Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Moment #21 (I think?): "Well, that's a fine Hello to the love of your life."
    What: Gambit and Rogue are reunited again for the first time in a while after being summoned to help Psylocke in London. This one might be a little more controversial since it's one-sided, but I always loved this panel, especially considering Rogue & Gambit would be released less than a year later. I also thought it paired kind of well with Thjan's #19

Attachment 111666
    I liked this moment only because it reminds me of magical Harry Potter moment.

Larraz is not drawing X-Men #4 so Gambit should cameo in #2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I liked this moment only because it reminds me of magical Harry Potter moment.

Definitely love the "always" between them. Any time a writer works that in, I smile so big.

Moment #22: Valle Soleado
    What: Having recently lost their powers, Rogue and Gambit have left the X-Men for a while. In this issue they have arrived in Valle Soleado, California, a beach town where humans and mutants live in peace together(for the most part ha, ha). In this moment they talk about settling down and building lives together. They do actually end up staying there for a while too.

Yes, great scene. The lighting is so dramatic and really sets the mood for the dialogue
    Make Good Art

Valle Soleada was such a nice breath of fresh air. The art is funky in places, but I still love it. I really wanted them to get their powers back since it's such part of their identity, and yet seeing them just be together for a while and happy felt so super earned.

Also, Remy saying he'd never settle down and then revealing he really just has wanted someone and somewhere to belong to. He's a character who is naturally contradictory, presenting a false front when something else was always the truth.

But also this line always reminds me of that Rod Stewart song, "You're In My Heart" ... and now you all know how ancient I am. LOL

Ok, this one might be a tad controversial.

Moment #23:
    "You're about to blow off your hand"
    20210724_173802.jpg

Issue: X-Men #81
    What: Gambit returns to the X-Men post Antarctica and Rogue comes out to the boathouse for an awkward reunion.

I was so excited for this issue back in the day, after Gambit had been gone so long, but also super apprehensive because emotions were bound to run high. Considering the last time they saw each other was right after spending the night together for the first time, Remy's past being revealed in a terrible way, and Rogue's abandonment ... yeah I didn't know what to expect.

The issue wasn't exactly all I wanted it to be, but I loved this sequence - Gambit flips down the dock only to be totally thrown off guard by seeing Rogue and completely forgets the charged cards are still in his hands, which she then whispers in his ear, and he ends up drenched. I love how he tries to disarm the situation with humor, even if inside he's so thrown. I also love that Rogue still has it in her to banter, even if she has so much going on emotionally as well.

Ha! Not controversial at all. I love this scene. It says so much about them
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, this one might be a tad controversial.

Moment #23:
    "You're about to blow off your hand"

Issue: X-Men #81
    What: Gambit returns to the X-Men post Antarctica and Rogue comes out to the boathouse for an awkward reunion.

I was so excited for this issue back in the day, after Gambit had been gone so long, but also super apprehensive because emotions were bound to run high. Considering the last time they saw each other was right after spending the night together for the first time, Remy's past being revealed in a terrible way, and Rogue's abandonment ... yeah I didn't know what to expect.
    Yep, I love this issue! I thought it did a good job of their first interactions after the events of the trial. I still remain a bit mad to this day though at the green mist lady not letting Gambit speak at end lol.

Okay and now Moment #24

#24: The Dream Come True
    What: Gamesmaster has captured Jean Grey and made all the other X-Men's dreams come true. Law enforcement and the government are on the side of mutants, Iceman is a renowned heartthrob, Beast has cured the Legacy Virus, Cyclops can control his optic blast, and can you guess what Gambit and Rogue's perfect reality consists of...

...yeah, Nuff Said.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yep, I love this issue! I thought it did a good job of their first interactions after the events of the trial. I still remain a bit mad to this day though at the green mist lady not letting Gambit speak at end lol.

Okay and now Moment #24

#24: The Dream Come True
    What: Gamesmaster has captured Jean Grey and made all the other X-Men's dreams come true. Law enforcement and the government are on the side of mutants, Iceman is a renowned heartthrob, Beast has cured the Legacy Virus, Cyclops can control his optic blast, and can you guess what Gambit and Rogue's perfect reality consists of...

...yeah, Nuff Said.
    This issue was bomb. We need more Gambit and Rogue cooking together. Seriously I live for these crazy little quiet moments. And yeah, how many times has some villain "tricked" these two by putting them into their happy place which is always not-surprisingly *ding, ding, ding* TOGETHER. Like they both want it and know it. Yet every time afterward they act all coy about it ... okay mostly Rogue.

In a lot of ways, I see Gambit pursuing Rogue in the Rogue and Gambit mini as Remy responding to what happened in Soule's Astonishing X-Men and in UA before that and finally trying to confront Rogue about exactly this. Like lady, can we just be honest about what we want?! LOL

This issue was bomb. We need more Gambit and Rogue cooking together. Seriously I live for these crazy little quiet moments. And yeah, how many times has some villain "tricked" these two by putting them into their happy place which is always not-surprisingly *ding, ding, ding* TOGETHER. Like they both want it and know it. Yet every time afterward they act all coy about it ... okay mostly Rogue.
    Yep, I live for those quiet moments too. And I have always enjoyed more character focused stories as well in my entertainment, which is why I am glad I got into comics in the 90s instead of the the '00s or '10s when that kind of stuff took a backseat to plot, editorial agendas, and writing for the trade. I seriously doubt I would have gotten into comics if I had been a kid in those times.

In a lot of ways, I see Gambit pursuing Rogue in the Rogue and Gambit mini as Remy responding to what happened in Soule's Astonishing X-Men and in UA before that and finally trying to confront Rogue about exactly this. Like lady, can we just be honest about what we want?! LOL
    Agreed.

I hope no one minds me doing the next moment since I did the last one. It's just fun.

Moment #25: "Christmas Cat-astrophe!"
    What: Two superheroes, Gambit and Rogue, are defeated by a cat at Christmas(love those last two panels).

Nope, I don't mind at all! Keep that momentum going!

Also, a classic page! I always love a good cat story with them
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I hope no one minds me doing the next moment since I did the last one. It's just fun.

Moment #25: "Christmas Cat-astrophe!"
    What: Two superheroes, Gambit and Rogue, are defeated by a cat at Christmas(love those last two panels).

Don't mind at all! And we're already 1/4 of the way to 100!!! I wonder how many other X-couples have this much material?

Yeah this short was AMAZINGLY cute. It makes me laugh every time. I love seeing the kitties. Merry X-Men was just a total joy overall. Fun to re-read every December.

Hey all, here is a short recap as we count up 100 of Rogue and Gambit's best moments. 25 down! 75 to go!

1."Never use last with us" R&G #4 by KT
    2."The Look" Gambit '99 Nicieza, Issue #5 Of Mice and Men
    3. "Don't sass me none, Gambit." X-Treme X-Men #16&#17 by Claremont
    4. "That's all that matters" carriage ride X-Men #24 by Nicieza
    5. "Girl, don' you ever listen?" Phalanx Space arc UXM #343 Lobdell/Joe Mad
    6. "Along the side of the Angels" X-Men #8 (Post Boysenberry Pie)
    7. "Everything is gonna be alright" blanket on a rooftop UXM #297 Lobdell
    8. "X-Treme trust fall/long walk, short diving board - don't trust anyone" XM #17
    9. "Flying blind" XM #19
    10. "Just hold me" campfire scene Rogue '95 #2
    11. "This...is crazy." "Have you met me?" The Proposal XM: Gold #30
    12. "We make miracles" (knocking on Heaven's door) X-Treme X-Men #18 Claremont
    13. "I knew what side of the fight I wanted to be on." Age of X: X-Men Legacy #246
    14. "A first kiss before the end of the world" Legion Quest XM #41
    15. "In my other pants" AoA: Astonishing X-Men #1
    16. "So. That happened." Reunited and it feels so good! R&G #3 by KT
    17. "Our First. Our Last." Antarctica UXM #348
    18. "Summers Wedding Bouquet & Garter Toss" XM #30
    19. "Trust Me." "Always, Remy." UXM #385 by Claremont
    20. "How much did you hear?" Sabretooth confrontation XM #38
    21. "A fine hello to the love of your life." Astonishing X-Men '17 by Soule
    22. "You are in my heart an' soul." Valle Soleado X-Treme X-Men: X-Pose #2 Claremont
    23. "You're about to blow off your hand" post-Antarctica reunion XM #81
    24. "Dream Come True" Gamesmaster interferes & Romy cooks together X-Men Annual '97
    25."Christmas Cat-astrophe!" Merry X-Men Holiday Special by KT