Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Looks like it will be Ultraman (2021 version) vs Conner this July.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yep, Kon meeting Ultraman and Bloodsport in the same issue (Suicide Squad #5) definitely is peaking my interest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I think I would keep his origin intact. I'm fine with it. I'd have his series take place in Hawaii. First of all Hawaii is beautiful (I've been there twice) and would be a breath of fresh air from cities like Gotham and Metropolis. I think I'd also have Kon in tune with Hawaiian culture as well, but not appropriate it. So with that being said he would his jeans (or shorts?) and t-shirt look. (don't hate me 90s fans lol)

Powerset? His TK abilities would be his bread and better. As a matter of fact. TK would enhance his kryptonian abilities. And with the intelligence of Luthor, he'll be able to use his powers in the most creative ways.

I would bring back The Ravers as part of his supporting cast. Along with Dubbilex, Wolf (from YJ) and Crush. Kon and Knockout will have more of a big sister/little brother dynamic.

The series would have over the top superhero action mixed some offbeat humor.

Now let's talk about villains, shall we? I would re-establish King Shark as a Superboy villain and Match would be his Bizarro. I love when heroes have a "thematic rogues gallery" Batman has his street level foes, Firestorm's rogues are in tune with elements/energy, most of Aquaman villains are aquatic-based. So with Kon I'd have his rogues gallery filled with clones and other genetic/biological abominations. Some might think that clones are redundant but I feel like there are different ways you can do them. Splicing kryptonian DNA with Parasite's DNA could be a problem.

Now that i think about it. A Superboy book could lean heavily into Biopunk territory.

Man Hawaii was such a good idea back then, I enjoyed the different scenery, and his TTK waa used so well in that environment.

Oh the 90s look was awesome to me, but I wouldnt mind a change for him, more real clothes, either combat or casual, ASLONG as he has the jacket and fingerless gloves.

When he is young, and he is still young, he should have to use a mix of TK and kryptonian powers to kick much ass. Good remembering that having lexs DNA could lead to inventive ways to mix and use his powers.

BTW I want him to have genetic memory, new 52 had it, and Titans show superboy had it. What a great extra layer to his donor issues.

I bought every issue as it came out of the Raver book, and yeah it wasn't thst good, but the CONCEPT was pure gold, and I would love for it to be back in kons life.

Dubbliex is A1 supporting cast to me, miss that guy.
    Wolf was such a great replacement for krypto for Kon
    Knockout is a character that can only be used until she snaps and does something bad, and Kon won't put up with that, and he has the power to stop her.

Funny you like Crush as a support character, but I really like that idea. Both have sketchy "donors", both have attitude, but both have potential for grea things.

The 90s series was high on the fun, and I know after that most or all versions of him are the complete opposite, but kon really thrives laying it on thick.

King shark could have been a Cadmus experiment, and one kon has to bring back.

Match was better as a non bizzaro, a albino "perfect" version of kon.

Your idea of a rogues gallery leaning into the lab created kind is genius, make it so #1
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Looks like it will be Ultraman (2021 version) vs Conner this July.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, Kon meeting Ultraman and Bloodsport in the same issue (Suicide Squad #5) definitely is peaking my interest.

Please don't make Ultraman punk kon
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I hope stalemate at least but I have a feeling Kon will get wrecked since some problem with Kon will be revealed at #6

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I hope stalemate at least but I have a feeling Kon will get wrecked since some problem with Kon will be revealed at #6
    Wait when did we hear anything about issue 6?

Also yes, I would hope after years of fighting a few evil super people that he can handle Ultraman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Where you hear that, did i miss something?

Also yes, I would hope after years of fighting a few evil super people that he can handle Ultraman.
    Ultraman is superman level, kon is not there yet,and DC won't let him use any TK powers since he has been back, so I am assuming he is gonna get plunked from Ultraman

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Ultraman is superman level, kon is not there yet,and DC won't let him use any TK powers since he has been back, so I am assuming he is gonna get plunked from Ultraman
    Wait he’s not? I assumed give how he’s drawn all big and he’s flying around using his powers and stuff that he’s pretty much Superman unless someone’s is either kryptonite, magic, or is someone on his power level.
    Words to live by.

Wait he’s not? I assumed give how he’s drawn all big and he’s flying around using his powers and stuff that he’s pretty much Superman unless someone’s is either kryptonite, magic, or is someone on his power level.
    Kon’s powers are in flux, that’s part of how/why he’s on the Squad. Bendis said over in his Action run that Kon may end up losing his powers because of his clone heritage. Dealing with that plot point is doubtlessly going to be part of his arc during his time on the Suicide Squad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Article with an interview from the writer of the book earlier this month: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/sui...mental-health/

MFR: Can you talk about where Superboy is emotionally and where you want to take him with your run on Suicide Squad?

THOMPSON: Superboy is a hot mess! He has no idea why he’s been dragged onto the Squad, he has no interest in being a bad guy or doing bad things, and worse than all that, he has the sinking feeling that something is deeply wrong with him. He’s not sure if it’s mental, physical, or both. Whatever it is, it’s going to break him down. That mystery of what’s wrong with him is something we’re going to unpack slowly, and will take a big turn in Issue 6. As I mentioned before, when we first started talking about Future State and then in success the on-going series, Superboy’s character arc was a huge linchpin of where we wanted to go and I can’t wait for readers to see what’s really going on.

Kon’s powers are in flux, that’s part of how/why he’s on the Squad. Bendis said over in his Action run that Kon may end up losing his powers because of his clone heritage. Dealing with that plot point is doubtlessly going to be part of his arc during his time on the Suicide Squad.
    Oh yeah, I gotta be honest I legit forgot all about that.

Article with an interview from the writer of the book earlier this month: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/sui...mental-health/
    Thanks for the interview, very interesting to note that Thompson pretty much lets us know we will see the Future State Justice Squad.
    Words to live by.

Well there is a reason they call him super Boy still, and he is noticably shorter and smaller than superman

Yep, and I hope they fix how his powers work, as in (fan desire here) a mix of kryptonian and TK, not just the kryptonian that he has had since his return.

Damn can't believe I forgot about that interview, I read it, then forgot about it.

Hopefully he loses them then gets YJ show level kryptonian powers, then gets TTK, then moves forward with more powerful versions of both somewhere way in the future