Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Remember to check out the Titans mini if you want Kon in a more traditional setting:

TITANS UNITED #2

Writer: CAVAN SCOTT
    Artists: JOSE LUIS and JONAS TRINDADE
    Cover: JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Variant Cover: KAEL NGU
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | 2 of 7 | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/12/21
    Guest-Starring Hawk and Dove!
    The Titans uncover a plot against them. Someone has been stealing their powers, but who? And what has it got to do with Superboy? Guest-starring Hawk and Dove.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Exactly! A place for them to shine on there own with a mission statement plus a perfect vehicle to further explore Earth 3.
    Trying to think of what Kon’s team would be. I think I’d go with
    Kon
    Cassie
    Tim
    Bart
    Jaime Reyes
    Tanya Spears
    M’gann
    Halo (based on the cartoon YJ take since as a Mother Box she could be the one who gets them there and teleports them around).
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-17-2021 at 12:42 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Seems to provide some validity to my theory that Conner clones seems to have an expiration date. I just didn't think they'd actually turn one into a Bizarro.

But then again, this wouldn't be the first time Morrison's Multiversity has made its way over to the main DCU. The Ray was first gay in Multiversity before they change him in the main DCU, and they cited Multiversity as the push behind it. And right now Morrison seemed to have left quite a few of the Superman related characters with their ideas or ideas in their mold.

Is the 5G inspired idea to make him the new Bizarro? Is that his "graduation"? There currently isn't one right now, and DC has been REEEEEEEEALY interested in finding a way to push and make Bizarro work.

If you guys actually think back far enough, the Bizarro idea was linked back to the "Kon-El" idea in the New 52 when Kara said clones always ended up going crazy. Then a little after that it was found out that H'el was actually originally supposed to be the new take on Bizarro. And we also have the Bizarro from Outlaws having such a character arc and push. And Rogol Zaar was ultimately made in the mold of Bizarro.

Is this yet another attempt, but this time using Conner? The idea being that Waller is holding the possibility of a cure over his head.

And in terms of names I'd be down with Agent B-0?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Considering that Conner in the SS August Annual shows up in his 90s gear. I’m guessing that Conner is being held hostage and they’ll keep reusing his DNA to keep cloning more Conner clones whenever they expire.

Astonishing Member

Guess Match is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Considering that Conner in the SS August Annual shows up in his 90s gear. I’m guessing that Conner is being held hostage and they’ll keep reusing his DNA to keep cloning more Conner clones whenever they expire.
    So then what would the idea be here? 90s lookin Conner takes over in SS? That doesn't seem to be the case since we see no sign of any version of Conner that isn't the short haired black T Conner. Last we saw 90s look Conner he was on the Kent farm with Krypto, but the Kents and the farm will be with Jon in Son of Kal-El, and Krypto is with Kara in Woman of Tomorrow. And PKJ says that the Superman line has no plans for Conner right now, so if the 90s look isn't in either the Super books or SS, then can't it be assumed that the T shirt Conner is the only Conner we'll be following?

I honestly keep going back to what Waller said in SS #1 "you're a clone. You don't have any rights", and the way Bendis left Conner at the end of his Action run where it was established that his powers would eventually turn off for good.

I'm sensing a pretty major retcon coming up regarding Conner, and I think we'll continue to follow this Bizarro-ed version of him in SS since that seems to be the only place we see the character in continuity.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So then what would the idea be here? 90s lookin Conner takes over in SS? That doesn't seem to be the case since we see no sign of any version of Conner that isn't the short haired black T Conner. Last we saw 90s look Conner he was on the Kent farm with Krypto, but the Kents and the farm will be with Jon in Son of Kal-El, and Krypto is with Kara in Woman of Tomorrow. And PKJ says that the Superman line has no plans for Conner right now, so if the 90s look isn't in either the Super books or SS, then can't it be assumed that the T shirt Conner is the only Conner we'll be following?

I honestly keep going back to what Waller said in SS #1 "you're a clone. You don't have any rights", and the way Bendis left Conner at the end of his Action run where it was established that his powers would eventually turn off for good.

I'm sensing a pretty major retcon coming up regarding Conner, and I think we'll continue to follow this Bizarro-ed version of him in SS since that seems to be the only place we see the character in continuity.
    We still don't know anything until the annual arrives. In Future State Waller mentions that he can be buried back with his jacket and shades if he was ever out of line. I get the feeling he's being dumped on Earth 3 while his clones "cover" for him on the main Earth. To have him become a Bizarro is only interesting if it's a temporary status. To push him off as just another bizarro as the new status quo is just pouring **** on his fans. I hate how it seems he's being pushed further away from the Super Family. Possibly losing his powers and family after being reunited with them. This is utter garbage.

We still don't know anything until the annual arrives. In Future State Waller mentions that he can be buried back with his jacket and shades if he was ever out of line. I get the feeling he's being dumped on Earth 3 while his clones "cover" for him on the main Earth. To have him become a Bizarro is only interesting if it's a temporary status. To push him off as just another bizarro as the new status quo is just pouring **** on his fans. I hate how it seems he's being pushed further away from the Super Family. Possibly losing his powers and family after being reunited with them. This is utter garbage.
    That would be an odd choice storytelling wise though, right? The apparent clone Conner in SS is the one that we've been following and theoretically forming a connection with in the book. And isn't Earth-3 a mini (6 issues, I think)? So then what book would the supposed original Conner use for his Earth-3 adventures? And how would a Bizarro be covering for him the OG Conner? I mean, technically all of them would identify the shades and jacket as a signifier of their youth since all the clones would remember themselves wearing it. It's not exclusive to the recent version.

They've been trying to distance Conner from the Superman family since the New 52 honestly. The character has now become more so associated with his found family teams (YJ and TT) than he has with Superman.

BANNED

Hey

So how would everyone react to a new name for Conner

Captain Metropolis

I am making a Superman family fan-fiction where Superman is a fully established hero and has 2 sons(Conner and Jon), one gender-fluid child(my OC, named codex), and a godson(a composite of Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod as Superman Secundus, a black son of Zod who became the second Superman and a senator on his way to the presidency)

Basically the family consists of

Superman(Kal-el/Clark Kent)

Superman Secundus(Val-Zod/Calvin Ellis)

Superboy(Van-El/Jon Kent)

Supergirl(Kara Zor-el)

Captain metropolis(Kon-el/Conner Kent)

Codex(Dox-el/Alex Kent)(a gender-fluid Coluan cyborg created by brainiac using mother-box technology)

They've been trying to distance Conner from the Superman family since the New 52 honestly. The character has now become more so associated with his found family teams (YJ and TT) than he has with Superman.
    Honestly, I strongly prefer him that way. Then again, I prefer Superman as found family (the cousinly relationship), too (my favorite era being Hawaii years by Kesel with Dubbilex and Roxy). I thought saying he and Superman had a father/son dynamic was a total retcon. Also, though, I also think it's not too good for young heroes to be tied too closely to their mentors (not that that is what Superman was to him, anyway) as they age. They need to branch out, be independent, and be allowed to be their own stars instead of satellites to another. Dick was so much stronger a character as a young adult back when he wasn't working Batman all time. The team-ups and events always put him subordinate, and he's never again been the real star of his own show as he was then. Barbara got retconned to protege (and made younger) and ended up doing Batman's intel work for him instead of operating fully independently. Some people want Donna or Cassie frequently appearing in WW's book as her supporting characters. But I want the young ones to grow into their own stars, and (in universe) become just as big a deal as those that came before them. They can't do that if they remain in a junior role in their interactions with those persons, and that's almost definitely how they are going to be written if they interact with them frequently.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-19-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Captain Metropolis
    Can't say that sounds like a name any Conner I've read or seen would agree to, but then again, this your your fan fic, so it's up to you.

But if we're talking names for in continuity Conner, then I think very few would actually apply. Most suggestions I've seen Conner himself would likely call corny or overly serious.

He's an tough nut to crack when it comes to names because Superboy or Superman are the only names that fit, and one of those names is becoming hard to justify while the other is not within his reach to have. My suggestion is usually a name based off a job rather than an actual super name. Like Agent Kr/Agent 13/Agent B-0 would be my choices because like Superboy, these are assigned names. But if it were up to Conner, I doubt he'd actually have a hero name. He'd probably Luke Cage it. But you can't do that with IPs unless they have someone else taking over the IP.

Captain Metropolis
    Can't say that sounds like a name any Conner I've read or seen would agree to, but then again, this your your fan fic, so it's up to you.
    I assumed it was a play on his early "Metroplis Kid" nickname.

I've tried to think of something, but I have no originality. I think the most important thing is that is kinda sounds cool. Impulse is a name that has to be explained (though better than "Speedy" I guess), but it sounds cool. Downside to a name that is a real word is that it's harder for tagging, searching, etc. And if he wants to copyright it (okay, so I don't see him doing that these days, except to protect it from vultures), it's a little more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That would be an odd choice storytelling wise though, right? The apparent clone Conner in SS is the one that we've been following and theoretically forming a connection with in the book. And isn't Earth-3 a mini (6 issues, I think)? So then what book would the supposed original Conner use for his Earth-3 adventures? And how would a Bizarro be covering for him the OG Conner? I mean, technically all of them would identify the shades and jacket as a signifier of their youth since all the clones would remember themselves wearing it. It's not exclusive to the recent version.

Not if you have a book that has two squads. One based in the main earth and the other on Earth 3 as a long term secret project. Even if the mini ends it perfectly sets up the world for other books to use. People are undoubtedly going to wonder about Conner's absence and having a clone helps with that. I don't think the general public will see the Bizarro clone since there missions are supposed to be covert. Besides the annual cover shows there are more than one. If one does degrade, they can be replaced with a newer version. Kind of like the Venture Brothers.

The New 52 distance was mainly the result of the missing history. The Kent's were already dead so there was no where else for him stay. Supergirl herself was distant during that time

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Hey

So how would everyone react to a new name for Conner

Captain Metropolis

I am making a Superman family fan-fiction where Superman is a fully established hero and has 2 sons(Conner and Jon), one gender-fluid child(my OC, named codex), and a godson(a composite of Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod as Superman Secundus, a black son of Zod who became the second Superman and a senator on his way to the presidency)

Basically the family consists of

Superman(Kal-el/Clark Kent)

Superman Secundus(Val-Zod/Calvin Ellis)

Superboy(Van-El/Jon Kent)

Supergirl(Kara Zor-el)

Captain metropolis(Kon-el/Conner Kent)

Codex(Dox-el/Alex Kent)(a gender-fluid Coluan cyborg created by brainiac using mother-box technology)
    It's your fanfic so if it sounds right to you, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Remember to check out the Titans mini if you want Kon in a more traditional setting:

Trying to think of what Kon’s team would be. I think I’d go with
    Kon
    Cassie
    Tim
    Bart
    Jaime Reyes
    Tanya Spears
    M’gann
    Halo (based on the cartoon YJ take since as a Mother Box she could be the one who gets them there and teleports them around).
    Perfect line up. I'd add Jackson but since he's becoming Aquaman, maybe the Earth 3 counterpart. Is Lorena Marquez

Not if you have a book that has two squads. One based in the main earth and the other on Earth 3 as a long term secret project. Even if the mini ends it perfectly sets up the world for other books to use. People are undoubtedly going to wonder about Conner's absence and having a clone helps with that. I don't think the general public will see the Bizarro clone since there missions are supposed to be covert. Besides the annual cover shows there are more than one. If one does degrade, they can be replaced with a newer version. Kind of like the Venture Brothers.

The New 52 distance was mainly the result of the missing history. The Kent's were already dead so there was no where else for him stay. Supergirl herself was distant during that time
    There was the idea of two squads, so that's true. I'm just not convinced we wouldn't follow the one with the Conner we've been seeing more. Waller seems as interested in that Conner as she was with the FS Conner. It's a strange set up no matter how you slice it.

Kind of wish they got really strange with it and pulled a Hickman's X-Men with Conner. Basically have it so he was boiled down to a consciousness that could be transferred to a new clone body one after the other. Each body having an expiration date to it. It would make more sense why he's on the SS, and it would be a fascinating exploration of his character. It also works as a modern day version of DC One Million's Superboy.