Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

That actually does sound like an intriguing dynamic truth be told
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thoses knee pads needs to go.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Why was the "real" Conner there to begin with?

Could be following a lead after the Titans ask him why he attacked them...or he could be yet another clone. I seriously wonder if that's why his powers are supposed to eventually shut off. But I mean, the question still lingers: why do we keep following the clone rather than Conner if that is the "real" Conner? After the annual we don't see that Conner on any covers, yet we still see the clone.

_________

I'm also kind of interested in the idea that clone Conner may get more powerful (at least as strong as Ultraman, thus as strong as Clark and Kara of our Earth) when he's mad, but his sense goes. His Bizarro from may actually be his more powerful form. It's like basically doing the Superman version of the Hulk.

And this actually lines up with Young Justice shockingly well. Remember Conner was weaker because because of the human DNA in the show, but Match was as strong as Superman because he had all Kryptonian DNA. The draw back was that it left him very, very mentally imbalanced, and he existed in a near constant state of rage. This is then mimicked by Conner when when he gets the patches. It dampens his human genes, but in doing so creates a mental imbalance.

I'd be down if this was Conner's thing going forward. A Jekyll and Hyde struggle. As Bizarro he's as strong as Clark, but his mind leaves him, and as Conner he's weaker so he must rely on his Luthor cunning more than he usually has to.
    My guess is as you stated. He was contacted by the Titans and may have been following him. How he tracked him to Russia that fast? No clue. As for why only following the clone? Can't say. Just because the clone is featured in the cover, doesn't mean Conner isn't included. We haven't seen the end of Earth 3 and I think we're seeing the beginning of the formation of two teams.

Match in Young Justice was missing sequences in his Kryptonian DNA which is what led to his insanity. Conner had those missing sequences filled with human DNA, allowing him to keep his sanity but filter/water down his powers. If those genes were suppressed he'd end up being more like Match. Maybe they'll do something like that here where the human dna is breaking down allowing his Kryptonian power to blossom. As for him losing his powers in the future, it's not a certain possibility. The doctor's themselves say it may or may not happen. I remember after his first fight with Superboy prime, it was noted he had genetic defect that he couldn't store solar energy as efficiently as Superman. I thought it was fixed, but I wonder if they're falling back on that.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    The doctor's themselves say it may or may not happen.
    They said that it could be any week now or years or decades from now.

But it's storytelling, right? Like, why even bring it up if the goal is to go "and then Conner just kept his powers"?

Plans could've changed, yeah. But Bendis wrote that story knowing he was done, and something else was coming. It's similar to what he did with his final arc on Superman, I'm guessing. That arc was written specifically knowing he'd be picking it back up in JL. So why not just leave things off with Conner on an unambiguously happy ending if he's not picking it up, and he doesn't know the plans? And remember, Conner's on SS because of editorial, and not because of the current writer.

But like I said, plans could've changed. I just know we see no sign of any Conner that's not the one we have here. And the one we have is clearly the POV Conner we're supposed to root for since we've been following him for this book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

They said that it could be any week now or years or decades from now.

But it's storytelling, right? Like, why even bring it up if the goal is to go "and then Conner just kept his powers"?

Plans could've changed, yeah. But Bendis wrote that story knowing he was done, and something else was coming. It's similar to what he did with his final arc on Superman, I'm guessing. That arc was written specifically knowing he'd be picking it back up in JL. So why not just leave things off with Conner on an unambiguously happy ending if he's not picking it up, and he doesn't know the plans? And remember, Conner's on SS because of editorial, and not because of the current writer.

But like I said, plans could've changed. I just know we see no sign of any Conner that's not the one we have here. And the one we have is clearly the POV Conner we're supposed to root for since we've been following him for this book.
    Again. Like you've said. Things can change. This is comics. Editorial can always leave themselves an opening if they decide to go another route. Yes Palmer and Mr. Terrific said they see evidence for him possibly losing his powers, but they've left the door open for that not being the case with Clark's "If they ever do," comment. I feel that was done to shelve him and prop up Jon until someone else had other ideas to use him.

RCO009_1608662616(1).jpg

POV characters can change. That's happened in numerous forms of media after some shocking situation or revelation. Whether it works or not depends. There is a lot we still don't know

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    POV characters can change. That's happened in numerous forms of media after some shocking situation or revelation. Whether it works or not depends. There is a lot we still don't know
    Obviously we don't know a lot right now, but from what we do know, what would've been gained from a storytelling standpoint by following a clone Conner and then the real Conner when both seem to be identical in personality? Why wouldn't you have just started with the "real" Conner?

Like, you'd assume the idea would be so the clone could do some stuff Conner couldn't or wouldn't. Like maybe kill someone or get seriously hurt or killed before we know he's a clone. But as it stands, he was as heroic as could be helped in his situation, and he didn't do much out of the ordinary. It seems odd not to take that chance if the idea is him being expendable.

The clone has the character development within the book, and the budding gimmick (needing shots or he goes Bizarro).

It's just a very strange situation, and it's editorial mandated, and that's usually because something substantial is about to go down. What this is, we'll see.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This is was a really great issue, mostly if your a SB fan.

I think combining the YJ Match, and with this SS bizzaro Match. Yes I said SS Match, as in I think waller got Match and either cloned him or found "medicine" to stop his "fracturing", which lead him to be the SS Conner, looking like the real Conner and believing he was him, even though he has know "real" memories of being him.

Im glad I'm not the only one who noticed SS Conner held his own against Ultraman, and a teenage Conner "shouldn't" be able to do thst, atleast not for long, and definitely not without using TTK to do so.

Thst brings us to the real conner. I am guessing that he will start losing his kryptonian powers and EITHER 1) be powerless, and have to go thru a finding the hero inside type journey, 2) his kryptonian powers leave him,and he is left with just TTK to use from this point on, or 3) his kryptonian powers get reduced to YJ show type levels, amd he uses a mix of those and TTK to be thee hero he is suposoed to be.

Either way this looks like fun
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Obviously we don't know a lot right now, but from what we do know, what would've been gained from a storytelling standpoint by following a clone Conner and then the real Conner when both seem to be identical in personality? Why wouldn't you have just started with the "real" Conner?

Like, you'd assume the idea would be so the clone could do some stuff Conner couldn't or wouldn't. Like maybe kill someone or get seriously hurt or killed before we know he's a clone. But as it stands, he was as heroic as could be helped in his situation, and he didn't do much out of the ordinary. It seems odd not to take that chance if the idea is him being expendable.

The clone has the character development within the book, and the budding gimmick (needing shots or he goes Bizarro).

It's just a very strange situation, and it's editorial mandated, and that's usually because something substantial is about to go down. What this is, we'll see.

I think we will have real Conner and SS Conner both survive this, one having to take "medicine" and staying with waller for thst reason, and the other staying on his SUPER path amd maybe losing or changing his powers somewhere down the road.

Seriously the future state adult Conner could have been either one,I personally want real Conner to be used and to be appreciated by DC, but anything can happen
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I think it would be insane to have the clone of kon-el become the superman of earth 3 while Conner himself never becomes superman. So twisted.

Have Conner be a age frozen clone with kryptonian powers equivalent to a 18 year old kryptonian thst is growing into their powers. Make his TTK the only thing that can grow anymore in power, so he has to work at it constantly to be better and get a handle on it, just like Deku on MHA, or Invincible has too.

Basic unique attributes
    - short hair,but messy, can have a shaved undercut
    -green eyes, like Reign movie and superman x
    -S barcode tattoo, like new 52 and Titans tv show
    -YJ shows body frame
    -frozen age, around 18 years old
    -YJ shows basic street/combat dress gear
    - black leather jacket with yellow S shield on back
    -YJ powerset
    -TTK, all touch, and conscious effort only
    -added heat vision, touch sense, and possibly see in his mind what his super hearing picks up on the vibrational spectrum
    - DNA memory, shown on the Titans show and the new 52

Spoilers with regards to Tim: spoilers:
    DC did in fact make him bi but he’s dating Bernard so I don’t think they’re going to make Kon bi as well
    end of spoilers

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm going to be expecting a lot of older Kon/Tim fans to want someone to write it in cannon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Spoilers with regards to Tim: spoilers:
    DC did in fact make him bi but he’s dating Bernard so I don’t think they’re going to make Kon bi as well
    end of spoilers

Your smarter than that...don’t be naive

The reason they made Tim bi is solely due to Conner

A lot of fans want Tim/Kon, and future Tim looked a lot like Midnighter.

It’s only a matter of time before Tim/Kon is canon

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Your smarter than that...don’t be naive

The reason they made Tim bi is solely due to Conner

A lot of fans want Tim/Kon, and future Tim looked a lot like Midnighter.

It’s only a matter of time before Tim/Kon is canon
    Why? It makes sense for Tim, but not for Conner.
    A lot a fans want a bunch of things, doesn't mean they should do it.

Also, Conner isn't the reason they made Tim Bi.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why? It makes sense for Tim, but not for Conner.
    Why does it make sense for Tim and not Conner, I wonder?

Why does it make sense for Tim and not Conner, I wonder?
    While Tim and Steph were a significant relationship, they didn't have a relationship as strong as Conner and Cassie.

People try to push this ship cause when Kon died Tim had a strong reaction. But people forget Cassie also had a strong reaction to her boyfriend dying, she even became part of a cult in the hopes of him being revived.