Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1496

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    They could all have been using some piece of tech from Waller to aid in the masquerade. If they acquired tech to isolate Earth 3 than it's not a stretch to believe that they may be using something to fly.

Very true, but wouldn't it be great to know someday kon will get his TTK back
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    He is not gay, he is probably the most straight character in comics. He has had multiple gfs, and is shown over and over again hitting on girls.

The only time in comics anybody could latch onto would be when Judd winnicl had him changing in a closet with Tim, which if you know Judd, he is more activist than writer.

His hair was more 90s skater dude
    His jacket was James Dean cool
    His glasses were John lennon cool
    His belts were to break up the color and to probably make fun of 90s characters who over did the belt and gun stuff.

Yes Conner is gay on deviant art, twiiter, and Tumblr, but he is not in the comics. That's where he has been shown repeatedly as a very aggressive straight guy to a very mature guy in a long lasting relationship.
    I mean, fair enough, I see your point, but I think it's plainly clear that sexuality is not set in stone, nor is it an either/or situation. It is often the ones who seem the most straight that ultimately end up turning out gay, as they were trying to overcompensate for what they were truly feeling inside. People also change sexuality as they grow older and mature, and it may just be the trigger of meeting the right person at the right time that would do it. It's also obvious that Connor is queer-coded, especially with his relationship with Tim, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for him to come out as bi or pan. I'd actually argue that it would make sense for his character, much in the same way that Bobby Drake used to be a ladies man before he became honest with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I mean, fair enough, I see your point, but I think it's plainly clear that sexuality is not set in stone, nor is it an either/or situation. It is often the ones who seem the most straight that ultimately end up turning out gay, as they were trying to overcompensate for what they were truly feeling inside. People also change sexuality as they grow older and mature, and it may just be the trigger of meeting the right person at the right time that would do it. It's also obvious that Connor is queer-coded, especially with his relationship with Tim, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for him to come out as bi or pan. I'd actually argue that it would make sense for his character, much in the same way that Bobby Drake used to be a ladies man before he became honest with himself.

Nope, he isn't overcompensating for anything, he really is just into females thst much, read his comics, it's not a matter of growing into liking something more, he likes what he likes, and it's obvious. Start reading from 1993 on and still try to tell me with a straight face he isn't completely into females.

His relationship with tim isn't coded for anything but for brotherly type love, there is absolutely no teasing or things to keep you guessing in the almost 30 years he has been around. And no I don't consider the closet panel thst, and yes I read Judd "the activist 1st" say he left it open, but that's where it died, right with winnik then. At the time kon and Cassie just professed their feelings for each other, thst would have to be so out of character all his fans would have been outraged.

I get thst there is tons and I mean tons of fan fic about them, and I know it has a life of its own and those who see it everyday proba ly have the impression he is bi or gay, but thsts the only place he is, and will always be, because there is only so much you can change a character before its not the character anymore.

Now Jon, it was pretty obvious, even when he was with saturn girl he was bi.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

He definitely is very queer coded. With Tim and with Bart as well. Tons of fans have acknowledged it. Writers have as well.

Jesus take this to the fanfic you guys since that’s all it is right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why? It's a legitimate discussion point, especially with the fact that both Tim and Jon, two very related characters, have come out as queer. Besides, if we don't talk about it, how will the creators ever know how much fans want to see it?

Why? It's a legitimate discussion point, especially with the fact that both Tim and Jon, two very related characters, have come out as queer. Besides, if we don't talk about it, how will the creators ever know how much fans want to see it?
    Exactly! Some people just fly into fits at the mere mention of a character being queer though.

And its not like this thread isn't full of what could be called 'fanfic' anyway...
    Last edited by scourge; 11-11-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

It's fine to talk about it. But it's the same issue with Tim becoming Bi, or Bobby being made gay. You're running into a lot of moments of trying to explain away a lot of stories i regard to his reactions to things. Not only his relationship with Cassie and Tanya, but also a lot of discussion by other writers like Jimmy and Amanda who built him into what he was. You could but you're going to have to do it in a way that is not Jean's "Bobby your Gay" moment. Nor Tim's sudden breaking up with Steph suddenly. You need to do the reveal in a way that makes sense in character, and Tim's off the table for now due to his connection to the bat book.

Anybody think superboy might actually been saved by the Legion, but he has to stay in the future to not mess with the time stream. He could help create the Legion, or become much more powerful (TTK).

If he does meet his old YJ friends he could tell them he has been alive in the future for centuries, that would change how his and mggans setting each would feel.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Anybody think superboy might actually been saved by the Legion, but he has to stay in the future to not mess with the time stream. He could help create the Legion, or become much more powerful (TTK).

If he does meet his old YJ friends he could tell them he has been alive in the future for centuries, that would change how his and mggans setting each would feel.
    Hopefully at the very least he gets a Legion Flight ring

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    It's fine to talk about it. But it's the same issue with Tim becoming Bi, or Bobby being made gay. You're running into a lot of moments of trying to explain away a lot of stories i regard to his reactions to things. Not only his relationship with Cassie and Tanya, but also a lot of discussion by other writers like Jimmy and Amanda who built him into what he was. You could but you're going to have to do it in a way that is not Jean's "Bobby your Gay" moment. Nor Tim's sudden breaking up with Steph suddenly. You need to do the reveal in a way that makes sense in character, and Tim's off the table for now due to his connection to the bat book.
    What needs explaining away? Its like real life. Sometimes people just don't realize or understand their attractions and force themselves and fake things because its what gets beat into their head as 'normal' or what's expected of them. They just don't realize it themselves or are in denial until later in life. Wouldn't need to explain away anything at all.

On a small tangent...Tim breaking up with Steph off panel was a little lazy but its hardly the first time they broke up. Of course them magically getting back together via Bendis was lazy as well but that's a discussion for another place.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Hopefully at the very least he gets a Legion Flight ring

I really want a Legion of three Worlds type situation, where both Conner and wally (was Bart), comeback, but Weissman isn't perfect, he makes great cartoons, but won't give what the watching fans want,always going in the opposite direction for his own pleasure
    Last edited by SuperX; 11-11-2021 at 07:54 AM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thst is very cool, love the way you can see his growth as he changes looks.

Take that last titans of tomorrow suit, take the cape off, put on the jacket, and add fingerless gloves, perfect for a non superman adult Conner

Pretty cool. Now I want to see Kon in a tas style show. Bart had a blink and you'll miss it scene that was cut I think.