Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    I’m mixed

On one hand...bendis’s Superman run completely destroyed all of the good will the franchise built in rebirth and basically killed Philip Kennedy Johnson’s run before it even began

On the other hand...he might be the ONLY writer at DC who truly cares about Conner now that Val-Zod and Jon are becoming a thing

The son of Superman and the black son of Zod is going to render Conner as the red headed middle child
    That does make me think that pairing Conner with Tim would be a way to revitalize the character and make him more relevant.
    As the only queer male super character that would give him a unique position in the franchise at least.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That does make me think that pairing Conner with Tim would be a way to revitalize the character and make him more relevant.
    As the only queer male super character that would give him a unique position in the franchise at least.
    It depends

DC doesn’t focus on China as much as Disney, as China is growing more hostile to Hollywood blockbusters

They might bite the bullet and make Jon gay first

Incredible Member

Is Connor even starring in anything at this point?
    Last edited by Iclifton; 08-19-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Thompson's run on Suicide Squad and Titans United.

I do not really see how that makes sense. It is rude to use the term when referring to a same sex couple, yes. But it also an efficient way to describe a close Hetero male friendship. "Muddys the water". Why should what I call my friendhsips have anything to do with anyone else`s relationships. Bromance`s are real and awesome.
    That it is used for same sex relationships and male friendships does somewhat trivialize same sex relationships.
    You may use it in the best way but it’s also used to tease straight men for having friendships that are “like” a same sex relationship.
    This kind of thing doesn’t have a heterosexual comparison.

It depends

DC doesn’t focus on China as much as Disney, as China is growing more hostile to Hollywood blockbusters

They might bite the bullet and make Jon gay first
    I was thinking comics not movies. There’s no plan for Conner to be in a movie anytime soon.
    And DC TV has been great with LGBT diversity.
    Jon has more of a blank slate to build on but DC also seems more strongly invested in Jon’s future than Conners. Jon has a solo book and the Superman mantle after all. I had hoped for Jon to come out - they say make a new character and have them be gay. But they had that with Jon and they’re already building him up with heterosexual love interests in every city and time zone.
    Conner also has the benefit of Tim having come out recently and there has long been a big fan base for Tim and Conner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

See Smallville and Titans both have Conner using all the kryptonian powers, BUT for flight, there has got to be some reason to thst, atleast I hope it's more than just not wanting him to be overpowered and break their budget. Flight thru TTK is the ticket to making him different powerwise folks, did it in the Smallville season 11 comic, can easily do it on Titans, and hell if weisman had some balls and could change his mind he could have it on the young justice show.

I’m mixed

On one hand...bendis’s Superman run completely destroyed all of the good will the franchise built in rebirth and basically killed Philip Kennedy Johnson’s run before it even began

On the other hand...he might be the ONLY writer at DC who truly cares about Conner now that Val-Zod and Jon are becoming a thing

The son of Superman and the black son of Zod is going to render Conner as the red headed middle child
    But anybody thst has been a fan of kon his whole DC life knows the kid has so many things thst make him special and stand apart from every other SUPER character, DC just needs to go forward with this and make $ off of him.

You don't revitalize a character by changing him so radically. Conner was a horndog when he was young, and always had relationships with girls, the whole time, in every single version of him.if it happens it would in effect change him completely, cause it's such a huge part of who he is.

Now Jon is new, and I can see him going that way actually pretty easily, and I think DC would win more points and also bring in the Jon haters because of this move. Jon haters look at him as this fake generic crowned prince, but if they did something like hooked him up or even teased liking a guy ppl would see him as more than thst and see him as a real character.

Suicide squad and Titans United in comics
    Titans and Young Justice on tv

How did everyone feel about how smallville season 11 gave Conner flight thru TK? This is the way to go Imo,only things I would change is make it tactile, as in making contact somehow and giving him a sensory aspect to it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

If Dick is going to end up becoming Batman like the show seems to be hinting at, we might see Kon end up becoming Superman. It would require him and Supes to actually meet though, and I don’t know if there’s a block on Titans using Supes given all the other stuff going on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Dick is going to end up becoming Batman like the show seems to be hinting at, we might see Kon end up becoming Superman. It would require him and Supes to actually meet though, and I don’t know if there’s a block on Titans using Supes given all the other stuff going on.

Thsts a huge jump for Kon to be superman for some reason,what are your reasons for him to do it?

I personally think he is about as far away from being superman as you can get on the show. If anything I can see him trying really way to hard to save everyone from his one scene in episode 5.

Such language
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

It would definitely revitalize him. Would certainly get people talking about him too. Both fans pleased to finally get some Super-family rep and from the homophobes that would have their crying meltdowns like they did about Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    It would definitely revitalize him. Would certainly get people talking about him too. Both fans pleased to finally get some Super-family rep and from the homophobes that would have their crying meltdowns like they did about Tim.

Your answer proves it has nothing to do with him, but some feelings you have personally.

He would be revitalized as soon as they present him the way he is suposoed to be represented, nkt as a generic kryptonian clone boy like bendis did.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Your answer proves it has nothing to do with him, but some feelings you have personally.

He would be revitalized as soon as they present him the way he is suposoed to be represented, nkt as a generic kryptonian clone boy like bendis did.
    No it doesn't. You're jumping to your own feelings based conclusions.

Kon would be revitalized by being in more, good stories...and him getting to come out would be a good way to spark on those stories. Both in terms of getting him more exposure and carving out a space for him that would be unique among the Super family.

It would certainly get people talking to have the clone of Superman come out as gay or bi. That could mean either Clark or Lex wouldn't be as straight as they seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It would certainly get people talking to have the clone of Superman come out as gay or bi. That could mean either Clark or Lex wouldn't be as straight as they seem.
    Effectively Conner is the son of Lex and Clark. Straight parents make queer kids all the time. I don't see where Lex or Clark have to be queer for Conner to be.

But HE ISN'T GAY, never has been, never shown a ounce of it, AND it's against a large part of his character.

I am speaking as a fan from 93,you guys are speaking from a desire for any character to represent, and to change a character.

You act like Titans amd Young Justice superboy isn't a standout character, you act like ppl didn't love reign of the Supermen superboy or think Smallville season 11,convergence and injustice superboy are not awesome portrayals.

He has so much uniqueness oozing from him it's crazy when ppl act like there is something wrong with him, and not the writers and the DC higher ups