Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1496

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Him joining Flag’s team would be great, I was surprised he wasn’t captured. If they aren’t taking him off the board I do hope they have plans to do more with him. Would be funny if he got King Shark and Knockout to help him and Flag
    One can only hope. Conner becoming the black ops Super is another potential path aside from being the Earth 3 Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well thst was done well, as a SB fan for his entire comic life I enjoyed thst he was written mature, smart, and caring, while still defending himself and learning things on the fly.

The Agenda lab is still there......with all the clones...... Still from the old 90s comic. Yes they changed how they look, but it's crazy how it was used in this.

The writer found a easy way out of writing bizzaro speak lol, course i don't think Match should be being so clear headed and "leader" like, when he was always a follower pre and post Geoff Johns.

Conner sounded like the perfect hero in this issue,and not out of character to get there.

meeting smileys
    Anybody think kon used TTK here? Or just a good push?

Match has been shown using TK, not TTK twice now,but Conner nothing since he has been back, that kinda ticks me off. They could show Match using TK and Conner using TTK, so you can see the diffemrce in levels of power, just like in Matchs orignal appearance, he had TK blasts from his eyes, but kon just used his tactile TK. So Match is as powerful as the Titans of tomorrow adult Conner now, and we still have kon now just having only kryptonian powers, thst might go out on him at anytime ugh.

I don't hate Match, I like thst he is kicking ass and maybe having another very pale faced character liking him, but not when the real deal, the coolest clone EVER sits on the publication sideline,now not just for the golden child Jon, but the bizzaro looking perfect clone Match now also.
    So this is the second time we've seen Match use it. We just need to have a moment for Conner. He needs everything he has to stand out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Man that annual. Perfect. They freaking used the Agenda and the clones! This was more thought out than I realized. The powers that be must have some plans for Conner to go that deep. His personality and characterization were spot on. This feels like a mature Conner and one who is at a crossroads on what to do with Waller, Match, and the remaining clones. I agree that he may side with Flag and Peacemaker to chase after Waller acting as an antagonist. He now has skin in the game. Match is in this predicament because Waller wanted Conner. "You don't need a bomb to motivate people." She's now triggered his. He may still wind up on Earth 3 either still chasing her and freeing Match, exchanging himself for Match or maybe even coming to understand what she is trying to do. Either way I'm excited.
    I don't know about The Powers That Be (though surely they must have some sort of plan, if only to keep the Superboy trademark active), but Thompson did say he was a 90's Superboy fan in his interviews before the run started and if anything this annual proves that. I'm hoping he has more plans for him in this run, and yea, teaming up with Flag to take on Waller sounds fun.

Its better that its Match. Kon doesn't belong anywhere near any of the modern instances of the Suicide Squad. He needs to go to an actually good book somewhere away from the psychopath squad.
    Though I really hate that they decided to just start turning Match all Bizarro back when they did.

Man that annual. Perfect. They freaking used the Agenda and the clones! This was more thought out than I realized. The powers that be must have some plans for Conner to go that deep. His personality and characterization were spot on. This feels like a mature Conner and one who is at a crossroads on what to do with Waller, Match, and the remaining clones. I agree that he may side with Flag and Peacemaker to chase after Waller acting as an antagonist. He now has skin in the game. Match is in this predicament because Waller wanted Conner. "You don't need a bomb to motivate people." She's now triggered his. He may still wind up on Earth 3 either still chasing her and freeing Match, exchanging himself for Match or maybe even coming to understand what she is trying to do. Either way I'm excited.
    Damn fine pic.
    One can only hope. Conner becoming the black ops Super is another potential path aside from being the Earth 3 Superman.
    So this is the second time we've seen Match use it. We just need to have a moment for Conner. He needs everything he has to stand out.

Agree with everything written here AGAIN.

I don't think showing how awesome kon is will take away from the bright and shiny main SUPER characters, mostly when kon works better out on his own in his own Lil piece of the DCU.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I think DC is scared to death of conner kent /kon-el, they know is appeal,they know ppl want more of him, and that he is bursting with story potential.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

I think DC is scared to death of conner kent /kon-el, they know is appeal,they know ppl want more of him, and that he is bursting with story potential.
    It’s not so much that they are afraid of him

It’s just that they don’t know what to do with *the son of Superman but not really*

Just like with Tim except not as bad

Look at Val-Zod…black son of Zod

Or Jon Kent…possibly gay son of superman

And Conner has a problem
    Last edited by Vathlonian; 09-08-2021 at 09:58 PM.

They’re definitely deliberately shoving him to the side while they push Jon. Honestly just throw me an out of continuity solo mini with Kon and I wouldn’t really care, especially with IF seemingly going to be about DC’s continuity and Multiverse f******.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    It’s not so much that they are afraid of him

It’s just that they don’t know what to do with *the son of Superman but not really*

Just like with Tim except not as bad

Look at Val-Zod…black son of Zod

Or Jon Kent…possibly gay son of superman

And Conner has a problem

But kon did just fine for 10 years and over 100 issues not having much to do with superman, he doesnt need to be associated as close to him as ppl think he does, he just needs room to be himself and stories pour out if him.

He is one of those characters thst lend himself to any situation or type of story you want to tell. Writers need to go back and reread the 90s series THEN remember all his other versions of him,then write new fun stories with all thst. They should have enough to write him for years easily.

They’re definitely deliberately shoving him to the side while they push Jon. Honestly just throw me an out of continuity solo mini with Kon and I wouldn’t really care, especially with IF seemingly going to be about DC’s continuity and Multiverse f******.

Just take the "throwaway" generation or YJ generation and send them hurling thru space or universes, there is no better time to put your characters in wild and crazy situations then now with all the multiverse craze going on.

Him joining Flag’s team would be great, I was surprised he wasn’t captured. If they aren’t taking him off the board I do hope they have plans to do more with him. Would be funny if he got King Shark and Knockout to help him and Flag
    Ha, yeah, they're both part of Conner's rogues gallery from back in the Hawaii days, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just take the "throwaway" generation or YJ generation and send them hurling thru space or universes, there is no better time to put your characters in wild and crazy situations then now with all the multiverse craze going on.
    Space, another Earth, the future, anywhere else would be fine, I just want to read Kon stories. It’s why I’m picking up that Titans book despite how little I care about the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ha, yeah, they're both part of Conner's rogues gallery from back in the Hawaii days, right?
    Yep! Must people probably think King Shark started out as an Aquaman villain lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He does look cool as hell here, the hair and jacket of the orignal, the tshirt/jeans and build of the Geoff /YJ show, perfect mix.

And we got him being very into blackfire(who wouldn't be she is yum).

He said he didn't have micro vision, anybody else notice that?

Bring in the TTK so we can get flight and touch senses for a cool compete package.

It would have been cool to see him run back with the ice cream.

g0ho41wsyhm71.jpg
    Conner with two beauties.