Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/30/dc...ide-squad-3-2/

Suicide Squad #3 preview. Looks Conner and Peacemaker will be the main characters throughout the series along with Waller. Sounds pretty obvious but hey, I’m still surprised that Conner is being a prominent character while there’s still Jon.
    The thing that gets me is why is how Conner got here classified? You’d think it would be as simple as she caught him with kryptonite and forced him on the team but i guess there appears to be more then that going on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    They don’t confirm that, they just compare the mystery of who he is to Conner because he’s a mysterious Super Strong young man who could fly with no memories until a year ago. They assume someone’s science experiment, but acknowledge he could be entirely different from Conner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Great, another clone. He's lucky the real Superboy is happy with his beautiful girlfriend and adoring parents and dog that looks suspiciously like Krypto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt they’d introduce yet another Kryptonian hybrid when they already have both Conner and Jon running around, although I could see them recycling the New 52 Kon concept of a human weapon composed of multiple aliens DNA.

I'm cool with alternate reality twin to Jon,a kryptonian who was on the ship that has kryptonians on it, a meta with flying brick abilities and no relation at all.

You guys have any other ideas?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/30/dc...ide-squad-3-2/

Suicide Squad #3 preview. Looks Conner and Peacemaker will be the main characters throughout the series along with Waller. Sounds pretty obvious but hey, I’m still surprised that Conner is being a prominent character while there’s still Jon.

Everyone else on the team is expendable characters.

Well Im thankful that he is back at all, and am still hoping we get a kon that can bring his fanbase(s) together.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The thing that gets me is why is how Conner got here classified? You’d think it would be as simple as she caught him with kryptonite and forced him on the team but i guess there appears to be more then that going on.

Waller made it clear he will someday lead the team, so she picked him because she saw it in him to do just that. Having the DNA of the 2 greatest leaders on the planet is a pretty good reason to think he would be a good choice. Plus he is still not exactly from this reality, and would be more malleable to fit her needs.

Incredible Member

Another solid issue. Even when he’s not on the page, Conner’s presence is felt. Next best thing to a Superboy solo so far.

Another solid issue. Even when he’s not on the page, Conner’s presence is felt. Next best thing to a Superboy solo so far.

Totally agree. Between the amazing way the artist draws him, and the few, but very on point lines Conner has, it's really a good issue for him.

"#@!* around and find out, Tin Man."

Them bumping heads is one of the highlights of this series so far imo.

I’m just glad someone laid into peacemaker for last issue...even if it was Red X it was still nice to see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I read some people with a theory Conner in this comic is not the real Conner, that he is a clone of Conner! That's why nobody would be looking for him and that's why memory problems

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    "#@!* around and find out, Tin Man."

Them bumping heads is one of the highlights of this series so far imo.
    That got a laugh out of me. Glad to see Conner isn’t turning the other cheek, I hope he beats Peacemaker’s ass. Also was happy he told Bolt to run, he’s not being Walker’s slave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I read some people with a theory Conner in this comic is not the real Conner, that he is a clone of Conner! That's why nobody would be looking for him and that's why memory problems
    The Return of Match? It was definitely the real Conner in Future State, so I do think it’s him here, but there must be some external reason for why his powers are acting up. Plus they still haven’t told us how he ended up in Waller’s clutches in the first place, so I assume that’s going to be a key plot point down the line.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm glad Conner is sticking to his guns and I love this mystery concerning his well being. When he tried to tell Bolt to run, I thought he was sort of momentarily out of phase with this reality. Which would be in keeping about maybe something being wrong with him. Maybe he's from another earth. After a second reading I believe he was telling her to run at a hyper frequency. I'm just happy he's getting used and is the center of intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'm glad Conner is sticking to his guns and I love this mystery concerning his well being. When he tried to tell Bolt to run, I thought he was sort of momentarily out of phase with this reality. Which would be in keeping about maybe something being wrong with him. Maybe he's from another earth. After a second reading I believe he was telling her to run at a hyper frequency. I'm just happy he's getting used and is the center of intrigue.
    Yeah I just assumed that he learned to speed speak with Bart
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Yeah I just assumed that he learned to speed speak with Bart
    Yeah was def speed speak since Waller also took another look at Bolt's interaction with Conner and is wondering if he tipped her off.

I don't think there's a fake Conner or anything. Especially since Match and his history is canon now and hopefully DC management knows how much whole N52 Kon/Jon fiasco was hated.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 05-04-2021 at 02:29 PM.

I love that kon has all thst attitude, and showed it toward Peacemaker, thst ass deserved a asskicking, and not from X.

It's funny cause Conner spoke to Bolt in speed speak, BUT she "seemed" to not understand it, funny cause she is a speedster who "might" not get their unique personal way of communication. That could be another way she is different than other speedsters.

Ok so now about kon and all the mysteries around him.

We got Bendis saying he has a finite amount of time with his powers.
    And we have him telling his life story like he didn't live it, but learned it on Wikipedia.
    Waller said it is classified how they got kon, so it was not just a snatch and grab,but more, she has big plans for him, even telling nocturna thst she should listen to him because he will lead someday.

These are pretty huge mysteries, and they might all come from the same thing... Maybe.

I feel like sharing this YouTube channel I like “Casually Comics” who is taking today’s video to cover Conner in Suicide Squad.

Words to live by.