Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Where does Conner go from here,in all universes (comics,titans ,YJ)?

Does conner have a future in anything besides those 3?
    I’m still hoping Murderman gets offed in Injustice 3 and Kon becomes the new Superman there, but it’s a long shot given the franchise revolves around NRS hard on for Batman vs. Superman. Animation wise he could show up down the road in My Adventures With Superman or if a Superman game actually gets made he can show up in that.
    Attach the Bat,and all things will rise ,attest that's what DC thinks.

Do you see a future for tactile telekinesis? In or on anything,
    It needs to be used in outside media in order for the general public to see it as a key part of who he is. Sucks that non-comics media determines what is and isn’t important in the comics, but that’s the world we live in now. If Titans or Young Justice makes it a big part of his powerset, people will remember it and expect it to be a part of Kon.

And on that note:

These two are Kon’s highest profile LIs (hilariously despite he and M’gann never interacting in the E0 comics as far as I’m aware). Which of the two do you guys prefer?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m still hoping Murderman gets offed in Injustice 3 and Kon becomes the new Superman there, but it’s a long shot given the franchise revolves around NRS hard on for Batman vs. Superman. Animation wise he could show up down the road in My Adventures With Superman or if a Superman game actually gets made he can show up in that.

It needs to be used in outside media in order for the general public to see it as a key part of who he is. Sucks that non-comics media determines what is and isn’t important in the comics, but that’s the world we live in now. If Titans or Young Justice makes it a big part of his powerset, people will remember it and expect it to be a part of Kon.

And on that note:

These two are Kon’s highest profile LIs (hilariously despite he and M’gann never interacting in the E0 comics as far as I’m aware). Which of the two do you guys prefer?

I see no chance for the new cartoon or a new game imo.

Injustice, I think they will not give him the props,kinda superman jr him and also weaker superman to him.hopefully he just decides to do his own thing again.

Titans he has all the powers besides flight (same as smallville),the only chance there is if they do what they did in the smallville season 11 ,as in make TK his power and how he flies ,but also can do other things.

The YJ show is probably gonna give him a legion flight ring and add the super specs or his yellow shield he had ,but not give him TTK.ive already said though that his limited kryptonian powerset plus TTK would be the most optimal powerset for him going forward in any adaption.make it only touch,and on only when focused will make it not a over powering and limited power ,but also allow him to start reaching kryptonian levels of power.

Megan was on the teen titans same time that kon was(that was a great line up btw) ,but I like both so much ,I wouldn't mind either.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I too am hoping he gets a Legion flight ring in S4, glad to see I’m not the only one who thought of that possibility!

I like Megan in YJ and Cassie in the comics, so I’m happy with either. I wonder if he and Megan will have kids in the YJverse?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I too am hoping he gets a Legion flight ring in S4, glad to see I’m not the only one who thought of that possibility!

I like Megan in YJ and Cassie in the comics, so I’m happy with either. I wonder if he and Megan will have kids in the YJverse?

Definitely getting that ring for sure, can totally see him feeling more able to take over (even if it's for short times) for Clark with it.the yellow shield or super specs would help him immensely also imo.

A baby would be a nice step forward( and the YJ show loves to step forward).there kid would be a powerhouse ,but God knows what it would look like or what powers it would have.plus it would be younger than jon on the show and could be his superboy(or girl) to Jon's superman someday in the future
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The thought just occurred to me but I would love if YJ were to “end” with all the legacies taking on their mentor’s mantles, and then we got a Justice League cartoon starring them on the League. So a lineup of:
    Superman (Kon)
    Batman (Dick)
    Miss Martian (M’gann)
    Aquaman (Kaldur)
    Flash (Bart or Wally if Wally does end up returning)
    Wonder Woman (Cassie)
    And others like Zatanna and Rocket and the rest. Don’t know who would be the GL for a team like that though. Has Kyle shown up yet? Or you could use Jess.

The thought just occurred to me but I would love if YJ were to “end” with all the legacies taking on their mentor’s mantles, and then we got a Justice League cartoon starring them on the League. So a lineup of:
    Superman (Kon)
    Batman (Dick)
    Miss Martian (M’gann)
    Aquaman (Kaldur)
    Flash (Bart or Wally if Wally does end up returning)
    Wonder Woman (Cassie)
    And others like Zatanna and Rocket and the rest. Don’t know who would be the GL for a team like that though. Has Kyle shown up yet? Or you could use Jess.

I can see that If HBO wanted to invest more in the YJ universe.

They would use jess over kyle,cause of wanting more women on the team.

How the heck would Kon take over for clark being so underpowered at present?

And on that note:

Your definitely right about outside media's influence. Can't tell you how many people believe Kon can't fly lol. I love M'gann and Cassie and can go either way. Tom King was going to write Conner and M'gann as a couple on a planned new 52 book that never came to light. Again, shows the power of outside media.

And on that note:

Cassie and it's not even close.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I can see that If HBO wanted to invest more in the YJ universe.

They would use jess over kyle,cause of wanting more women on the team.

How the heck would Kon take over for clark being so underpowered at present?
    That’s an easy fix, if he ends up in the Legion’s future you can have him undergo 30th century medical procedure that unlocks his full powers like the Shields do, but without the setbacks. You can toss him into a blue sun and that supercharges his cells permanently to give him a full Kryptonian powerset. There’s plenty of hand waves, they just haven’t done it because a full powered Kon would be too strong for their plot lines so far. But if they’re bringing in Darkseid, or as I suspect from the name of S4 the Phantom Zone Kryptonians, fully powering him up would work fine for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Your definitely right about outside media's influence. Can't tell you how many people believe Kon can't fly lol. I love M'gann and Cassie and can go either way. Tom King was going to write Conner and M'gann as a couple on a planned new 52 book that never came to light. Again, shows the power of outside media.
    It’s the way things work now for good or ill. That’s why good adaptions are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post

That absolutely drives me crazy that it is more known that he can't fly then can fly ,when he has always been a flier.smallvile,YJ ,and Titans all have none flying conners,atleast smallville fixed their problem in the comic and made him awesome. The reign movie was the only place outside of comics where he flied ,and that is a comic niche movie.

Tactile telekinesis is his power,even more than the kryptonian powers are folks,give them to all his adaptions and move forward.

The new 52 kon was a great match for mgann,and cassie was a great match for the kon before him.

That’s an easy fix, if he ends up in the Legion’s future you can have him undergo 30th century medical procedure that unlocks his full powers like the Shields do, but without the setbacks. You can toss him into a blue sun and that supercharges his cells permanently to give him a full Kryptonian powerset. There’s plenty of hand waves, they just haven’t done it because a full powered Kon would be too strong for their plot lines so far. But if they’re bringing in Darkseid, or as I suspect from the name of S4 the Phantom Zone Kryptonians, fully powering him up would work fine for that.

It’s the way things work now for good or ill. That’s why good adaptions are essential.

I know its popular to have the basic kryptonian powerset be the powerset for everyone ,but jeez when a character already has a awesome powerset that is theirs and only theirs just waiting to be used ,why the heck not use it.

If the team goes up against darkseid or PZ kryptonians having kon be so weak they won't have a chance.

Take the YJ kon powerset and give him TTK,make it only touch,and only work when he concentrates and he and the team might have a chance .....to at least not be so embarrassingly beat

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Of the two it’s definitely Conner and Cassie

On the Cassie or M'ggan question, my choice is Tim.
    I know it sounds like a longshot, but Tim has recently been implied to be a date with a guy in Batman: Urban Legends, so it's at least less impossible than it ever has been.
    There's a real lack of prominent gay and bi male Super and Bat characters. Conner and Tim have had a loyal fan base since their 90s YJ days.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    On the Cassie or M'ggan question, my choice is Tim.
    I know it sounds like a longshot, but Tim has recently been implied to be a date with a guy in Batman: Urban Legends, so it's at least less impossible than it ever has been.
    There's a real lack of prominent gay and bi male Super and Bat characters. Conner and Tim have had a loyal fan base since their 90s YJ days.

They are not gay, next idea plz.

BANNED

I definitely feel that Conner suffers(though not to the same extent as Tim, never as badly as Tim) from the

“He’s Robin but not Robin”

Let me explain

He is Superman’s son...but not Superman’s son

He isn’t something you can pitch in an elevator, but his relationship with Luthor and the teen Titans is what is keeping the character afloat.

When he is adapted in other media...it’s always within the Luthor context or his relationship with the Titans

He has been flanderized to those two traits

Tim suffers worse than Conner because he lacks a gimmick in comparison, his entire gimmick is being the smartest member of the bat-family which isn’t flashy compared to the son of Superman and Lex Luthor and one of the members of the teen Titans.

That is why I feel Conner has it much better than Tim does...though he still suffers next to the blood son(Jon Kent)
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-09-2021 at 09:59 PM.