Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I don't, any of those you spoke of. No capes, UNLESS he is superman, and he won't be. So he needs a altered Reign of the Supermen suit or a YJ show type look, but with a leather jacket and TTK
    Actually I have to say that I am NOT against the cape, IF its not to cheesy..

For example I really really LOVE the black Costume of HYPERION where the cape looks cool-Future State Conner Kent look to bright with the cape and his body-size is also to small and the cape doesnt fit because of it.

Speaking of Telekinesis-I LIKE the Idea of Conner having ALL Kryptonian Powers, BUT replace Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, Super-Breath with Telekinesis.
    In this sense it would make him even more powerful and more variable than other Kryptonians:

-instead of Heat Vision he can practically use TTK Blasts and is able to wield, destroy etc. things by using Telekinesis (Tetsuo from Akira actually punched a big hole in the moon for example with his Telekinesis)
    -He can control things with his mind so he can replace Freeze Breath and Super Breath by controlling Air and water
    -Telekinetic Shields
    -moving objects around without touching them
    -ballistic telekinesis
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    3 Yes, but thats also with Bart and Cassie....Bart is now at similar age as Iris-Jai,
    No he's not. Bart's physically in his late teens, Iris and Jai are physically no older than 12 (all three have accelerated aging, Bart's probably really about 5 and the twins about 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Also, I think the Young Justice crew needs to part ways and find their unique place in the world. Jon needs to discover that he prefers to be the boots on the ground neighbourhood activist like Golden Age Superman. Tim discovers he is a pulp detective from the 40s with a vague connection to occult conspiracies and a mythic and mysterious entity in the streets of Gotham. I don't know what Bart and Cassie would be.
    You just called Conner "Jon", lol.

-Cassie even lost her origin which made her unique (Diana and Donna made out of Clay and Cassie as only daughter of Zeus)
    Not quite. Cassie is now Zeus's granddaughter and Diana became his daughter, but that doesn't really mean Cassie lost her origin, just it's uniqueness. Donna's clay origin is of course also copied, from Diana, as it's a New 52 retcon that's now been undone. She was originally rescued from a fire by Diana and adopted by Hippolyta, becoming Diana's sister.

4. Did you watch YOUNG JUSTICE ANIME SERIES?
    Please don't call it anime, it isn't Japanese.

I like those names. Not fully locked on them but wouldn't be bad. Sentinel still doesn't quite hit the mark for me but it kind of reminds me of Citizen Steel which would be my ideal name if it wasn't already taken
    Sentinel just makes me think of Golden Age Green Lantern, who was called that for a lot of the Johns JSA series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thats a HUGE DISSERVICE for him and TECH was always RIDICULOUS for such a A Class Character like Conner, it DIDNT work during the Kessel Era and it would only be a humiliation for him..
    And Conner is also much much much much much much much much much much much much stronger, faster etc. than Captain America would ever be.

This would actually better for Jonathan...

For Conner I would rather compare Conner to Thor or Hyperion...

I have to say that I also like the Black Costume of Hyperion and it would fit Conner as well...

Actually PERFECT for Conner would be to take the place of SODAM YAT
    So he has all Kryptonian Powers + has the Green Lantern Ring
    Are you insecure about Conner? Why do you have this need for him to be unquestionably the strongest kryptonian and do everything the Justice League does but under a different name?

I hate the idea that Titans, Justice League, Young Justice and Outdsiders all do the same things but with different names. I want them to have different types if missions, different goals.

Titans really was indistinguishable from Justice League until this year. They had different villains and different members, but they did everything the Justice League did, and it became uninteresting.

Now with the Titans Academy they have their own purpose. They are the ones that guide young meta humans and protect the heroes themselves. It's unique and makes them not step on Justice League's toes.

And of course the Outsiders have staple characters. Katana, Black lightning, Metamorpho, Geo Force, Halo. They have other oeople that join at times, and not all of them are always there, but they allare the most consistent members of the team. Black Lightning and Katana are rarely not on the team. These characters need promotion and appreciation and that's what Outsiders does for them. Abd now you want to take it away for no reason?

Last edited by Alpha; 01-15-2021 at 06:45 AM.

RESPECT THESE CHARACTERS.
    Get a different name for Young Jistice that isn't alreadt being used by a team made up of ethnically and culturally diverse group of c listers.

And as far as your opinion that Cold Cases would be too small for this group of characters, I like the idea that Conner, Tim and Cassie look at what the Justice League does and sees all their mistakes.

They are trying to fix the failures of other generations that went unpunished. They are worried about the people that got stomped all over and lost hope and desire for trying to have a better life, and they want to find a way to honor the tragedies of the past. Maybe they hunt down a villain that dissapeared, or try to ressurect someone who the world needs right now, or they travel in time and do the fights that the Justice League were too busy to do, and then erase all memory of their time shenanigans.

I could see the team get into this sort of thing because they end up with an archive of old Justice League cases and find a connection to some current day shenanigans going on and it begs the question, what other 'unfinished business' is out there, old villain lairs or tech, for instance, that could become a threat once again if not checked up on more frequently (oh look, a new wannabe-bad-guy has stumbled on this old Brainiac lair and wants to go into business for himself with this stuff!).

And so they dig through the archive of past missions to find strings that got left hanging as the new crisis du jour kicked the can further down the road for the League, and, through no fault of their own, they couldn't find time to dot the I's and cross the T's.

It could be a fun way to re-examine / re-contextualize some older League missions. (But stick to older missions, I don't want the younger generation to come across as handling follow-up for *current* League missions, like they're some sort of clean-up crew that trails behind to handle the light work!) Plus some of these 'older missions' could be tales that we never saw, so the writer can go nuts. It could even be lampshaded in the story. "I never heard about Brainiac taking over Australia..." "It says here everyone lost their memories of the time when the cyber-virus turned them all into drones. Everybody woke up a day later and nobody knew what had happened!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No he's not. Bart's physically in his late teens, Iris and Jai are physically no older than 12 (all three have accelerated aging, Bart's probably really about 5 and the twins about 2).

You just called Conner "Jon", lol.

Not quite. Cassie is now Zeus's granddaughter and Diana became his daughter, but that doesn't really mean Cassie lost her origin, just it's uniqueness. Donna's clay origin is of course also copied, from Diana, as it's a New 52 retcon that's now been undone. She was originally rescued from a fire by Diana and adopted by Hippolyta, becoming Diana's sister.

Please don't call it anime, it isn't Japanese.

Sentinel just makes me think of Golden Age Green Lantern, who was called that for a lot of the Johns JSA series.
    Actually that DOESNT matter, Iris, Jai, Bart, Wallace, Avery ALL compete for the same spot as next Flash....

OF COURSE Cassie lost her origin, she had the UNIQUE Origin of being Zeus daughter and was now reduced to being only his granddaughter..

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's certainly one focus for them, but with the last few decades of the Justice League as practically living legends that handle the huge Darkseid-level / universe-ending threats and challenges, I feel like a ton of room has opened up for smaller Outsider/Teen Titans type groups to handle the sorts of non-universe-ending threats that are now 'too small' for the Justice League. No need for Perpetua / Eclipso / Nekron / Darkseid / Infinite Crisis / multiversal collapse crap here, just minor stuff like threats to entire cities or nations or species.

Seriously though, more personal scale challenges that affect actual people in the DC world, like weapons trafficking, human trafficking, drug trafficking, etc. and not weird multiversal reality-bending stuff that gets all cosmological and abstract and increasingly not-particularly-scary because it's just that thing that happens every summer where the universe gets all weird and everyone's past changes again. Save the cosmic entities and reality reboots for the big guns and summer events, and there's the other 95% of comic book villains and stories still available for Conner's generation, the same sorts of stories that DC used to use for the Teen Titans, Outsiders and even Justice League before they became 'the pantheon.'
    Here you MUST!! differentiate between Conners Generation, Damians Generation, Nightwings Generation..

The drugs, human trafficking is TO SMALL for Conners Generation who fought against Superboy Prime, Gog...

For Conner, Cassie, Tim and Bart I see more BIGGER Jobs..
    Future State Suicide Squad and Infinite Frontier Suicide Squad with Conner Kent is a GOOD first step for this.
    It takes place on Earth 3, so we might probably see Conner vs Ultraman in a battle.

I actually see Conner, Bart, Tim and Cassie more as darker Versions of the JL who are as strong as their mentors are, but dismiss their Ex-mentors and like more to take on the dirty jobs like with the Suicide Squad, Outsiders etc.

Jobs like saving humans from WarWorld, stopping Mongul from invading Earth etc.

I can't really justify why I don't like Conner not using technology other than an aesthetic thing. Like yeah, he was made in a lab, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would have a proper liking to that type of technology, in fact, I think a part of him would want to compensate for that by leaving a normal humble life. I would say the same of his relationship with Lex Luthor. I think Lex would be coolo if he somehow left part of his estate and of Lexcorp to Conner but Conner didn't really want it and decided to create a worker's company or something like that, where not only did he have nothing to do with it, he was handing a strong business to the people who worked for it while a ruthless and maniacal billionaire got rich off of it, yes, using his intelect, but for selfish causes. These are the type of stories I would like to be told with Conner. Stories that can't be told with any other character in the Superman mythos. I guess the reason why I can't imagine Conner using things like laser guns or robot hands, or force shields is that he dresses up in normal clothes and I liek that part of him. The New 52 suit never took off for me. It looks kinda cool but I think it's a less empathetic direction for him to go in.
    Actually technical stuff etc. is CLEARLY JONATHAN and NOT CONNER...

Technical Items as Super-Character is ridiculous and humiliating, you can use Robins, Batmans etc. for that, but NOT a Kryptonian who is as powerful as Conner is.
    It will only drive Conners reputation more down and make him look ridiculous...

A MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better Idea would be to let him get rid of Freeze Breath, Ice Breath, Heat Vision and give him instead Telekinesis back.
    So basically say that he still has Strenght, Speed, Durability, Senses like other Kryptonians BUT lacks of these 3 powers.
    By doing so you can write PLENTY of stories with it, because he will then be MUCH MORE versatile than the other Kryptonians and also more powerful..

An interesting storyline for Future State could be that he was the traitor, who killed some members of the JL and is therefore now a member of the Suicide Squad.

Are you insecure about Conner? Why do you have this need for him to be unquestionably the strongest kryptonian and do everything the Justice League does but under a different name?

I hate the idea that Titans, Justice League, Young Justice and Outdsiders all do the same things but with different names. I want them to have different types if missions, different goals.

Titans really was indistinguishable from Justice League until this year. They had different villains and different members, but they did everything the Justice League did, and it became uninteresting.

Now with the Titans Academy they have their own purpose. They are the ones that guide young meta humans and protect the heroes themselves. It's unique and makes them not step on Justice League's toes.

And of course the Outsiders have staple characters. Katana, Black lightning, Metamorpho, Geo Force, Halo. They have other oeople that join at times, and not all of them are always there, but they allare the most consistent members of the team. Black Lightning and Katana are rarely not on the team. These characters need promotion and appreciation and that's what Outsiders does for them. Abd now you want to take it away for no reason?
    Preach man, PREACH! I'm so tired of hearing that Conner needs to be the strongest all the time. He doesn't need full kryptoinan powers plus full telekinesis, as he would be overpowered and that would be super boring to read. He should have one or the other, or half and half (50% kryptonian powers plus 50% ttk). Conner doesn't need to be this overwhelmingly powerful god of a character that needs to save the universe every issue. No crime is too small for him to solve.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Preach man, PREACH! I'm so tired of hearing that Conner needs to be the strongest all the time. He doesn't need full kryptoinan powers plus full telekinesis, as he would be overpowered and that would be super boring to read. He should have one or the other, or half and half (50% kryptonian powers plus 50% ttk). Conner doesn't need to be this overwhelmingly powerful god of a character that needs to save the universe every issue. No crime is too small for him to solve.
    WHO said that he should be the strongest of all time?

As I said:
    I am PERFECTLY PERFECTLY PERFECTLY fine with the TT Conner, who is almost perfect for me.
    I LOVED his power-level, his appearance, his relationship with Cassie, his friendship with Bart and Tim, his feats there etc. etc.
    I just want him to be older and therefore more powerful..

OR: Full Kryptonian Powers BUT with Full Telekinesis INSTEAD of Heat Vision, Freeze Breath and Super-Breath...

And in terms of small crimes, YES there are logically things which are too little for him, because what he, Cassie, Bart and Tim now need are feats in order to not completely lose the battle against the others.

1. I NEVER! said that he should be the strongest Kryptonian...
    Like I said MANY times Johns TT Conner was 99% perfect for me.
    I LOVE how he was drawn-I LOVED his attitude there-I LOVED his feats there etc. etc.

He was weaker than Clark, but he was strong enough to earn the respect of the others and he was capable to fight against Superboy Prime, Gog, Doomsday Clone etc.
    So he doesnt have to be as strong as Clark is, but return to his Johns TT Superboy power level and being stronger because of being older.

2. Different goals yes, different missions yes..
    BUT!
    Like I said before:

You have now:

Flash Family: Bart, Iris, Avery, Wallace
    Super-Family: Conner, Jonathan, Kenan
    Bat-Family: Damian, Fox, new Batman, Tim
    Wonder-Family: Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara

You basically have now at least 3 characters who fullfill the role of Wonder Girl/Kid Flash/Superboy...
    and they are all rivals for the same spot, so you also have to make Conners Generation shine and show they are absolutely equal to Diana, Barry, Bruce and Clark.

Thats EXACTLY the thing which ANNOYED me when they arrived to Earth and when Conner encountered Clark and when Bart encountered Avery and Wallace, their feats and legacy was completely deleted.

As Cassie, Conner, Tim and Bart became Teen Titans they respected the Generation before and they were heroes/mentors to them, while Conners Generation were threated as if they were completely rookies even they have years of history behind them..

Lets talk about FACTS: Conners Generation is the one who is in trouble, because the generations before them and after them get massive pushes..
    Yara for example just emerged and already has the place as WONDER WOMAN and will be the new WONDER GIRL and even get a TV SERIES.

3. Thats funny-I DIDNT like anything what was connected to REBIRTH JL, but REBIRTH TITANS was a GREAT Series until it was disbanded..
    I have to say that I HATE the JL and always favored the Titans/TT over them.
    The Titans are the BETTER and more likeable Version of JL-actually their behaviour towards the Titans in Rebirth showed ANOTHER TIME how arrogant and hostile they can be also toward their best friends and family...

I also think that the Titans are the BETTER Versions of their mentors

Tempest BETTER than Aquaman
    Donna IS MORE LIKEABLE than Diana, who I completely find only arrogant
    Nightwing BETTER than Bruce
    Wally CLEARLY better than Barry

And also in terms of behaviour towards each other they are just better...

The JL are far from being perfect (Barry destroying timeline, Batman with Darkseid/Brother Eye/Tower of Babel, Martian Manhunter as he wanted to get rid of the fear of fire....)

4. Cold Cases are to simple for them:
    Its one of the reasons why I prefer Conners Generation taking over the missions of the Outsiders.
    They are just more rewarding and have more prestige...

Better than fight against Z-Class Villains who arent in their league..

Black Lightning, Halo, Katana etc. arent on the level of Conner, Cassie, Bart, Tim...

AND in terms of personal development it makes MUCH more sense that Conner, Cassie, Bart and Tim take over these missions (Feats, Personal Development etc.)
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-15-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Other names for Outsiders would be == club, clique, pack, squad, then add a SUPER or cool adjective to it, thst way you have the same meaning, but don't take another team's name
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Suicide squad #2

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

So kon looks like he did in the Geoff TT days, has power still(solicit and covers), and is on a breakout mission thst might go bad, and he has to decide how far he is willing to go to achieve the goal.

Best solicit this month for me easily.

No sign of less powers.... Yet.

Still a teen, hopefully 19 years old

Hopefully guest spots on the new peacemaker HBOmax show

Wouldn't mind a tweak in his look to more YJ show (season 2 or 3) look for the Squad

Don't mind a drop in power if Waller holds "Shields" over his head to keep him at his normal power levels

Still want YJ show powers, plus a strictly "tactile" version of the new 52 TTK

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Funny cause a lot of us fans of kon say the same about him wearing a cape. A leather jacket is more a part of kons look than a cape will EVER be, it's one of his signatures, like fingerless gloves, and the black and red S.. You start eliminating these signatures you start to lose your character, and they become someone different or just like everyone else.
    I'm definitely team no cape as well, he can keep all the other stuff and the jacket is cool if he's in regular clothes.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm definitely team no cape as well, he can keep all the other stuff and the jacket is cool if he's in regular clothes.

Yep, I'm "needing" black and red S on chest, fingerless gloves, and a black leather jacket, and a non spit curl hairdo(like in the YJ show) to say it looks like kon.