Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1119
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    No kidding. Well then I suppose we are at an impasse.

And if you don't like Gambit, why are you hanging out in an appreciation thread about the character? Doesn't make much sense.
    I like him enough, and I have grown to like the relationship as well.I'm just not you would call a die-hard fan.

Moment #65.

"Did ya ever think about having a family or anything like that?"

Issue: Cable #20
    What: A somewhat more obscure issue in the LegionQuest storyline right before Age of Apocalypse that fills in some scenes. Gambit just had an argument with Cable and is off to fume. There's a kind of helpless frustration and impotence to his attitude. Rogue seems to have come to a full realization that they are likely facing the end, with no possible options left to right the situation. Her thoughts dwell on everything that might have been, regrets and maybe wishes? It's interesting that Remy states to her that he's given up dwelling on things that he can't have. Rogue is hurt by his answer ... maybe she takes this to mean because of her powers he can't envision this possibility for himself with her? Though really it seems more of a judgement on himself. In the caption, it indicates he is evading the truth of what he feels about this topic and Rogue.

He feels bad and chases after her, leading into the next issue where they kiss and the world ends.
    I miss hotheaded Remy. As long as he doesnít run off and become Death or try to punch Apocalypse or something.

You ever get the feeling he is very sour grapes about things he perceives he canít have or doesnít deserve? Especially in regards to having a family. It came up before, in the Gambit mini moment.

I remember this issue well, I stared at this page a long long time rolling around in teen angst. I like the Lee-like art.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I miss hotheaded Remy. As long as he doesn’t run off and become Death or try to punch Apocalypse or something.

You ever get the feeling he is very sour grapes about things he perceives he can’t have or doesn’t deserve? Especially in regards to having a family. It came up before, in the Gambit mini moment.

I remember this issue well, I stared at this page a long long time rolling around in teen angst. I like the Lee-like art.
    You bring up a good point that I hadn't even realized: Remy's not a hot-head anymore. He's more calm than he has been in the past. I definitely kind of miss that element to him. It made him feel a little more dangerous, reckless.

I think he's very sour grapes about things he can't have. There were plenty of scenes in AoA alone that proves this.
    Make Good Art

I miss hotheaded Remy. As long as he doesnít run off and become Death or try to punch Apocalypse or something.

You ever get the feeling he is very sour grapes about things he perceives he canít have or doesnít deserve? Especially in regards to having a family. It came up before, in the Gambit mini moment.

Yeah I think 90s Gambit especially has an air of feeling all at once undeserving of things like family, home, love and acceptance while also being bitter about not having them.

I always remember that chat he had with Scott while helping him and Jean move their belongings into the boathouse. Like he's clearly envious of Scott being married and having a home. Yet he can't picture himself getting there.

Incredible Member

Moment #65.

"Did ya ever think about having a family or anything like that?"

Attachment 113838
    Issue: Cable #20
    What: A somewhat more obscure issue in the LegionQuest storyline right before Age of Apocalypse that fills in some scenes. Gambit just had an argument with Cable and is off to fume. There's a kind of helpless frustration and impotence to his attitude. Rogue seems to have come to a full realization that they are likely facing the end, with no possible options left to right the situation. Her thoughts dwell on everything that might have been, regrets and maybe wishes? It's interesting that Remy states to her that he's given up dwelling on things that he can't have. Rogue is hurt by his answer ... maybe she takes this to mean because of her powers he can't envision this possibility for himself with her? Though really it seems more of a judgement on himself. In the caption, it indicates he is evading the truth of what he feels about this topic and Rogue.

He feels bad and chases after her, leading into the next issue where they kiss and the world ends.
    You know I never really was able to place Why Jim Leeís art is so good and then i realized itís the shadows. He does such a good job with shading that really makes things like hair and clothes so good. Rogue and Remy really look really nice. Jim Leeís main skill was shading IMO.

Incredible Member

My whole thing with both Rogue and Remy was I believe they wanted family because they wanted a place that is thereís a ďguaranteed spot at the tableĒ so to speak. I think their urning to be a family was wholesome but itís them who ends up keeping themselves apart

AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didn’t get around to working on?

Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and I’m pretty bummed about that. We just didn’t have the real estate. I almost asked for an additional issue or even bigger issues, but the former came with calendar/scheduling problems, and the latter wasn’t possible without bringing in another artist. So I had to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didn’t get around to working on?

Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and I’m pretty bummed about that. We just didn’t have the real estate. I almost asked for an additional issue or even bigger issues, but the former came with calendar/scheduling problems, and the latter wasn’t possible without bringing in another artist. So I had to move on.
    Got it. Don’t let several decades’ worth of character development get in the way of telling a story.

Why did G&R have to come to Krakoa at all? Couldn’t they have just been left in their TriBeCa love nest these last few years? Literally nothing would have altered the Krakoa storyline without their presence. MMX could have continued, or some iteration that involved characters not participating in the Krakoa Kommune. I’m not a Krakoa hater, but for all the fans who aren’t buying into it, why did we wait til Duggan’s XMen to have a mutant superhero team? Instead of alienating old fans or confusing new or lapsed ones?

AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didnít get around to working on?

Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and Iím pretty bummed about that. We just didnít have the real estate. I almost asked for an additional issue or even bigger issues, but the former came with calendar/scheduling problems, and the latter wasnít possible without bringing in another artist. So I had to move on.
    Yeah ... and this is kind of why I'm feeling like ... don't let the door hit your ass on the way out with Hickman. LOL

Seriously though?!? You're going to tell a Mystique and Destiny story and not give Rogue a single $@# panel? Their DAUGHTER?!?!

Rogue and Mystique haven't even acknowledged each other ONCE in this era. Not since MMX.

Ughhh ... so, SO frustrating.

Even Nightcrawler and her have spoken.

Meanwhile I bet we'll get plenty of Emma, Scott, Jean, and Wolverine, and Magneto stuffed in there.

I was so up for this Inferno story ... and now? I dunno, maybe I'll just skip it.

Makes that fic I wrote while pissed off feel all the more relevant.

Got it. Don’t let several decades’ worth of character development get in the way of telling a story.

Why did G&R have to come to Krakoa at all? Couldn’t they have just been left in their TriBeCa love nest these last few years? Literally nothing would have altered the Krakoa storyline without their presence. MMX could have continued, or some iteration that involved characters not participating in the Krakoa Kommune. I’m not a Krakoa hater, but for all the fans who aren’t buying into it, why did we wait til Duggan’s XMen to have a mutant superhero team? Instead of alienating old fans or confusing new or lapsed ones?
    Exactly. This era has done absolutely nothing for either of them. It's added nothing meaningful to their stories or continuity. They haven't made new connections.

We lost MMX for THIS.

Hickman could debate the merits of not including Rogue. He would probably win it. Still he created the setting. The story. Everything but the actual characters.

Why tell these stories. Why use the characters?

Destiny and Mystique are interesting. Yet a big part of what makes them interesting is their connection to Rogue and Nightcrawler. If you want to craft a story like this and not use the parts that fans are most invested in I wonder why tell the story? Why tell it as a part of the x-men franchise if you don’t want to use Anna. If he had used her elsewhere it might be easier to understand the reasons. As it is now it certainly reads like Hickman isn’t interested in Rogue. Just everything around her(he even references Mike Carey’s run again) with the exception of Remy of course.

Well, we'll always have this moment:

Thanks, Professor Carey.

well, Inferno just went from, "definitely buying" to "waiting for the reviews"
    Make Good Art

I think it's because Hickman is very controlling. Or at least that's how he comes off from his comments about wanting to release only X-Men for a while and then slowly releasing the other books. He needed to have all of the toys from the toy-chest, which included Gambit and Rogue, who he never really had any intention of ever using.
    Make Good Art

Mystique threw her other kids in the dumpster but adopted Rogue. Rogue is her and Irene's chosen child. I can't think of a canonical reason Rogue wouldn't be involved in this unless she was stuck in the Phantom Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, we'll always have this moment:

Thanks, Professor Carey.
    I'm still annoyed we didn't get any follow up thought bubbles or conversations about that. She hugged her dead Mom!