Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

I'm just happy we're getting some Gambit by Larraz.

Astonishing Member

Not a gambit fan but like him enough so i don't know something can you help me out
    Is Gambit the Househusband type or not.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm just happy we're getting some Gambit by Larraz.
    Word.

Tini sounded like she didn’t fight for Rogue which… huh. And fairly haphazardly for Gambit. Not sure I understand why a writer would not be enthused about the most popular characters on a book, especially if sales are already shaky.

Love that it was at least discussed what would Gambit do with Rogue in service for a year. At least they’re taking the marriage seriously. Hopefully he steals some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not a gambit fan but like him enough so i don't know something can you help me out
    I suppose anyone could be the spouse to hold down fort while the other serves / chases their dream. Like, I love Gambit but he’s not the best to put on the shiney happy world saving team to improve relations with humans when he has a criminal record that goes on for days. And happily still steals - king of thieves and all that. Rogue is perfect as she was leading the X-Men Avengers team to improve relations between mutants and humans in the recent past. So Gambit staying with the X-Men team while not being active to support Rogue (while he’s off stealing when she’s away) is not out of the realm of possibilities. He doesn’t have much else going on (Excalibur doesn’t exactly make sense) keeping him locked in a certain area.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 06-14-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Not as he was introduced but over the years he has matured and evolved with the times. I would say that Gambit these days are more happy, then he used to be, to stay home and spend time with Rogue and the cats. Not that he won't go out stealing, manage his guild or other adventures. He's still a thrill seeker but he has more dimensions and in general is more a stable person these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Word.

Tini sounded like she didn’t fight for Rogue which… huh. And fairly haphazardly for Gambit. Not sure I understand why a writer would not be enthused about the most popular characters on a book, especially if sales are already shaky.

Love that it was at least discussed what would Gambit do with Rogue in service for a year. At least they’re taking the marriage seriously. Hopefully he steals some shit.

I suppose anyone could be the spouse to hold down fort while the other serves / chases their dream. Like, I love Gambit but he’s not the best to put on the shiney happy world saving team to improve relations with humans when he has a criminal record that goes on for days. And happily still steals - king of thieves and all that. Rogue is perfect as she was leading the X-Men Avengers team to improve relations between mutants and humans in the recent past. So Gambit staying with the X-Men team while not being active to support Rogue (while he’s off stealing when she’s away) is not out of the realm of possibilities. He doesn’t have much else going on (Excalibur doesn’t exactly make sense) keeping him locked in a certain area.
    I meant do you think he can just stay home with the cats like they said they thought they would do.If they took him from Excalibur then he would be staying at home full time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Not as he was introduced but over the years he has matured and evolved with the times. I would say that Gambit these days are more happy, then he used to be, to stay home and spend time with Rogue and the cats. Not that he won't go out stealing, manage his guild or other adventures. He's still a thrill seeker but he has more dimensions and in general is more a stable person these days.
    Oh okay .Makes sense.Not really the stay at home type

I meant do you think he can just stay home with the cats like they said they thought they would do.If they took him from Excalibur then he would be staying at home full time
    Nope. He ought to be up to something that serves his own interests. Cats aren't children that need constant attention and Krakao makes it even easier to get around on adventures. Managing the Guild should be #1 on his list. I'd also like to see him being suspicious of/investigating some of the seedier sides of Krakao and what Sinister is up to and/or maybe mentoring some of the kids. Also just having a bit of fun.

Wishful thoughts on Inferno (2.0):

I want Rogue to be in the know (and care) about what is going down with Destiny being denied resurrection. It's driving me nuts we haven't seen her and Mystique together on panel even once since before HoX/PoX! The wedding in Gold 30 in fact was the last time, where they managed to set differences aside.

So would Mystique not feel like she can confide in Rogue or that she wouldn't back her up?

And what would Remy think? Would Rogue pull him into the know? I feel like she would.

He's also going to be on Laura's side when it comes to resurrecting Gabby.

Ready for the Southern duo to "go Rogue" any day now.

Rogue is busy/distracted/off-island with her new gig. Maybe it’s part of the insidious plan to keep the potential nay-sayers occupied.

If anyone has skeptical eyes for Krakoa, it should be Gambit. He and Mystique have a history of working together towards a common goal, using less-than-savory means, see Messiah Complex. Mystique would be better off approaching him than her daughter who just got voted as Most Likely to Succeed. Also, the Marauders (the OG team, not the pirates) murdered all the precogs. Gambit should be wondering where his friends Dan Down, Quiet Bill, and The Witness are. Especially since he was complicit in their deaths.

That being said, I wish Mystique failure in every endeavor. Dishonor on her, dishonor on her cow. Long live Krakoa.

Yes, absolutely, G will be pro-Resurrection for Gabby, and probably any clone. I know Laura is now Wolverine’s daughter, but at the time of Gambit’s big-brothering of Laura, she had clone status. And pretty sure they had a conversation about souls or personhood. Or am I misremembering something? It’s been too long.

I wonder that Gambit didn’t abdicate by going to Krakoa. He is not allowed to be interesting or have anything going for him. I think he will just be in the background building a giant cardboard fort for his cats.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Wishful thoughts on Inferno (2.0):

I want Rogue to be in the know (and care) about what is going down with Destiny being denied resurrection. It's driving me nuts we haven't seen her and Mystique together on panel even once since before HoX/PoX! The wedding in Gold 30 in fact was the last time, where they managed to set differences aside.

So would Mystique not feel like she can confide in Rogue or that she wouldn't back her up?

And what would Remy think? Would Rogue pull him into the know? I feel like she would.

He's also going to be on Laura's side when it comes to resurrecting Gabby.

Ready for the Southern duo to "go Rogue" any day now.
    Agreed on pretty much all of this.

I wonder if Mystique would pull Rogue in or not as well, but partly for her safety. I feel like Mystique has to know that there is a big risk in whatever she has planned and that bringing Rogue into it could put her in the pit like Sabretooth or worse.

However, you never know with Mystique. She might care more about Destiny that she would be willing to accept the risk.

I feel like Rogue might not want to pull Gambit in for his own safety as well, but knowing Gambit, he would find out and help anyway
    Make Good Art

Yeah ... keeping Rogue busy could be intentional. Though with all the portals it's hard to totally buy that Mystique couldn't get Rogue involved if she wanted to. Unless she just think's she's too bought in.

Screenshot_20210623-060515_Comics.jpg

Look at Rogue and Laura kicking butt together!

And then there is THIS (hear my deep disgruntled sigh):
    IMG_20210623_175827.jpg

gambitrogue1.jpg

Missing them terribly. Excited to see Rogue next week and hopeful for some Gambit cameos.

Since Marvel hasn't been giving us much good new material to work with for them, thought it might be fun to do a "100 of Rogue and Gambit's best moments" in no particular order.

So I start with the panels above for #1:

What: Rogue and Gambit with swapped powers (and eye colors) after absorbing each other's golems, share a kiss before Gambit tells Rogue to "Never use last with us."

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Since Marvel hasn't been giving us much good new material to work with for them, thought it might be fun to do a "100 of Rogue and Gambit's best moments" in no particular order.

So I start with the panels above for #1:

What: Rogue and Gambit with swapped powers (and eye colors) after absorbing each other's golems, share a kiss before Gambit tells Rogue to "Never use last with us."
    That is a great moment! Is this 100 moments thing something you are doing or something all of us can participate in? I'm happy and looking forward to it either way.

The composition of these panels reminds me of this from the Nicieza run. So good! I miss these moments

EFEE4C05-A897-481E-AC4A-A9F5F008DCFC.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    That is a great moment! Is this 100 moments thing something you are doing or something all of us can participate in? I'm happy and looking forward to it either way.
    Oh yes, all welcome to participate! Group project!

Just help me keep track of the count.