Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I would like to see Conner having his TTK again if written well can be very versatile. I know that in the anime Mob Psycho 100, psionic powers are very diverse and crazy he could use his TTK to bend light around him achieving invisibility, manipulating pressure for a variety of effects and increasing his Intellect.

I would incorporate the tactile telekinesis from the 90's comic book and use it as a separate power source (as a genetic mutation or maybe a metagene from his human side) he could use it as an enhancement and access to stimulate Kryptonian trademark powers such as heat vision and freeze breath also other abilities such as invisibility. I would keep his Kryptonian powers but put him around the level of an early Superman from Grant Morrison's New 52 Action Comics and the YJ animated series. Also, inserting the psionic flare and other TTK applications from the New 52 TT comic book. Finally from his media adaptions, I would borrow heavily from the DCAMU with him wearing a leather jacket and the colour of his super suit is a little bit darker compared to Superman and Superboy whose colour scheme is lighter in comparison.

TTK is a must Imo, there are way to many adaption of kon now that don't have it, such a disservice to him.

I would make his TTK a mutation of his kryptonian powers, where he has the same power source, but they work separately and differently.

He should have to work harder to use his powers, but be able to do more with his than they can with their powers.

Yes to Invisibility, I forgot to put thst on my list.

The DCAMU suit is a good one, I would make the S on his chest black and red and give him fingerless gloves, PLUS age him up and give him the body of the YJ shows superboy
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What was wrong with that? It was just about combat skills iirc, yes ideally he could squash her like an ant but he had no real combat experience at the time. Plus he was more or less just an angry infant at that point anyway which isn't really a insult towards Kon. He was just new.
    AND?

He has better senses-is much faster-much stronger, so he should be EASILY EASILY EASILY surpass her even she is more experienced...

In the YJ Comic which is a tie-in to the Anime he was shown to be able to deflect bullets, so he is faster as bullets are and able to react to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    1 the past storyline was kon having no powers, this seems to be DC wanting him to have either less power(but still powered) or powers thst short out, so yeah its something we haven't seen for Kon.

2 kon is not Clark's kid, no matter what Bruce says or wants. He is a copy of 2 guys, a copy.

3 Kon should get nightwinged, nuff said, DC should be ashamed of their self and knkw thst we fans think they have no clue becisee of this

4 the YJ superboy is great, yes they gave him a lot of negatives, they did thst to show how he "could" over come them (not saying he has, but the opportunity)

5 the Geoff Johns TT was great, but he was almost completely a new character, amd there lies the problem.oh and he was so emo because of where his DNA came from.

6 I agree kon should be and is one the DC's great characters, and should be the night wing of the SUPER family.
    2 NO! In a biological sense Conner is the son of Lex and Clark as Jon is the son of Clark and Lois is..

3 Yes, but thats also with Bart and Cassie....Bart is now at similar age as Iris-Jai, Avery, Wallace and seemingly many new speedsters are
    In Conners case its even more strange as Jon was aged up, while Conner was seemingly aged down after Pre-Flashpoint

4 YJ Superboy is a character who only works in a team, because he would be to boring for a solo-series and he has the luck that he is the only one other Kryptonian next to Superman...

5 it depends-I see Johns TT Conner just as logical growing up and this emo part was the only part I would change

TTK is a must Imo, there are way to many adaption of kon now that don't have it, such a disservice to him.

I would make his TTK a mutation of his kryptonian powers, where he has the same power source, but they work separately and differently.

He should have to work harder to use his powers, but be able to do more with his than they can with their powers.

Yes to Invisibility, I forgot to put thst on my list.

The DCAMU suit is a good one, I would make the S on his chest black and red and give him fingerless gloves, PLUS age him up and give him the body of the YJ shows superboy
    Invisibility is something which he shouldnt have since its NOTHING what he needs.

Actually I was always the fan of the TTK and Kryptonian Power Set-TTK as META-HUMAN Power and Kryptonian Powers like normal.

So he has the advantage that he can use TTK even when his other power-set doesnt work, he can create TTK Shields and can use TTK to augment his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    AND?

He has better senses-is much faster-much stronger, so he should be EASILY EASILY EASILY surpass her even she is more experienced...

In the YJ Comic which is a tie-in to the Anime he was shown to be able to deflect bullets, so he is faster as bullets are and able to react to them.
    I mean so can Wally and he still got done the same way. The point of that scene was to show that their was room for improvement and that he can't just rely on raw strength. It wasn't meant to embarrass him.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd be really interested in recasting Conner as the Superman family member who, by necessity, had to learn to be its best fighter.

Sort of like Golden Age powers meets Winter Solder. You could use shields as his trump card.

Fits in with the tactical commando vibe of Task Force X, and fills a role that I've never seen a Superman character try to fit into.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd be really interested in recasting Conner as the Superman family member who, by necessity, had to learn to be its best fighter.

Sort of like Golden Age powers meets Winter Solder. You could use shields as his trump card.

Fits in with the tactical commando vibe of Task Force X, and fills a role that I've never seen a Superman character try to fit into.
    Use Jonathan Samuel Kent for that...
    Jonathan has NO real role in the family, lacks of character and has no great relationships to other characters.

Conners role should be the Nightwing of the Super-Family and he DESERVES and needs to be a member of the Titans together with Tim,Bart and Cassie.

Jon is really only a copy of his father while Conner is more like a modern Superman like the NEW52 one is.
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-10-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I mean so can Wally and he still got done the same way. The point of that scene was to show that their was room for improvement and that he can't just rely on raw strength. It wasn't meant to embarrass him.
    Wally is not the Wally of the Comics-Wally needs time to accelerate and CANT immediatly speed up unlike Conner,Bart and Barry can.

Use Jonathan Samuel Kent for that...
    Why? Jon's not the one who will be getting depowered or reduced in power, but Conner is. Jon's not the one who's going to be working for Task Force X aka the Suicide Squad, but Conner is. Jon's also not the one who has his most popular and well know version in outside media function at reduced powers on a para military covert operations team, but once again Conner does.

Jonathan has NO real role in the family
    I'm not really sure how you can possibly say that. He's very, very clearly the heir to the Superman title and name. He is Superman's son. Outside of Clark himself, Jon has maybe the clearest and most defined role in the family (as far as super powered characters in it go). There's even more of a question mark around where Kara fits in than there is Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Why? Jon's not the one who will be getting depowered or reduced in power, but Conner is. Jon's not the one who's going to be working for Task Force X aka the Suicide Squad, but Conner is. Jon's also not the one who has his most popular and well know version in outside media function at reduced powers on a para military covert operations team, but once again Conner does.

I'm not really sure how you can possibly say that. He's very, very clearly the heir to the Superman title and name. He is Superman's son. Outside of Clark himself, Jon has maybe the clearest and most defined role in the family (as far as super powered characters in it go). There's even more of a question mark around where Kara fits in than there is Jon.
    Smallville: Conner has Kryptonian Powers+Telekinesis and is a member of a similar team to the Titans
    DC Anime Movie Series: Conner has all Kryptonian Powers and was a member of the Titans
    Titans: Conner has ALL Kryptonian Powers (only probably missing Flying-but I think he will receive that later on) and is member of the Titans

Injustice: Conner has Kryptonian Powers and is member of the Titans

I HOPE that this with the depowering was only an idea for bringing the Super-Family together and not actually happening.
    It might also getting forgotten and not used by another writer (This happened in Action Comics 1028 and if I remember right this was the last issue with Bendis or?)

Conner is the potentially heir to Clark as it was shown in Rebirth as the Titans of Tomorrow came back to save Jonathan.
    Conner was a member of YJ together with Bart, Tim and Cassie-he was then a member of Teen Titans with Cassie, Bart and Tim.

-> Conner is the potential heir to Clark (according to the Titans of Tomorrow Timeline)
    -> Death Metal seems to have restored the memories of the past lives, which will mean that people remember Conners past
    -> Conner was a member of TT and YJ

Jonathan AND Kara both aren't members of any team in the Present, have less experience as Conner has, less feats etc.

Besides Conner is much different to Clark unlike Jon who is completely like his father.

Smallville: Conner has Kryptonian Powers+Telekinesis and is a member of a similar team to the Titans
    DC Anime Movie Series: Conner has all Kryptonian Powers and was a member of the Titans
    Titans: Conner has ALL Kryptonian Powers (only probably missing Flying-but I think he will receive that later on) and is member of the Titans

Injustice: Conner has Kryptonian Powers and is member of the Titans

I HOPE that this with the depowering was only an idea for bringing the Super-Family together and not actually happening.
    It might also getting forgotten and not used by another writer (This happened in Action Comics 1028 and if I remember right this was the last issue with Bendis or?)

Conner is the potentially heir to Clark as it was shown in Rebirth as the Titans of Tomorrow came back to save Jonathan.
    Conner was a member of YJ together with Bart, Tim and Cassie-he was then a member of Teen Titans with Cassie, Bart and Tim.

-> Conner is the potential heir to Clark (according to the Titans of Tomorrow Timeline)
    -> Death Metal seems to have restored the memories of the past lives, which will mean that people remember Conners past
    -> Conner was a member of TT and YJ

Jonathan AND Kara both aren't members of any team in the Present, have less experience as Conner has, less feats etc.

Besides Conner is much different to Clark unlike Jon who is completely like his father.
    I'm not going to debate you on something that's been explicitly shown and said. Jon is Clark's heir.

When asked what role Conner would play in the upcoming Superman run post Infinite Frontier and Future State, the new writer for the Superman books said that Conner will not be playing much of a role, and that his stories will be handled by the Suicide Squad writer.

He then added that Conner is *NOT* in the running to be Superman's heir like Jon is. This isn't a debate. It's just the facts of the matter.

Mighty Member

I'm not going to debate you on something that's been explicitly shown and said. Jon is Clark's heir.

When asked what role Conner would play in the upcoming Superman run post Infinite Frontier and Future State, the new writer for the Superman books said that Conner will not be playing much of a role, and that his stories will be handled by the Suicide Squad writer.

He then added that Conner is *NOT* in the running to be Superman's heir like Jon is. This isn't a debate. It's just the facts of the matter.
    Where did you hear that?
    Give me the link to this interview..

https://www.cbr.com/superman-infinite-frontier-teaser/
    This is an alternative Cover for Superman #29 which comes in MARCH AFTER Future State and at least on this alternate cover Conner IS on the cover.

AND!! as far as I heard Conner will also get called Superman in the Future State Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-10-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Where did you hear that?
    Give me the link to this interview..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UM...el=wordballoon

Go to 1:08:04. When asked "where is Conner Kent in all this" the writer says "Conner is going to be in someone else's hands. Don't want to muddy the water too much with too many Superboys." He then says "Jon is the one that I see and the heir to the throne as far as heir to the Superman mantel even if Jon doesn't want it, that's just kinda how it is. And Conner is a really cool character, but he's not really in line for that title. Jon wants to be his own person, but Conner just kinda is. I see him in a very different way than I see Jon and Clark."

He then ends with "But I haven't given too much thought to Conner because he's going to be in somebody else's hands going forward."

Regardless of what that cover show, Conner will not be any sort of major part of the Superman line for the immediate future.

AND!! as far as I heard Conner will also get called Superman in the Future State Suicide Squad.
    Yes...because he's on a team with a bunch of fake Justice League members that are made up of Suicide Squad members. Clayface is Martian Manhunter and Victor Zsasz, the Batman villain, is the Batman for that team, but clearly neither are the real Martian Manhunter or Batman, so why would it be any different for Conner? They're also on Earth-3 rather than the main Earth.

Even the Future State sneak peak guide book list him just as Conner Kent while it lists Jon as Superman, and then Clark as Superman as well.

Why do you even want Conner to be Superman? Being Superman makes him have to worry about things he has no interest in, and overall, less interesting. Let him be someone with different preoccupations from Clark.

Also, I think the Young Justice crew needs to part ways and find their unique place in the world. Jon needs to discover that he prefers to be the boots on the ground neighbourhood activist like Golden Age Superman. Tim discovers he is a pulp detective from the 40s with a vague connection to occult conspiracies and a mythic and mysterious entity in the streets of Gotham. I don't know what Bart and Cassie would be.

After they all figure out their stuff it might be cool to bring them back together, but as a completely different genre than that of Titans. They aren't the new Justice League anymore, they are something else entirely.

Masterff is a good fan, but we have 2 big differences between us, I want kon to have weaknesses and to not chase the throne.New nightwing type identity and YJ show physicals and focus control TTK(tactile only).

Having kon be the SUPER who knows how to fight is the smartest thing they can do. Course I would also have him be the SUPER thst uses tech and any and all things to get the job done.

Thst doesn't mean I dont want him to not have TTK,he should and it should be a game changer for him, but he isn't going to be invulnerable every second like Kal and Kara are, so he needs to refine his approach.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Masterff is a good fan, but we have 2 big differences between us, I want kon to have weaknesses and to not chase the throne.New nightwing type identity and YJ show physicals and focus control TTK(tactile only).

Having kon be the SUPER who knows how to fight is the smartest thing they can do. Course I would also have him be the SUPER thst uses tech and any and all things to get the job done.

Thst doesn't mean I dont want him to not have TTK,he should and it should be a game changer for him, but he isn't going to be invulnerable every second like Kal and Kara are, so he needs to refine his approach.
    As I read that I come to feel that Jon Kent should actually be the technologically minded Super kid. He is the new generation and grows up exposed to all these different things from Krypton and beyond. Hey, I finally found his niche. Let Conner be the Golden Age Superman but going even further in entrenching himself within the city.

Course I would also have him be the SUPER thst uses tech and any and all things to get the job done.
    I agree. Have you ever seen or heard of the character Marvel Boy? Grant Morrison created him, and in addition to having natural superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes comparable to Cap, he also had a whole bunch of tech. I've always though Conner would do well with some of that.

You could really have some fun coming up with new and inventive tech for Conner to use while on the Squad.