the Justice League and for some reason that puts Bolt in her sights.

Also no doubt in my mind that this will eventually lead to blows between Conner and Clark, maybe even Jon. You don't just as Superboy lead a team of villains and murders to attack a school to train superheroes, some of which has students and faulty very connected to the Justice League (Nightwing, Cyborg, Donna Troy, Shazam, and probably Jakeem Thunder). If Superboy is in this while it is interesting, expect him to make some enemies out of some old friends.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.