Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 534
  1. #346
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can Kelly Thompson come back already.

    Excalibur Rogue and Gambit are so blah its not even funny.

    I feel like they were editorially put there to "help" with sales.
    Please no, I would rather someone whose vision for Gambit hasn't already been shown. If KT had started the Romy series like she ended it then perhaps they would have never ended up with Howard. It took far too long for Gambit to be anything other than Alfred to Rogue's Batman.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  2. #347
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Heard it from our buddy, Peach, no Gambit and little Rogue in today's issue. So might as well save yourself the disappointment if you had any notion of seeing them.

    Ready for a change on this book. When is the next round of solicts? And what do you think the month break is going to mean, if anything?

  3. #348
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Solaris
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Heard it from our buddy, Peach, no Gambit and little Rogue in today's issue. So might as well save yourself the disappointment if you had any notion of seeing them.

    Ready for a change on this book. When is the next round of solicts? And what do you think the month break is going to mean, if anything?
    Isn't the break just for the Hellfire Gala? I thought Hickman or White said something about all of the books needing to do some shuffling around on release dates for that.
    Make Good Art

  4. #349
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    423

    Default

    The issue is pretty heavy (if suicide upsets you, skip the issue!) but happy to get Malice’s backstory and why she is like how she is. It really is one of Tini’s best issues. Just very little Rogue (but she does rock a pair of cute jeans) and no Gambit at all. But also no Rictor thank christ.

    Isn't the break just for the Hellfire Gala?
    Yeah, the May skip is only to get the titles all in line with Met Gala event. Was hoping we’d seen Gambit’s design in the preview or something but we got nada. But I got the digital copy, maybe the paper has a sneak peak?
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 04-07-2021 at 09:08 AM.

  5. #350
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    But also no Rictor thank christ.


    Y
    I nearly spit my drink. hahaha

  6. #351
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    The issue is pretty heavy (if suicide upsets you, skip the issue!) but happy to get Malice’s backstory and why she is like how she is. It really is one of Tini’s best issues. Just very little Rogue (but she does rock a pair of cute jeans) and no Gambit at all. But also no Rictor thank christ.
    LOL Second that. Even seeing the spoilers on Twitter it's not grabbing me and I just don't care much for Malice to begin with. Better I stay away from it probably or I'll just want to gripe. Let the people who enjoy it enjoy it.


    Yeah, the May skip is only to get the titles all in line with Met Gala event. Was hoping we’d seen Gambit’s design in the preview or something but we got nada. But I got the digital copy, maybe the paper has a sneak peak?
    Besides Cable, is anything else skipping May? Just foolishly hoping it means some kind of change in team or writer. Ha ... no dice probably. I have to remind myself we had to endure 36 issues of Gold which really had only one great issue. I guess at least now Rachel and Kate are making up for that in this era. Rachel's appearing in flipping everything now and no fainting or possessions. I have a bad feeling Excalibur 1-6 WAS the Romy arc for this title and ... yikes if that's the case. The one before this was all Apocalypse/X of Swords. This arc was all Betsy. Meh.

  7. #352
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL Second that. Even seeing the spoilers on Twitter it's not grabbing me and I just don't care much for Malice to begin with. Better I stay away from it probably or I'll just want to gripe. Let the people who enjoy it enjoy it.




    Besides Cable, is anything else skipping May? Just foolishly hoping it means some kind of change in team or writer. Ha ... no dice probably. I have to remind myself we had to endure 36 issues of Gold which really had only one great issue. I guess at least now Rachel and Kate are making up for that in this era. Rachel's appearing in flipping everything now and no fainting or possessions. I have a bad feeling Excalibur 1-6 WAS the Romy arc for this title and ... yikes if that's the case. The one before this was all Apocalypse/X of Swords. This arc was all Betsy. Meh.
    Concerning the Malice plot: if you like that her name is Alice Macalister it’s for you. Otherwise not so much.

  8. #353
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    IMG_20210408_102352.jpg

    Holy crap ... please let this mean they can escape Excalibur! I would gladly take my chances with Duggan or Leah right now. They'd give us a better Rogue and Gambit can't really get much worse than he's been treated thus far. Let them be X-Men again. Or perhaps one of these will be a new Uncanny or Exiles?!

  9. #354
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    IMG_20210408_102352.jpg

    Holy crap ... please let this mean they can escape Excalibur! I would gladly take my chances with Duggan or Leah right now. They'd give us a better Rogue and Gambit can't really get much worse than he's been treated thus far. Let them be X-Men again. Or perhaps one of these will be a new Uncanny or Exiles?!
    Maybe Rogue? I’m wonder if Daughtmenn (sp?) personally doing Rogue’s Gala look rather than To means she’s important to the event. Although he did Betsy’s as well and I can’t imagine why she’s be relevant

  10. #355
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,441

  11. #356
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Aint that an old pic from Uncanny Avengers? At the very least this tweet sorta confirms that his book will be the home of the new X-men team

  12. #357
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Yeah, looks like it's an old pic from UA.

    BUT it certainly looks like a tease that Rogue will be there. Would Duggan be this cruel?

  13. #358
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yeah, looks like it's an old pic from UA.

    BUT it certainly looks like a tease that Rogue will be there. Would Duggan be this cruel?
    YES!!! I hope this is true! But I hope Gambit can come with her if so. He's arguably been treated worse in Excalibur than Rogue, though neither has gotten their due there.

    I'm a little nervous still. Got bit burned with Duggan's teases in the past. Sometimes things aren't what they seem. But I think he could do them justice. At least they would be kicking butt again and the little bit of Rogue and Gambit he did give us was decently good.

  14. #359
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    534

    Default

    It would be great if Rogue gets to leave Excalibur. She deserves so much better.

    It will be hillarious if Gambit stays. With Rogue gone there goes pretty much all of his interactions and motivation. As close to non existant as they are.

  15. #360
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,640

    Default

    t9ydzym469231.jpg

    Duggan wrote a decent Gambit and he can write a good action scene. He already has a proven track record with Rogue.

    Dunno though ... this might not mean anything about Rogue. And Romy isn't necessarily a package deal. I'm just desperate for them to get out of Excalibur.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-09-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •