Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    While Tim and Steph were a significant relationship, they didn't have a relationship as strong as Conner and Cassie.

People try to push this ship cause when Kon died Tim had a strong reaction. But people forget Cassie also had a strong reaction to her boyfriend dying, she even became part of a cult in the hopes of him being revived.
    Oh, I thought you were going to bring up some current proof that shows it wouldn't be likely.

In any case, all that really does is show that Cassie used to be very much in love with Conner, and maybe it was a bit unhealthy in some regards. I'm not really saying much of anything, but since Conner has been back it's not like Bendis or anyone has touched on his sexuality.

I'm not saying Tim will date Conner or that Conner will be queer too, but it's something to think about. I mean, Bernard seems like a fine young man, but lets be real: he has no powers nor a hero identity, and Tim has no book he's regularly showing up in (unless Legends is supposed to continue with this story?), so Bernard's visibility potential is fairly low. It would make more sense to me if Tim dated a hero.

But like I said, I'm not saying that it has to be Conner. I'm honestly thinking Matt Price is a possiblity.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If Tynion were sticking around I could see him maybe pushing to make Kon bi/gay as well, but he’s bailing and Tim is getting with Bernard. Plus Kon is under a separate editorial office and is involved in all the Suicide Squad stuff, so I don’t see his sexuality getting changed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh, I thought you were going to bring up some current proof that shows it wouldn't be likely.

In any case, all that really does is show that Cassie used to be very much in love with Conner, and maybe it was a bit unhealthy in some regards. I'm not really saying much of anything, but since Conner has been back it's not like Bendis or anyone has touched on his sexuality.

I'm not saying Tim will date Conner or that Conner will be queer too, but it's something to think about. I mean, Bernard seems like a fine young man, but lets be real: he has no powers nor a hero identity, and Tim has no book he's regularly showing up in (unless Legends is supposed to continue with this story?), so Bernard's visibility potential is fairly low. It would make more sense to me if Tim dated a hero.

But like I said, I'm not saying that it has to be Conner. I'm honestly thinking Matt Price is a possiblity.
    I don't have proof of anything, Tim just makes more sense in my head.

Also, Geoff Johns Teen Titans was what brought me back into comics books after some years without reading and Kon and Cassie relationship was a favorite of mine for many years until DC completely screwed them over with the New 52.

While neither Kon or Cassie were my favorite characters, they relationship was my favorite from DC. It's something that i want back.

Unfortunely Bendis did a horible job with the Young Justice revival so i don't even know where to expect to see this characters anymore.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Plus Kon is under a separate editorial office and is involved in all the Suicide Squad stuff, so I don’t see his sexuality getting changed.
    I agree with this at least. But I will say that what they're doing with Conner in this era feels like just kind of taking risks, doing stuff, and putting him in positions you wouldn't assume. Likely in an effort to find him a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't have proof of anything, Tim just makes more sense in my head.
    That's perfectly valid. I was just asking. And like I said, I'm not really saying much of anything.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I agree with this at least. But I will say that what they're doing with Conner in this era feels like just kind of taking risks, doing stuff, and putting him in positions you wouldn't assume. Likely in an effort to find him a spot.

That's perfectly valid. I was just asking. And like I said, I'm not really saying much of anything.
    I’ve never felt like Conner was as irrelevant as Tim ultimately became. Maybe it’s just because he’s been used so heavily in outside media and he’s a lot of peoples favorite character in YJ or Titans shows. I don’t feel like he’s in the same position but how they handle the current SS set up will be interesting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I kinda think they're be potential in navigating the idea of Kon being straight and he and Tim confronting and dealing with one's attraction to the other that's not reciprocated. That's part of life too, and if done well could be pretty touching. I can't recall something of significance like that being a storyline before. Quite probable there has been but I just can't recall one. Who knows what they want to do though. I would disagree with what was said earlier in my belief that Tim had the bigger, more impactful relationshipin relation to Stephanie. I just don't think Conner/Cassie lasted long enough to be as impactful. So in my mind he really has no iconic female partner, despite personally always digging his dynamic with Cass Cain. So its not something that they couldn't do. Just don't know if its on the radar. Could be they're more interested in creating a character specifically for Tim in the Bat-line, be it this new guy who asked him out on a date or someone entirely new for the long run.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’ve never felt like Conner was as irrelevant as Tim ultimately became. Maybe it’s just because he’s been used so heavily in outside media and he’s a lot of peoples favorite character in YJ or Titans shows. I don’t feel like he’s in the same position but how they handle the current SS set up will be interesting.
    Cause the Superman family isn't as crowded as the Bat Family. Conner can easily slide into the Nightwing role of the Superman family. Being a big brother to Jon and a little brother to Clark.

Tim has is sandwiched after Dick and Jason, two very succefull Robins that found their own niche and Damian the current Robin.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Figured I should point out that these articles exist on the official DC website.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/n...nce-never-was/
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...k-queer-coding

Gen Z is the queerest generation in history, so at some point DC will push a young, queer Super character just like they did with a Bat character. Will it be Conner? I don’t know. But the fact that DC has an article about the queerbaiting between Tim and Kon and another article calling out their own queerbaiting and censorship practices is interesting. They even had this to say about TimKon.

In conclusion: the word “bromance” is for cowards. The term you’re thinking of is “lovers.”
    On their actual website.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 08-10-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Calling Tim "irrelevant" compared to Conner is one read, I guess. But DC Comics seems to have seen it differently for the past decade. Tim's pretty much always been published, at one point basically lead Detective comics, and in Future State he got his own book. Conner has a foot in the media, but I don't know how much DC comics is actually pressed about pushing that in the comics beyond putting him in a black shirt, and putting him in an out of continuity Titans book.

Seriously, you have to be wondering why he isn't in the Titans book as a headmaster or upperclassmen? What that not be both analogues to the Titans show AND Young Justice? I mean, I'm sure that's why Matt Price is there-- to gesture towards that idea. But here's Conner guest staring only in the Suicide Squad where what seems to be his clone is a main character rather than him. While Tim's kind of out here ballin' a little bit making consistent showing in his family books, and growing his character.

Calling Tim "irrelevant" compared to Conner is one read, I guess. But DC Comics seems to have seen it differently for the past decade. Tim's pretty much always been published, at one point basically lead Detective comics, and in Future State he got his own book. Conner has a foot in the media, but I don't know how much DC comics is actually pressed about pushing that in the comics beyond putting him in a black shirt, and putting him in an out of continuity Titans book.

Seriously, you have to be wondering why he isn't in the Titans book as a headmaster or upperclassmen? What that not be both analogues to the Titans show AND Young Justice? I mean, I'm sure that's why Matt Price is there-- to gesture towards that idea. But here's Conner guest staring only in the Suicide Squad where what seems to be his clone is a main character rather than him. While Tim's kind of out here ballin' a little bit making consistent showing in his family books, and growing his character.
    For what is worth, being or not being in Titans Academy is basically the same thing if you are not one of the new characters that Tim Sheridan created. So he isn't losing anything.

I can count on one hand the times i saw Donna Troy in this book that already have 5 issues and a special.

Jesus those TimKon shippers are both aggressive and annoying. I think we’re all in agreement that they’re definitely going to make an attempt to claim Kon too, I just don’t think they’ll succeed with Tynion leaving. There’s really no opportunity for Kon and Tim to even interact in the near future given the real Kon is probably going to get captured by Waller, which is why I think Tim will be stuck with Bernard.

As for gay Superfamily rep, Apollo and Midnighter are who I’m hoping fill that niche. Make them official Superfamily members! Least they’ll be in S&tA and Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I kinda think they're be potential in navigating the idea of Kon being straight and he and Tim confronting and dealing with one's attraction to the other that's not reciprocated. That's part of life too, and if done well could be pretty touching. I can't recall something of significance like that being a storyline before. Quite probable there has been but I just can't recall one. Who knows what they want to do though. I would disagree with what was said earlier in my belief that Tim had the bigger, more impactful relationshipin relation to Stephanie. I just don't think Conner/Cassie lasted long enough to be as impactful. So in my mind he really has no iconic female partner, despite personally always digging his dynamic with Cass Cain. So its not something that they couldn't do. Just don't know if its on the radar. Could be they're more interested in creating a character specifically for Tim in the Bat-line, be it this new guy who asked him out on a date or someone entirely new for the long run.
    He does, Miss Martian because of the YJ cartoon. The Titans show may put him and Cassie together if she ever joins the team.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Figured I should point out that these articles exist on the official DC website.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/n...nce-never-was/
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...k-queer-coding

Gen Z is the queerest generation in history, so at some point DC will push a young, queer Super character just like they did with a Bat character. Will it be Conner? I don’t know. But the fact that DC has an article about the queerbaiting between Tim and Kon and another article calling out their own queerbaiting and censorship practices is interesting. They even had this to say about TimKon.

On their actual website.
    Well...damn. How bout that.

I think I recall a writer for Teen Titans or something like that back in the Pre-New 52 days talking about how he did in fact code Tim and Conner to be gay.

Also Conner has a pretty substantial queer following that really, really latched onto his flamboyant style and attitude.

If you know of the indie writer Magdalene Visaggio, she's a queer trans woman who is a big fan of Conner. Bendis actually tapped her to pitch a Conner mini back when he was writing Superman and Young Justice, but DC shot it down because they thought it would clash with Jon. But the interesting thing about how she envisions Conner is that it's very much through the POV of a queer and trans person. You're told that this is the mold and person that you have to be in order for you to matter and be a success as a person, but you clearly aren't him, and being him is suffocating your natural inclinations.

Even if I'm not saying it, it's not a far leap.

Just gotta point out though: bromance is not for cowards. There's room for both things. Bromances are real and awesome, whether they keep Tim and Conner as that or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Look when you have the number 1 Tim fanboy on the planet, Tynion, acknowledging how far Tim has fallen since his glory days I think that speaks to his position. He was supposed to be the “true” heir to Batman, but that never happened and never will now. Tim’s appearances were frequently all about him struggling with what exactly he was supposed to be now that he couldn’t be Robin anymore. Conner meanwhile may not have gotten as much play in the comics, but he’s everywhere in outside media. He’s a major focus of YJ compared to Tim being a glorified cameo maker, he joined the Titans last season whereas Tim is only just now joining and has been racebent. Tim got murdered immediately in Injustice but Conner actually got to be Superman there in the comics and is still alive! Hell that they’re allowing the portrayal of Tim’s sexuality to change from straight to bi/gay is because they think that will make him a more appealing character again.

Look when you have the number 1 Tim fanboy on the planet, Tynion, acknowledging how far Tim has fallen since his glory days I think that speaks to his position.
    I mean, yeah, but we're talking in comparison to Conner in the comics, and in the comics while Tynion was complaining about that Conner wasn't even being published or acknowledged to have ever been a thing. At least for Tim when Damian came along and took Robin he just moved on to Red Robin and continued on in the Titans (and stayed their till Detective during Rebirth)

but he’s everywhere in outside media.
    And DC doesn't seem to care.

Hell that they’re allowing the portrayal of Tim’s sexuality to change from straight to bi/gay is because they think that will make him a more appealing character again.
    Yeah, but Conner's not even a main character in the only in continuity book he's showing up in. His clone apparently is. And even then, it's the Suicide Squad. Even with the movie, that's not exactly where you put your A or even B listers. Deadshot and Harley aren't even on this one to push the book.

My point being that I don't think Conner in a much better position to DC as you think, and I don't think that leaves him out of the conversation for taking a chance like with Tim.