Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Yeah Peacemaker is just a psychotic a****** not really a genius tactical planner or whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I know this is comics and all. But i don't understand how PM can get a shot in. Kon may be a hybrid but he still has kryptonian genes in him lol. But then again this is comics and i should be quiet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol the “white” Bloodsport was, but the first Bloodsport, who was black was not racist. He’s got an interesting history with Kal which could be explored with Kon, they’re both creations of the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The OG Bloodsport(DuBois) is an 80s creation. The second one (Trent) is from the 90s. There is a third one, who we knows nothing about.

So another guy who tried to kill superman, now could interact with another SUPER, hmm maybe he will either try again with Kon or think twice about wanting to kill SUPER s when he sees how cool kon is.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Death Metal isn't responsible for that. Conner has always been the pre-Flashpoint version, since he came back in Young Justice. He just chose to wear a retro look when the team reformed. He was shown in the t-shirt look in a flashback. It would only take a few months for his shaved back and sides to grow out, so it's believable that he switched back to his other look. Conner, unlike most characters, had no New 52 continuity to merge with the pre-Flashpoint one, as New 52 Superboy was already erased in Superman Reborn. Makes me wonder about New 52 Teen Titans though, as they're using Bunker again, who debuted in that run.

Yeah he is "supposed" to be pre Flashpoint I guess, he is a Lil tweaked Imo, to be on the nose pre Flashpoint though.

Also new 52 superboy might have been dropped like a rock, but he had multiple things that should and could be still used.
    Genetic memory
    S barcode tattoo
    Intelligence
    Seen as actual threat or top tier
    TTK-vibration sense, touch scan, Invisibility, tactile TP, both TTK and full TK
    Etc etc
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No peacemaker is certainly not treated as Batman, they treat him as an overly aggressive jerk. He legit just takes a shot because he knows Conner is a bit weak.
    Yeah Peacemaker is just a psychotic a****** not really a genius tactical planner or whatever.
    Good, cause we don't need more "perfect" "invincible" regular ol humans able to punk practical gods.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I know this is comics and all. But i don't understand how PM can get a shot in. Kon may be a hybrid but he still has kryptonian genes in him lol. But then again this is comics and i should be quiet lol.

He was full of kryptonite, and the shot saved him, but he was still very weak from it. So PM got a shot in, cause thst was the only time he could.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    He was full of kryptonite, and the shot saved him, but he was still very weak from it. So PM got a shot in, cause thst was the only time he could.
    I'm liking the run so far. But i hope Kon doesn't become a punching bag so he can prop up others. The punch doesn't bother me too too much but i hope it's not an ongoing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I'm liking the run so far. But i hope Kon doesn't become a punching bag so he can prop up others. The punch doesn't bother me too too much but i hope it's not an ongoing thing.
    Oh that is my worry too, kinda like how the YJ TV show has him always taking the hits.hopefully what we get is kon showing a teen kryptonian is a tough powerhouse, and God willing we actually get some TTK thrown in, it's been way way to long not seeing HIS power being used.

Kryptonian/TTK powerset as a teen should be shown like the convergence Superboys was shown, and a adult powerset should look like titans of tomorrow powerset, but with new 52 TK abilities

So I had a conversation with another comic fan I know and he asked me a question that gave me pause. Given the set up do you guys think the intent here is to turn Kon into the Jason Todd equivalent of the Batfamily? They’ve sort of toyed with that position for both Kon and Kara, but hearing someone ask me that does make me wonder. Kon isn’t a villain or even really a bad guy in FS, but Waller attempting to mold Kon into a Superman that suits her does make me see parallels with Talia using Jason to suit her own needs.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I had a conversation with another comic fan I know and he asked me a question that gave me pause. Given the set up do you guys think the intent here is to turn Kon into the Jason Todd equivalent of the Batfamily? They’ve sort of toyed with that position for both Kon and Kara, but hearing someone ask me that does make me wonder. Kon isn’t a villain or even really a bad guy in FS, but Waller attempting to mold Kon into a Superman that suits her does make me see parallels with Talia using Jason to suit her own needs.

Fans of kon have been wondering about that for a very long time, so yeah its a real worry.

Kon is perfectly set up as a Jason Todd type SUPER, the lex DNA, the black colors, the attitude, the connections to "bad guys", it's very possible.

I personally think he would make a great Jason Todd type character, he sees the gray thst superman doesn't, and he could do things superman wouldn't even think of as a option. No not bad bad stuff, like absolutely NO killing, no torture, but I can see him put the heat on someone for answers, or thinking of a slick way out of a situation.

Remember he is a SUPER, he will never and should never go as far as any BAT character, but he can go as far as a SUPER would ever go.

I can see it. It makes sense off of the strength that he has Luthor's DNA. But however I don't really see Kon crossing any lines. I don't see him being one day away from being Lex.

I could see it but I don't know if they go that far and make him a villian.

Red hood goes from villian to antihero. I imagine Conner going into more antihero territory with them teasing his potential turn to villiany. But they probably won't commit to it.

A similar example would be Doctor Who. In the Modern Era, Doctors 9-12 are antiheroes that have dipped in darker waters but never went all the way.

Kon would go from "like Clark" to "like Tim", I don't EVER see him going darker than thst

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-cassandr...erboy-romance/

Come on DC..... Get it right this time......

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see it but I don't know if they go that far and make him a villian.

Red hood goes from villian to antihero. I imagine Conner going into more antihero territory with them teasing his potential turn to villiany. But they probably won't commit to it.

A similar example would be Doctor Who. In the Modern Era, Doctors 9-12 are antiheroes that have dipped in darker waters but never went all the way.
    By “Jason Todd” I mean the “lethal force-using black sheep of the family” anti-hero. I’m not sure if that’s the intention but the Luthor connection does potentially offer a reason for such a change in attitude, even if I personally hate the “genetics make you evil” cliche. I suppose it depends on how things play out here, since there’s not really any chance of Kon ending up the Superman of E-3 like FS did since that was a an alternate future. I do want to know why Thompson chose Kon for his Squad though was it just because they had history back in the 90s?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-cassandr...erboy-romance/

Come on DC..... Get it right this time......
    Lmao I remember this. Bruce showing up on Clark’s doorstep and basically telling him to keep Kon away from his daughter was hilarious since Clark basically went: