Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    March Sales Estimates (credit to Uncanny X-Man)
    Cable's already ending and X-Factor has no solicits (sadly). There may be some hope for Excalibur getting a reshuffle if it's next on the chopping block.
    I’m sure Tini will find a way to blame everything but her uninspiring, muddled writing as to why it’s a flop. Who would think having all of her characters sullen and irritated almost 24/7 would turn off readers? \_(ツ)_/

This title lacks any kind of joy.

March Sales Estimates (credit to Uncanny X-Man)

10) Demon Days X-Men 1
    21) Children of the Atom 1
    23) X-Men 19
    35) X-Force 18
    37) Deadpool Nerdy 30 (one-shot)
    40) X-Men Legends 2
    43) Wolverine Black White Blood 4
    61) SWORD 4
    67) Hellions 10
    75) Excalibur 19
    84) X-Factor 8
    88) Cable 9

Cable's already ending and X-Factor has no solicits (sadly). There may be some hope for Excalibur getting a reshuffle if it's next on the chopping block.
    Wish we knew actual numbers. If X-Factor is stealth canceled that is sad and we didn't get to see it coming even. It did well on polls here and on Twitter.

It's truly amazing how much character loyalty will do for a book and specifically when it comes to the A lister names. Like based on the recent poll here, I'm surprised to see X-Force so high up ... but it has Wolverine and Jean and Beast and Domino and supposedly Colossus, despite how much Quentin we're seeing. Meanwhile X-Factor has a very B-D lister crew, but such a fascinating plot and very equal usage of all characters. I'm really sad if it's going.

But Rogue leaving Excalibur might just help kill Excalibur. Betsy isn't as popular as Pyslocke. I hate that Gambit is being used for a popular name and totally ignored for character development, unless you count sulking and hanging on Rogue's every need.

Why in Earth would he stay there rather than go to X-Men?! He has no buy in or care for this magic crap.

Yea star power on books is a very real thing. No wonder editors wanted Tini to launch with this team, if we look at Hellions, X-Factor and SWORD numbers. Both great books but their casts are not big draws.

omg she is a perfect fit. It's almost scary.

I just realized, if you switch in the Braddock family (Brian, Meggan, and Maggie) with the roles of Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee so far the story almost wouldn't change at all. That is... sad. There characters are so non-distinctive in a 20+ issue run.

The only one that might be a weird fit is that one Gambit and Candra interaction but otherwise, the characters are written so OOC. I wonder if the original plan was to write a Braddock book but editorial forced Tini to use the 90s members to boost sales. It'd make this book make much more sense.

Anyway I feel for Gambit (and Jubilee and Rictor) fans, that cover is a meta slap in the face.
    You are so right! Ugh.. disgusting situation

Yea star power on books is a very real thing. No wonder editors wanted Tini to launch with this team, if we look at Hellions, X-Factor and SWORD numbers. Both great books but their casts are not big draws.
    Hellions and SWORD are doing better with casts consisting of lesser known characters though. I dont really think "star power" is helping Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hellions and SWORD are doing better with casts consisting of lesser known characters though. I dont really think "star power" is helping Excalibur
    Both have less issues published, specially Sword that is very new book

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Both have less issues published, specially Sword that is very new book
    And? X-Factor has nearly as many issues as Hellions and is the lowest of the team books. The placement of Hellions and Excalibur are not that far off and the difference between actual books sold is likely not that significant. I dont think the characters in these books are having too much impact on the sales. They arent doing X-Force/X-men numbers
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-22-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And? X-Factor has nearly as many issues as Hellions and is the lowest of the team books. The placement of Hellions and Excalibur are not that far off and the difference between actual books sold is likely not that significant. I dont think the characters in these books are having too much impact on the sales. They arent doing X-Force/X-men numbers
    Unfair compare a book on 19 issue while other is on 4th issue, we know that books usually lost some sales through time. Better ompare the position with the same numbering. [Sword isn't doing very well for a 4th issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Unfair compare a book on 19 issue while other is on 4th issue, we know that books usually lost some sales through time. Better ompare the position with the same numbering. [Sword isn't doing very well for a 4th issue
    I focused on Hellions and X-Force in that last post, not SWORD. You keep going back to it

Amazing Member

I have a question. Where are Rogue and Gambit going to live now?, I don't think Rogue is going to live in the lighthouse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    I have a question. Where are Rogue and Gambit going to live now?, I don't think Rogue is going to live in the lighthouse, right?
    Good question. I'm hoping they just live in their house on Krakoa but maybe that doesn't make sense with Remy's situation
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    As Marvel doesn’t do something stupid and nuke their marriage, she has options. They have the beach front property on Krokoa, their New York rooftop flat & couple of houses in New Orleans to choose from. Her new team has 3 members living on the moon so maybe they’ll be lazy and build a few moon apartments for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    As Marvel doesn’t do something stupid and nuke their marriage, she has options. They have the beach front property on Krokoa, their New York rooftop flat & couple of houses in New Orleans to choose from. Her new team has 3 members living on the moon so maybe they’ll be lazy and build a few moon apartments for the rest.
    The way the solicit is written makes it sound like the new X-Men team is stationed out of New York again. But with the gates, that certainly doesn't have to be a base of operations per se. Though being in vastly separate locations hardly makes sense either.

This is why I'm so perplexed. Surely Rogue will move in with the team ... and I just don't see her and Remy living separately. I also don't see him being opposed to her being on the team or feeling more at home in Krakoa than New York. He keeps plenty of close human ties with his Guild family and has never spewed the same anti-human rhetoric that you hear from a few characters lately. That was a major point of disparity between Mags and Rogue really. Her rescuing humans trapped in rubble while Mags was basically annoyed with them distracting her from him was a super poignant way to show why they didn't work.

Gambit and Rogue on the other hand wanted to live amongst humans and mutants alike.

So why is Remy still with flipping Excalibur?! This is the worst.

Would they seriously ban a spouse or someone not voted into the team from hanging around?! None of this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The way the solicit is written makes it sound like the new X-Men team is stationed out of New York again. But with the gates, that certainly doesn't have to be a base of operations per se. Though being in vastly separate locations hardly makes sense either.

This is why I'm so perplexed. Surely Rogue will move in with the team ... and I just don't see her and Remy living separately. I also don't see him being opposed to her being on the team or feeling more at home in Krakoa than New York. He keeps plenty of close human ties with his Guild family and has never spewed the same anti-human rhetoric that you hear from a few characters lately. That was a major point of disparity between Mags and Rogue really. Her rescuing humans trapped in rubble while Mags was basically annoyed with them distracting her from him was a super poignant way to show why they didn't work.

Gambit and Rogue on the other hand wanted to live amongst humans and mutants alike.

So why is Remy still with flipping Excalibur?! This is the worst.

Would they seriously ban a spouse or someone not voted into the team from hanging around?! None of this makes sense.
    In a logical world they would just move back into their New York house. Or, if Krakoa and the sentiments that it has generated makes that unlikely, they would be back in their Krakoa house.

Both Rogue and Gambit are people that want a solid base. Their work might take them on trips around the universe but they want something to return too. Living apart makes no sense. Especially with teleportation in the mix.

Now why they moved to the lighthouse. Why Gambit would stay there or on the team for that matters, are based on factors that only made sense to Tini. I loved the early Excalibur issues of their first volume. There they make a big deal of why they move there and how it affects all of the members. Maybe she was trying for something like that. But those characters where in a different place back then. The world was too. What made sense for them and that story certainly doesn’t now.
    Last edited by Malachi; 04-23-2021 at 04:44 PM.

If I remember correctly, Leah Williams* said that Lorna would continue to live in the Boneyard if she got on the x-men team, so I assumed everyone else's living arrangements would stay the same. Maybe plans have changed since then though.
    Last edited by Dipter; 04-24-2021 at 12:27 AM.