Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Man, the difference in quality between the Annual and the regular issue is something else.

spoilers:
    Annual is easily the best issue in the run so far, including the Future State issues. Enjoyed pretty much everything Kon did and said, from the tender way he treated Match even while fighting him, to the supreme confidence he showed throughout the story even when acknowledging he had some doubts as to whether he was the real one during the fight (thus showing he's smart enough to question if what he knows is true and also smart enough to be able to confirm it), to how in control he is even while it seems Match has the upper hand in the fight (but of course it's also clear Conner is holding back a lot), to how casually he threatens Waller and how humanely he treats the rest of the squad (even knowing they're hardcore criminals). If Conner doesn't have any more appearences in this run, I'm going to consider it a massive flaw in it. Match was also pretty heartbreaking to read. Overall, it's almost everything I could have wanted from this. Oh, and the rest of the Squad was also pretty good (even if Bloodshot reads far less interesting in this issue than in his introduction), Waller and Rodriguez were very enjoyable to read, Flag building a team to fight Waller will surely backfire on him at some point (though I guess most of the criminals he'll recruit won't mind obeying his orders just for the opportunity to get back at Waller).

Then there's the regular issue... it's not bad, it's pretty enjoyable actually, but it's certainly not even half as good as the Annual. Ambush Bug was the big feature, and I'm not the biggest fan of his brand of humor, nor do I think it was executed particularly well here. Nocturna got pretty irritating too (for understandable reasons, but still irritating), and her crush on Match is starting to hinder rather than enhance her character. Seriously, that moment where she suggests settling down in hell to escape Waller was cringeworthy. Match himself was far calmer than I'd have preferred during the mission. The rest of the cast was pretty okay, though, and Match showed off some TTK, which I know some people will appreciate a lot. We got some more hints as to Waller's master plan (the revelation concerning Nocturna puts everyone in the Squad in a new light), some insight into Peacemaker and references to the Swamp Thing crossover, and the twist at the end promises a lot of fun in the next issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Here we go

Right in the preview, jeez DC, get your shit together.
    Wait, why does it say that Match is from the 90s? That's true in our world, but shouldn't be true in the DC universe because comic book time means it takes several years for one year to pass. Match would've only been created a few years ago at the most.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, why does it say that Match is from the 90s? That's true in our world, but shouldn't be true in the DC universe because comic book time means it takes several years for one year to pass. Match would've only been created a few years ago at the most.
    Ambush Bug is narrating and one of this schticks is the ability to break the fourth wall, like Deadpool.

Like we all expected, T-shirt SB is actually Match. Thank god. Now we need the real one to have a book so we can follow him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well thst was done well, as a SB fan for his entire comic life I enjoyed thst he was written mature, smart, and caring, while still defending himself and learning things on the fly.

The Agenda lab is still there......with all the clones...... Still from the old 90s comic. Yes they changed how they look, but it's crazy how it was used in this.

The writer found a easy way out of writing bizzaro speak lol, course i don't think Match should be being so clear headed and "leader" like, when he was always a follower pre and post Geoff Johns.

Conner sounded like the perfect hero in this issue,and not out of character to get there.

meeting smileys
    Anybody think kon used TTK here? Or just a good push?

Match has been shown using TK, not TTK twice now,but Conner nothing since he has been back, that kinda ticks me off. They could show Match using TK and Conner using TTK, so you can see the diffemrce in levels of power, just like in Matchs orignal appearance, he had TK blasts from his eyes, but kon just used his tactile TK. So Match is as powerful as the Titans of tomorrow adult Conner now, and we still have kon now just having only kryptonian powers, thst might go out on him at anytime ugh.

I don't hate Match, I like thst he is kicking ass and maybe having another very pale faced character liking him, but not when the real deal, the coolest clone EVER sits on the publication sideline,now not just for the golden child Jon, but the bizzaro looking perfect clone Match now also.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

What an odd position Conner finds himself in these days. He's left out of Super Family in Action Comics because PKJ wanted nothing to distract from Clark and Jon's dynamic. He's not in Teen Titans for whatever reason, and there seems to be a Superboy-like character in the form of Matt Price. And now he's not even in SS because Match has the clear arc there.

I figure the "Superboy" that the writer was told to put in SS was in fact Match, and we're not likely to see Conner take up the role of Earth-3's hero. Waller seems to actively be molding Match to be her "Superman" of Earth-3, and I don't see here going "ha! JK I was talking about Conner the whole time"

I kind of wish they'd just consolidate Tim/Conner's generation into the Titans Academy book along with Wallace and Crush's gen. You have Dick's generation as the headmasters, Wallace's gen as the field team/upper classmen, the new kids as the freshmen, and Tim and Conner's gen as a covert strike team. Kind of like how the X-Men in this era have compartmentalized things. To synergize with the idea behind Titans Academy you could have this covert team be all about breaking up teen metahuman trafficking operations.

I'd give the team a back-up in the Titans Academy book similar to how Justice League Dark is a back-up in Justice League.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What an odd position Conner finds himself in these days. He's left out of Super Family in Action Comics because PKJ wanted nothing to distract from Clark and Jon's dynamic. He's not in Teen Titans for whatever reason, and there seems to be a Superboy-like character in the form of Matt Price. And now he's not even in SS because Match has the clear arc there.

I figure the "Superboy" that the writer was told to put in SS was in fact Match, and we're not likely to see Conner take up the role of Earth-3's hero. Waller seems to actively be molding Match to be her "Superman" of Earth-3, and I don't see here going "ha! JK I was talking about Conner the whole time"

I kind of wish they'd just consolidate Tim/Conner's generation into the Titans Academy book along with Wallace and Crush's gen. You have Dick's generation as the headmasters, Wallace's gen as the field team/upper classmen, the new kids as the freshmen, and Tim and Conner's gen as a covert strike team. Kind of like how the X-Men in this era have compartmentalized things. To synergize with the idea behind Titans Academy you could have this covert team be all about breaking up teen metahuman trafficking operations.

I'd give the team a back-up in the Titans Academy book similar to how Justice League Dark is a back-up in Justice League.
    Seems reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I would be fine with a lot of things, aslong as there is no character regression, thst is what drives me up the wall. I was scared to death they were doing it when they put kon in this new way over the top wannabe the 90s supersuit suit that he is in, but they seem to still komda treat him like he is old as or older than he was in the pre Flashpoint days.

And yes the only person getting "left behind" in the SUPER family is Conner, and like I say all the time he has the most fun look, powers, personality and story potential of any of them.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

This was a cool moment even knowing the twist, really liked how Kon was written in the Annual. But yeah, other than Titans United it doesn’t seem like Conner is getting anything which is annoying and dumb. Give him a standalone mini at least, or have him take Jon’s place with the Legion of Superheroes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think if Waller has gone full villain then Conner should be trying to take her down the whole time, he should be her main antagonist alongside Flag in this run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This was a cool moment even knowing the twist, really liked how Kon was written in the Annual. But yeah, other than Titans United it doesn’t seem like Conner is getting anything which is annoying and dumb. Give him a standalone mini at least, or have him take Jon’s place with the Legion of Superheroes.

This was my favorite Pic of the issue, kon looks so SUPER here.

Maybe he will get something in the solicits.... Probably not.

DC just to let you know, you suck, you would rather hang your hat on boring or rehash type characters than put some of your eggs in a actual super fun characters basket.

I wouldn't mind him going to the future, judt not with "Jon's" Legion.

He needs to grab his YJ4 friends and get some Raver hand stamps and take off to another part of the universe.

Earth 1 home base for the new YJ Ravers is in Hawaii (of course).

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think if Waller has gone full villain then Conner should be trying to take her down the whole time, he should be her main antagonist alongside Flag in this run.

And thst would work for me, they are already playing up the 2 team idea, so run with it

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Him joining Flag’s team would be great, I was surprised he wasn’t captured. If they aren’t taking him off the board I do hope they have plans to do more with him. Would be funny if he got King Shark and Knockout to help him and Flag
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man that annual. Perfect. They freaking used the Agenda and the clones! This was more thought out than I realized. The powers that be must have some plans for Conner to go that deep. His personality and characterization were spot on. This feels like a mature Conner and one who is at a crossroads on what to do with Waller, Match, and the remaining clones. I agree that he may side with Flag and Peacemaker to chase after Waller acting as an antagonist. He now has skin in the game. Match is in this predicament because Waller wanted Conner. "You don't need a bomb to motivate people." She's now triggered his. He may still wind up on Earth 3 either still chasing her and freeing Match, exchanging himself for Match or maybe even coming to understand what she is trying to do. Either way I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Damn fine pic.