Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Cool. Can't wait for Suicide Squad Future State. Just too many questions.
    Not really cool-to less screentime, to little powerful etc.

Johns TT Conner was on a whole other Level who fought against Gog and Superboy Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Sorry if this is dumb, but I've noticed that people keep saying that Conner should have "Golden Age" Superman level powers... Can someone explain what those are for me? How does the Golden Age power level compare to the modern power level?
    Its better if they do with JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT..

For Conner NEW52 Superman Power Level would PERFECTLY work..

Real Problem is that they now DRAMATICALLY reduced all of Conners Powers and instead ridiciulously increased Jonathan Samuel Kent Power Levels..

Or we can see kon fight thru adversity (being lowered powered) and rising above it (becoming a very competent hero without those higher powers), to at some point getting his TTK back
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Or we can see kon fight thru adversity (being lowered powered) and rising above it (becoming a very competent hero without those higher powers), to at some point getting his TTK back
    I honestly really like how he's handled in Young Justice, where he is more "street-level." It shows that he doesn't need to be cosmic-level like the rest of the Super family.

Or have the super specs like in this cover
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I honestly really like how he's handled in Young Justice, where he is more "street-level." It shows that he doesn't need to be cosmic-level like the rest of the Super family.

I like it too, BUT I like thst of he needed to go all SUPER he can

DC needs to find the middle ground with kon, with his powers, his look,age, and personality

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not really cool-to less screentime, to little powerful etc.

Johns TT Conner was on a whole other Level who fought against Gog and Superboy Prime.

Its better if they do with JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT..

For Conner NEW52 Superman Power Level would PERFECTLY work..

Real Problem is that they now DRAMATICALLY reduced all of Conners Powers and instead ridiciulously increased Jonathan Samuel Kent Power Levels..

I don't want kon to be over powered at all, if you do thst he won't be used, or used as a villian. They don't even let Jon do that, and he is the golden child.

Mighty Member

Conner already had this storyline once and there is no need to repeat it.

They can do it with Jon who unlike Conner doesnt really have a role in the family.
    It would help to evolve his character..

I don't want kon to be over powered at all, if you do thst he won't be used, or used as a villian. They don't even let Jon do that, and he is the golden child.
    Actually both Conner and Jon are sons of Clark (from a biological point of view)
    In YJ Batman even wanted that Superman take the role as his father.

I also find it annoying: Conner worked for his status while Jon gets overpowered etc. and get all for free only because he is Clarks son, but Conner deserves the position MUCH MORE than Jon.

AND from a character point of view Conner is the MUCH MUCH more interesting character, because he has more attitude, more charisma etc. and really has ANOTHER Personality, while Jon is really more a younger Version of Clark.

Actually the YJ Conner stands for ALL the things which I INCREDIBLY HATE about Conner.

Not letting him being able to age up, Wrong Girlfriend/Wife, low powers and the fights are also absolutely ridiculous like the one against Black Canary....
    The only good thing about YJ Conner is that he got an invitation to JL which all versions of Conner really really deserve.

It shows to me that this Version of Conner doesnt work-he was cool in Season 1, but the lack of powers and lack of being able to age up take also the chance away to grow up during the next seasons.
    I find him boring and I also tried to read the YJ Comics which are connected to the Anime Series and I am sure that he wouldnt be able to have a successfull Comic Series on his own.

It also makes no Sense, because the comic Conner should fit the role which Nightwing in the Bat-Family has:
    The protegee who has grown up and is now a younger, cooler Version of his mentor.

Johns TT Conner was perfect: Great Look, Great Powers, Great Feats, Perfect Girlfriend for him..
    The TT Conner was absolutely perfect if we talk about Look, powers, feats, character development etc.

He was like Richard Grayson: 1. Solo-Series and YJ were his beginning as Robin, TT was actually his way to grow up become Nightwing-I wished that he would have had the chance to grow up even more during his last Solo-Series and take the final step by getting a new more mature Code-Name.
    And then he was replaced by the NEW52 Version...

A lot of people doesnt like Superman because he is too goody two-shoes and Conner works actually PERFECT to fill into the role of Nightwing of the Super-Family.
    Conner isn't a goody two-shoes character like Clark, he was shown to be not so perfect (also NEW52 Superman was like him) and with the Jeans and T-Shirt he got rid of the classic Spandex and Cape which gives the character a more modern look.

And thats also the problem:

Conner is a character who can EASILY be on of the greatest stars in DC, probably even Nr. 5 behind Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman and Nightwing, BUT the problem is that they use him like a COMPLETE Rookie instead of giving him the Nightwing Role.

He just get pushed aside for Jonathan even Conner should be much older, more powerful and having a lot more experience.

It seems like Jonathan has the Nightwing Role in the Super-Family and Conner is the Robin, even it makes no sense and Conner should be like the Nightwing of the Super-Family and Jon like the Robin who should look up to Conner and learn from him and get protected by him.

Whatever happened to New 52 Superboy?

Mighty Member

I am not sure, but I heard that he was shown in a Comic when others destroyed a basis where he was created or so...

I liked the rumor which was around as NEW52 Superman was introduced (that NEW52 Superman wasn't Clark but actually Pre-Flashpoint Conner who was tricked into believing to be Clark).

NEW52 Superman was actually very close to how I imagine Conner, the Jeans and Fleischer Shirt and also the other one which he was wearing on the Cover of NEW52 Action Comics when he was wearing Jeans, working boots and the Shirt with Superman Logo (I think it was Adventure Comics #1).

Actually NEW52 Superman was a lot like I imagine Conner-young,cool-I also liked the scene with the protests and the chain.

It really makes no sense how they brought Conners generation back.

It would have been MUCH better if they would have let Conner,Tim,Cassie and Bart age up to the age of 20 when they come back.
    Every position (Kid Flash,Superboy,Robin...) has at least 2 person who fill into this role.

So for Super-Family it would have been PERFECT:

Clark:35 years old
    Conner: 20-21 years old
    Jonathan: 11 years old

So Conner could easily fullfill the role of Nightwing of the Super-Family.

They can do it with Jon who unlike Conner doesnt really have a role in the family.

Actually both Conner and Jon are sons of Clark (from a biological point of view)

I also find it annoying: Conner worked for his status while Jon gets overpowered etc. and get all for free only because he is Clarks son, but Conner deserves the position MUCH MORE than Jon.

AND from a character point of view Conner is the MUCH MUCH more interesting character, because he has more attitude, more charisma etc. and really has ANOTHER Personality, while Jon is really more a younger Version of Clark.

Actually the YJ Conner stands for ALL the things which I INCREDIBLY HATE about Conner.

Not letting him being able to age up, Wrong Girlfriend/Wife, low powers and the fights are also absolutely ridiculous like the one against Black Canary....
    The only good thing about YJ Conner is that he got an invitation to JL which all versions of Conner really really deserve.

It shows to me that this Version of Conner doesnt work-he was cool in Season 1, but the lack of powers and lack of being able to age up take also the chance away to grow up during the next seasons.
    I find him boring and I also tried to read the YJ Comics which are connected to the Anime Series and I am sure that he wouldnt be able to have a successfull Comic Series on his own.

It also makes no Sense, because the comic Conner should fit the role which Nightwing in the Bat-Family has:
    The protegee who has grown up and is now a younger, cooler Version of his mentor.

Johns TT Conner was perfect: Great Look, Great Powers, Great Feats, Perfect Girlfriend for him..
    The TT Conner was absolutely perfect if we talk about Look, powers, feats, character development etc.

He was like Richard Grayson: 1. Solo-Series and YJ were his beginning as Robin, TT was actually his way to grow up become Nightwing-I wished that he would have had the chance to grow up even more during his last Solo-Series and take the final step by getting a new more mature Code-Name.

A lot of people doesnt like Superman because he is too goody two-shoes and Conner works actually PERFECT to fill into the role of Nightwing of the Super-Family.
    Conner isn't a goody two-shoes character like Clark, he was shown to be not so perfect (also NEW52 Superman was like him) and with the Jeans and T-Shirt he got rid of the classic Spandex and Cape which gives the character a more modern look.

Conner is a character who can EASILY be on of the greatest stars in DC, probably even Nr. 5 behind Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman and Nightwing, BUT the problem is that they use him like a COMPLETE Rookie instead of giving him the Nightwing Role.

He just get pushed aside for Jonathan even Conner should be much older, more powerful and having a lot more experience.

It seems like Jonathan has the Nightwing Role in the Super-Family and Conner is the Robin, even it makes no sense and Conner should be like the Nightwing of the Super-Family and Jon like the Robin who should look up to Conner and learn from him and get protected by him.
    What was wrong with that? It was just about combat skills iirc, yes ideally he could squash her like an ant but he had no real combat experience at the time. Plus he was more or less just an angry infant at that point anyway which isn't really a insult towards Kon. He was just new.
    Last edited by 9th.; 01-08-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Whatever happened to New 52 Superboy?
    iirc he just disappeared after that Harvest situation went down.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Conners powers should be explained by his physical and mental powers were separated from each other, unlike a full kryptonian who's powers work together seamlessly.which means they are not always on, and he has make them work,BUT his positive about this is thst he has more control over them than kryptonians, which is shown in all the cool things he can do wth it.

YJ shows powerset plus amping his strength, durability, speed, flight, "pushing" his heat vision out,micro vibrational sense, touch scan, and super flare(either TK energy or solar energy)
    I would like to see Conner having his TTK again if written well can be very versatile. I know that in the anime Mob Psycho 100, psionic powers are very diverse and crazy he could use his TTK to bend light around him achieving invisibility, manipulating pressure for a variety of effects and increasing his Intellect.

If you had the power to make all his different versions work together as one version, how would you do it?
    90s kesel
    00s geoffs
    New 52
    Bendis YJ

And if you feel froggy add these too
    YJ show Titans show
    Reign movie
    Smallville season 11
    Injustice
    I would incorporate the tactile telekinesis from the 90's comic book and use it as a separate power source (as a genetic mutation or maybe a metagene from his human side) he could use it as an enhancement and access to stimulate Kryptonian trademark powers such as heat vision and freeze breath also other abilities such as invisibility. I would keep his Kryptonian powers but put him around the level of an early Superman from Grant Morrison's New 52 Action Comics and the YJ animated series. Also, inserting the psionic flare and other TTK applications from the New 52 TT comic book. Finally from his media adaptions, I would borrow heavily from the DCAMU with him wearing a leather jacket and the colour of his super suit is a little bit darker compared to Superman and Superboy whose colour scheme is lighter in comparison.
    Last edited by Incognito; 01-08-2021 at 10:55 AM.

1 the past storyline was kon having no powers, this seems to be DC wanting him to have either less power(but still powered) or powers thst short out, so yeah its something we haven't seen for Kon.

2 kon is not Clark's kid, no matter what Bruce says or wants. He is a copy of 2 guys, a copy.

3 Kon should get nightwinged, nuff said, DC should be ashamed of their self and knkw thst we fans think they have no clue becisee of this

4 the YJ superboy is great, yes they gave him a lot of negatives, they did thst to show how he "could" over come them (not saying he has, but the opportunity)

5 the Geoff Johns TT was great, but he was almost completely a new character, amd there lies the problem.oh and he was so emo because of where his DNA came from.

6 I agree kon should be and is one the DC's great characters, and should be the night wing of the SUPER family.

I am not sure, but I heard that he was shown in a Comic when others destroyed a basis where he was created or so...

I liked the rumor which was around as NEW52 Superman was introduced (that NEW52 Superman wasn't Clark but actually Pre-Flashpoint Conner who was tricked into believing to be Clark).

NEW52 Superman was actually very close to how I imagine Conner, the Jeans and Fleischer Shirt and also the other one which he was wearing on the Cover of NEW52 Action Comics when he was wearing Jeans, working boots and the Shirt with Superman Logo (I think it was Adventure Comics #1).

Actually NEW52 Superman was a lot like I imagine Conner-young,cool-I also liked the scene with the protests and the chain.

It really makes no sense how they brought Conners generation back.

It would have been MUCH better if they would have let Conner,Tim,Cassie and Bart age up to the age of 20 when they come back.
    Every position (Kid Flash,Superboy,Robin...) has at least 2 person who fill into this role.

So for Super-Family it would have been PERFECT:

Clark:35 years old
    Conner: 20-21 years old
    Jonathan: 11 years old

So Conner could easily fullfill the role of Nightwing of the Super-Family.

We agree thst the YJ4 should have been brought back older