Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

To me kon needs to feel a dm act like a 18 to 21 yr old, live in Hawaii, work for Cadmus, go on covert ops when he isn't with his YJ4 crew, and wear either YJ shows season 2 or 3 clothes, superman "Truth" blue shirt, but always have the black and red S on the chest, fingerless gloves, and a leather jacket around, power wise YJ show powers with a mix of kesel and new 52 TTK, keep it tactile and make it work with his focus, but give him plenty of power with it.

I like most of all your ideas guys, just let's remember let's stay true to the character as seen in the past in every variation, and he isn't the heir apparent so he needs his own thing, and shouldn't be "competition" for Clark
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

OK folks back in the old SB days they had 2 different times when they showed older versions of kon, 1 was sins of youth and the other was black zero. They both had superman level strength and durability, by way of their TTK getting more powerful, but what I think was more important was that both cases had the same kryptonian powers manifested, heat vision and super hearing, and these are the powers I am strongly wanting kon to have and keep whenever they are done making his powers yoyo.

host photo

Don't care how they work, aslong as he has these 2 powers
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't think Nightwing, Donna and Wally West are good examples of characters that went out on their own. Wally replaced Barry, and it's fine, but it's not really finding his own way. He certainly made it his own, but it's still replacing his mentor. Nightwing does the exact same thing Batman does, except he has a different personality. I find this very disapointing. Donna Troy is a mess of a character unfortunately (and it has nothing to do with her being bad, just being badly used).

You want an example of a former sidekick that went ou on his own? Red Hood. Sure, he became an anti hero and we don't need to go that far, but he realized that he had his own preocupations, distinct from Bruce and he decided to become a semi crime boss who also tried to control crime. This is fundamentally unique in the Batman mythos.

Conner worrying about a city is him being a mature, not being "weak". It's him seeing a different way of helping the world, something that Clark is ignoring.

I love the Young Justice animated show. I don't think it's great how they stole the made Outsiders into a different cast, but at least it wa a diverse group of different ethnicities (and to be clear the Outsiders on that show are latino Blue Beetle, black Static, East European Geo Force, and Kidflash, Wonder Girl and El Dorado.

Much more diverse than the Young Justice cast.
    I have to say that NIGHTWING is my favorite example of a growing up of a former young hero:
    -accepted by younger heroes and JL, is able to build bridges between them and can act as mediator
    -is in a sense a modern variation of his mentor
    -has found his own territory to protect
    -acts as older brother to the other Robins

Tempest is another example, but he has positive and negative aspects:
    Positive: he looks MUCH cooler now, he is powerful, got a much better Code-Name
    Negative: I HATE his relationship to Aquaman

Red Hood instead is a clearly NEGATIVE example for me:
    -He doesnt have real friendships or relationships with others (besiders Bizarro and Artemis)
    -He is for sure no one who the JL, Titans etc. will trust completely

So for me its clear that Nightwing is the best example, because he is respected by everyone, he is in some sense the cool, young variation of his mentor and also the cool, handsome guy who the girls love.

I dont understand what should be wrong with doing the same as your mentor do-I actually have to say that I really really like that Conner does the same as Clark does.
    So for me YES Conner should be the NIGHTWING of the Super-Family, similar job, other place, more relatable, younger, cooler....

This is also clearly the role in which I would LOVE to see Conner:
    the modern, young variation of Superman who got rid of the Spandex and Cape, respected by the JL and his younger "brother" or "nephew" Jonathan and also respected by the Titans and TT.

Young Justice Outsiders (ANIME SERIES) consisted of:

Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Geo-Force, Kid Flash, Static, Wonder Girl as FOUNDING MEMBERS and later added Conner, Cyborg, El Dorado, Terra, Forager and a former member was Geo-Force
    So Conner, Cassie and Bart were members of the Outsiders in Young Justice Anime Series, which makes 3 out of 4.

Like I said I would take Cassie, Conner, Bart and Tim and add Kid Devil, Traci13, Bombshell, Terra, Blue Beetle, Miss Martian... to them.

I like the Idea of the team formed by "Outcasts" who dont really fit into other teams-Bombshell for example was a great character which wouldnt fit into other teams, since she also has a history as villain, Miss Martian was also kind of problematic because of her white Martian Heritage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    To me kon needs to feel a dm act like a 18 to 21 yr old, live in Hawaii, work for Cadmus, go on covert ops when he isn't with his YJ4 crew, and wear either YJ shows season 2 or 3 clothes, superman "Truth" blue shirt, but always have the black and red S on the chest, fingerless gloves, and a leather jacket around, power wise YJ show powers with a mix of kesel and new 52 TTK, keep it tactile and make it work with his focus, but give him plenty of power with it.

I like most of all your ideas guys, just let's remember let's stay true to the character as seen in the past in every variation, and he isn't the heir apparent so he needs his own thing, and shouldn't be "competition" for Clark
    18 is WAY TO YOUNG!!

realistic is 22-25 years old, he debuted nearly 30 years ago and its FINALLY time to STOP this YJ-TT Teen stuff...

His generation should finally be aged up, going to college, thinking about getting married and also taking on more serious missions.
    One of the reasons why I HATED YJ by Bendis was that it was like as they were complete Rookies and going around with complete inexperienced Rookies etc.

Best would be take Johns TT Conner let him age up, keep his powers which he had during this time-including TTK and Kryptonian Powers and get him a Series together with Cassie (like the Superman/Wonder Woman Series in NEW52), you can let Bart, Tim, Wonder Woman, Clark and Lois guest star in this series..

For the Team Series:
    Take Tim, Conner, Cassie and Bart and add Heroes of Ravers, Blood Pack and Teen Titans: Miss Martian, Bombshell, Terra, Traci13, Static, Kid Devil, Aura, Anima, Sparx, Jade...

and let them take on Missions like the Outsiders.

I would really really really LOVE to see this "old" characters from the Ravers, Blood Pack used again and also some members of the TT like Bombshell, Static, Traci 13...

I will emphasize that "being respected" by his peers isn't something characters necessarily need. Red Hood is a very popular character that gets a lot of promotion without being accepted byn ther heroes. But I'm not even arguing for that. Conner being the boots on the ground social warrior I described is worthy of respect and I see no reason why he wouldn't be respected. Spider-man is a street level hero, much more than Iron Man or Thor, and he is still respected by other heroes isn't he?

And again, why take away the whole point of a team like Outsiders? Find another name for the Young Justice Generation. My take on their team where they are a cold case division would be called Sekeleton Tribunal or something like that. Just come up with a new one instead of stealing the identity of an underappreciated existing team

I do want the YJ4 to stay together somehow, older by a Lil of course, all hero names being Sentinel, Cardinal, Fury, and Impulse.

I don't really need kon to be the traditional hero like Jon will be forced into, I just want him to feel like a full fleshed out character who is always being a true hero and never giving up noatter what is in front of him.

I like those names. Not fully locked on them but wouldn't be bad. Sentinel still doesn't quite hit the mark for me but it kind of reminds me of Citizen Steel which would be my ideal name if it wasn't already taken

Funnily enough, there's a team called Young All-stars that was created after Crisis on Infinite Earths as a replacement for the Golden Age Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. They have characters there that really resemble these characters, and haven't been very used since from what I can tell (haven't read this, just wiki search). Fury is on there, and so are Flying Fox (batman inspired) and Iron Munro (superman inspired). Iron Munro really looks like an adult Conner. It all feels like an older version of Young Justice

Last edited by Alpha; 01-12-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Here is the other half of the plain clothes (lowered powered) inspiration for geoffs and the TV shows versions of kon, Kent Shakespeare

Yeah I think Conner would eventually adopt black and white and in the distant future he would have a variant of the Superman Beyond suit. But at first I really want him to have this one but with a smaller cape and different hair cut

Yeah I think Conner would eventually adopt black and white and in the distant future he would have a variant of the Superman Beyond suit. But at first I really want him to have this one but with a smaller cape and different hair cut

I don't, any of those you spoke of. No capes, UNLESS he is superman, and he won't be. So he needs a altered Reign of the Supermen suit or a YJ show type look, but with a leather jacket and TTK

Honestly I'm in favor no leather jacket. I don't see it as necessary when it comes to his redesign.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Honestly I'm in favor no leather jacket. I don't see it as necessary when it comes to his redesign.
    I agree. A leather jacket isn't necessary for his identity as a superhero. It's fine if he wants to wear one as a civilian, but he should ditch it once he "suits up"

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    I agree. A leather jacket isn't necessary for his identity as a superhero. It's fine if he wants to wear one as a civilian, but he should ditch it once he "suits up"

Funny cause a lot of us fans of kon say the same about him wearing a cape. A leather jacket is more a part of kons look than a cape will EVER be, it's one of his signatures, like fingerless gloves, and the black and red S.. You start eliminating these signatures you start to lose your character, and they become someone different or just like everyone else.

Mighty Member

I will emphasize that "being respected" by his peers isn't something characters necessarily need. Red Hood is a very popular character that gets a lot of promotion without being accepted byn ther heroes. But I'm not even arguing for that. Conner being the boots on the ground social warrior I described is worthy of respect and I see no reason why he wouldn't be respected. Spider-man is a street level hero, much more than Iron Man or Thor, and he is still respected by other heroes isn't he?

And again, why take away the whole point of a team like Outsiders? Find another name for the Young Justice Generation. My take on their team where they are a cold case division would be called Sekeleton Tribunal or something like that. Just come up with a new one instead of stealing the identity of an underappreciated existing team
    This isn'’t something what a Super-family member, Wonder-Family etc. should be, you can use Bat-Family, Green Arrow, Hawk and Dove etc. for that. Conner instead has already established his place among the most powerful heroes on Earth by fighting against Doomsday Clone, Superboy Prime, Gog etc.
    And now as this is back in history its even more clearly.

Cold Case is way to SMALL for them, to small for people who fought against Gog, Superboy Prime… have a lot of experience etc.
    It also makes ZERO SENSE when rookies like Yara, Jonathan, Damian, new Batman, Wallace etc.etc. get BIG missions and get the promotion to be the new JL in future, while the established Cassie, Conner, Bart and Tim are on such little missionsĀ…

The LAST thing which they need are small missions which put them behind
    Donna, Nubia, Yara (CASSIE)
    Jonathan, Kenan (CONNER)
    Avery, Wallace, Kid Quick (BART)
    New Batman, Fox, Duke, Damian (TIM)

I like them having team uniforms with the color black/red:
    -Conner using the NEW52 Superman Uniform (instead of blue being black with red S Symbol on it)
    I also liked the Captain America Uniform in Captain America: Winter Soldier-I imagine such an uniform WITHOUT such things like Cape etc.
    -Cassie using the Wonder Woman skirt Uniform in black and red
    -Tim as Red Robin with the cowl
    -Impulse as kind of dark flash

What they need are missions on JL/TITANS Level…which prove that Cassie, Conner, Bart and Tim are on the levels of Clark, Bruce, Diana and Barry…

The Missions should be more like:
    -Rescuing Humans from WarWorld
    -save Meta-Humans
    -bring Atombombs back to America
    -go to Earth 3 and stop the Crime Syndicate from entering into Earth One
    -if necessary stop the JL and replace them

So I see Conner at the power-levels of a 25 year old Clark, Bart maybe even faster than Wally etc.

Outsiders:
    1. The Team NEVER had a really consistent Line-Up
    2. Also the TT had very different Line-Ups in which EVERY member got replaced
    3. Outsiders EXACTLY fulfil my Vision of the type of missions, storylines etc. in which I see Conner, Bart, Tim and Cassie
    4. Outsiders are also EXACTLY the right name for them, since they are a LOST GENERATION who was sidelined by the new characters
    5. I would also add Bombshell, Aura, Sparx, Traci13, Miss MartianĀ….to the team who are also ones who doesn'’t fit into another team

Actually OUTSIDERS are perfect for them:
    -Big Missions
    -Big Feats
    -not under direct control of the JL
    -mature Storylines
    -they can make themselves their own name without being trapped in the Legacy like the Titans are
    -FINALLY a step into maturity and getting rid of YOUNG Justice, TEEN Titans....

AND!! It would also be cool to have Cassie, Conner, Bart as dark reflections of Diana, Clark, Barry...
    So they are equally powerful, but they ARENT the shiny bright Posterboys...
    They arent the bright Superheroes who work with the JL etc., but in Conners case for example he is member of Suicide Squad and Outsiders and works therefore together with Villains, Anti-Heroes etc.
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-15-2021 at 01:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I agree. Have you ever seen or heard of the character Marvel Boy? Grant Morrison created him, and in addition to having natural superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes comparable to Cap, he also had a whole bunch of tech. I've always though Conner would do well with some of that.

You could really have some fun coming up with new and inventive tech for Conner to use while on the Squad.
    Thats a HUGE DISSERVICE for him and TECH was always RIDICULOUS for such a A Class Character like Conner, it DIDNT work during the Kessel Era and it would only be a humiliation for him..
    And Conner is also much much much much much much much much much much much much stronger, faster etc. than Captain America would ever be.

This would actually better for Jonathan...

For Conner I would rather compare Conner to Thor or Hyperion...

I have to say that I also like the Black Costume of Hyperion and it would fit Conner as well...

Actually PERFECT for Conner would be to take the place of SODAM YAT
    So he has all Kryptonian Powers + has the Green Lantern Ring
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-15-2021 at 02:58 AM.