Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    LOL That account is great.

Duggan can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Duggan can't be trusted.
    ↑↑↑ This ↑↑↑

While it might be good for Rogue, I can't trust the guy when it comes to Gambit or Romy.

Okay ... but we trust Tini?

I mean, Duggan only technically wrote Gambit once for real. And those few pages have more accurate characterization for Gambit than 90% of what we've gotten in Excalibur. Are we really still THAT mad about the fake out? Yes, it was dissapointing. But from a narrative perspective a cool plot point.

And yes, Duggan has said he likes them better as exes. But that was back when he had Rogue as a free agent. It worked at that juncture. Doesn't mean he's at liberty to split them up now if that's not what the X-office wants. I think he could write them well as a couple. It's not that different than writing them as exes to be honest. No reason to toss out the delicious tension and fun teasing, just give it some new causation. It'd be way less milquetoast than what Tini is giving us.

It's a risk for sure, but so is any new writer which is inevitable. And at this point we need a shakeup. Excalibur isn't getting them anywhere.

I'm usually all for patience and giving a writer time to tell their story and settle into the characters. But it's been 20 issues! We're approaching two years of failing to get to the point of why they're in the book or doing anything to draw in the audience for these two characters. It's time to move on.

The other thought ... if characters get poached from enough existing X-Books to create these new teams and Romy don't go to X-Men, that means potential openings for moving characters around to other books and letting them go elsewhere.

I don't think we're getting any new writers in the X-line sadly. (Cates, Thompson, Taylor, etc) or other new books. So where else can they go?

I would gladly see them in Marauders just on the whole premise of piracy being a fun idea for them. But that's also Duggan. Unless the book is ending or changing writers.

X-Force ... would be interesting under different circumstances, but I can't get too excited about them going there to be killed every other issue and tread into some morally bankrupt water on behalf of Krakoa's shady dealings. I just don't buy it for them.

New Mutants doesn't fit their age.

X-Factor isn't a great fit either for their abilities given their current death investigations premise and that team is already pretty well rostered. What Leah's doing there works well, but it wouldn't suit them.

CotA ... maybe for a guest appearance, but not a good fit long term and probably not slated for that many issues anyway.

Way of X - Ok I'd actually love to see them guest here because I'm really liking the premise of challenging the status quo on Krakoa. It just doesn't seem a likely fit or that it will be a long run.

S.W.O.R.D. - Romy in space and off Krakoa? Under a great writer like Ewing? I wish. Plus getting to team up with Frenzy again. But I'll pass on more Magneto or Rogue anywhere in his orbit. I don't think Ewing would gravitate to them quite frankly. He seems to enjoy characters who are less known.

The Trial ... whatever that is going to be ... seems like a no thanks. If it's a literal trial, I suppose Rogue did study pre-law? Right? Ehhh. If it's more like Trial by combat ... I ... yeah ... I dunno. Remy you just stay away from any more "trials".

And Hickman's book: You already know it's about pushing the current agenda forward. Maybe Moira? Mystique? Probably not a regular team book. Better he doesn't know Romy exist. Cyclops is just his kind of guy.

Hellions - Also an interesting place to guest appear, but obviously not a good fit.

X-Corp? That doesn't bear consideration at this point. If she couldn't make them interesting in Excalibur, the last thing they need is to become corporate underlings to Monet.

I mean ... these are all the options we have. That or they continue to look cute and do nothing in Excalibur. Or have no book at all and no place in a highly popular era for X-Men.

I'm willing to give Duggan a chance over no book or more Excalibur. He writes great action sequences if nothing else and that's a place where both characters shine.

Also, X-Men is a flagship title and likely to get support and stability for sales on the name alone.

I mean It'll probably just be more Scott, Jean, and Logan though so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Okay ... but we trust Tini?

I mean, Duggan only technically wrote Gambit once for real. And those few pages have more accurate characterization for Gambit than 90% of what we've gotten in Excalibur. Are we really still THAT mad about the fake out? Yes, it was dissapointing. But from a narrative perspective a cool plot point.

And yes, Duggan has said he likes them better as exes. But that was back when he had Rogue as a free agent. It worked at that juncture. Doesn't mean he's at liberty to split them up now if that's not what the X-office wants. I think he could write them well as a couple. It's not that different than writing them as exes to be honest. No reason to toss out the delicious tension and fun teasing, just give it some new causation. It'd be way less milquetoast than what Tini is giving us.

It's a risk for sure, but so is any new writer which is inevitable. And at this point we need a shakeup. Excalibur isn't getting them anywhere.

I'm usually all for patience and giving a writer time to tell their story and settle into the characters. But it's been 20 issues! We're approaching two years of failing to get to the point of why they're in the book or doing anything to draw in the audience for these two characters. It's time to move on.

The other thought ... if characters get poached from enough existing X-Books to create these new teams and Romy don't go to X-Men, that means potential openings for moving characters around to other books and letting them go elsewhere.

I don't think we're getting any new writers in the X-line sadly. (Cates, Thompson, Taylor, etc) or other new books. So where else can they go?

I would gladly see them in Marauders just on the whole premise of piracy being a fun idea for them. But that's also Duggan. Unless the book is ending or changing writers.

X-Force ... would be interesting under different circumstances, but I can't get too excited about them going there to be killed every other issue and tread into some morally bankrupt water on behalf of Krakoa's shady dealings. I just don't buy it for them.

New Mutants doesn't fit their age.

X-Factor isn't a great fit either for their abilities given their current death investigations premise and that team is already pretty well rostered. What Leah's doing there works well, but it wouldn't suit them.

CotA ... maybe for a guest appearance, but not a good fit long term and probably not slated for that many issues anyway.

Way of X - Ok I'd actually love to see them guest here because I'm really liking the premise of challenging the status quo on Krakoa. It just doesn't seem a likely fit or that it will be a long run.

S.W.O.R.D. - Romy in space and off Krakoa? Under a great writer like Ewing? I wish. Plus getting to team up with Frenzy again. But I'll pass on more Magneto or Rogue anywhere in his orbit. I don't think Ewing would gravitate to them quite frankly. He seems to enjoy characters who are less known.

The Trial ... whatever that is going to be ... seems like a no thanks. If it's a literal trial, I suppose Rogue did study pre-law? Right? Ehhh. If it's more like Trial by combat ... I ... yeah ... I dunno. Remy you just stay away from any more "trials".

And Hickman's book: You already know it's about pushing the current agenda forward. Maybe Moira? Mystique? Probably not a regular team book. Better he doesn't know Romy exist. Cyclops is just his kind of guy.

Hellions - Also an interesting place to guest appear, but obviously not a good fit.

X-Corp? That doesn't bear consideration at this point. If she couldn't make them interesting in Excalibur, the last thing they need is to become corporate underlings to Monet.

I mean ... these are all the options we have. That or they continue to look cute and do nothing in Excalibur. Or have no book at all and no place in a highly popular era for X-Men.

I'm willing to give Duggan a chance over no book or more Excalibur. He writes great action sequences if nothing else and that's a place where both characters shine.

Also, X-Men is a flagship title and likely to get support and stability for sales on the name alone.

I mean It'll probably just be more Scott, Jean, and Logan though so don't worry.
    Let Duggan write Rogue and just let him know that heís not allowed to touch the marriage. A good writer doesnít have to use romance when writing a character. If Duggan wantís to use Gambit then he should. If not then just focus on other aspects of Rogue and her life.

It can be a good opportunity for people that thinks the marriage lumps them together to see that they donít have to be together to still be together =)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Let Duggan write Rogue and just let him know that heís not allowed to touch the marriage. A good writer doesnít have to use romance when writing a character. If Duggan wantís to use Gambit then he should. If not then just focus on other aspects of Rogue and her life.

It can be a good opportunity for people that thinks the marriage lumps them together to see that they donít have to be together to still be together =)
    They don't have to be together. But there has to be a narrative reason to send them different directions. I mean, that's a good question I guess. If Rogue got voted onto X-Men and Gambit did not, or vice versa, what does one do with the other character?

There's not another plausible book to send them to aside from maybe X-Force or Marauders. Or let them remain even more stagnant in Excalibur.

Kinda sucks we won't know until June.

I wish we had some idea of current sales to at least know the likelihood that some of these books will continue or not.

I think Marauders or SWORD would be their best bets if they were to migrate to another book as a couple.

For SWORD, them being awkward around Magneto could be annoying but I trust Ewing enough to work around that. I see Magneto filling the Xavier position of the team, being more of a background leader than getting involved in the field very often, so hopefully that would cut interactions with them and him. That said, SWORD is already packed with main and secondary characters so it'd be tough to fit them in there and it's such a new series I can't see it reshuffling anytime soon.

Marauders would be a much easier to write them in. We know Storm is leaving, so there's a free spot open there unless Callisto permanently fills it. Gambit has his ties to the Thieves Guild which writes itself and Rogue's always been a... well, rogue, so again being a pirate's not too far out there. Lots of good connections on the team as well with Gambit, Rogue, Iceman and Bishop all serving on various teams together.

If they were on separate teams...

I could see Gambit fit with the Hellions team I think... it would be interesting to see him interacting with Greycrow and Sinister again. Remy's always walked a more grey area than Rogue since her reform. My only issue is I wouldn't enjoy seeing Remy getting led around his nose again by a villain, not after the debacle with Apocalypse. Maybe Gambit could mirror what Rogue did with the Adjectivesless team with the Hellions, in that he's keeping his friends close but enemies closer type of thing? Poor Havok and Kwannon need all the help they can get.

With Rogue I'd still like to see her on X-Factor, especially if Lorna leaves. Honestly that book needs more A and B list X-Men to give it legs, as much as I love the cast none of them are big draws. I agree with AppleJ that her powers aren't a perfect fit since they investigate death but her memory absorption could still be useful on the living as a sort of back-up telepath. Plus more muscle never hurt anyone. Plotwise maybe Mystique gets her into the job because she asked Rogue to investigate inconsistencies within Krakoa on the side? An undercover directive from a council member, that would be neat IMO.

For what it's worth, the krakoan tease for the next Excalibur issue means "Breaking up". Next issue is the Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    They don't have to be together. But there has to be a narrative reason to send them different directions. I mean, that's a good question I guess. If Rogue got voted onto X-Men and Gambit did not, or vice versa, what does one do with the other character?

There's not another plausible book to send them to aside from maybe X-Force or Marauders. Or let them remain even more stagnant in Excalibur.

Kinda sucks we won't know until June.

I wish we had some idea of current sales to at least know the likelihood that some of these books will continue or not.
    Normally I would agree with you but after 20 issues of Excalibur my expecations on that are very low. Other then that lets just have Rogue realise they need her for a specific reason. Then have Gambit wish her good luck(in his own style).

Duggan promised here on forum that Gambit would appear in UA to help fight Red Skull and even added line where Rogue asks Deadpool to find Remy but it never happened in comics.
    He lied to a Romy fan on twitter that she would love UA ending and need to buy it. Later everyone figured out that Rogue and Wade kissed in it. So nothing good for Romy fan in it.
    That is why he can't be trusted.

Also this link shows what he thinks about comics readers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boundin...fed-dicks/amp/
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-10-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Duggan promised here on forum that Gambit would appear in UA to help fight Red Skull and even added line where Rogue asks Deadpool to find Remy but it never happened in comics.
    He lied to a Romy fan on twitter that she would love UA ending and need to buy it. Later everyone figured out that Rogue and Wade kissed in it. So nothing good for Romy fan in it.
    That is why he can't be trusted.

Also this link shows what he thinks about comics readers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boundin...fed-dicks/amp/
    OMG. I really dont trust his word, there is more examples of him lying.
    He did it twice with Remy fans, I really dont get why do it: make a fan look forward and maybe even spend some bucks on it.
    I get that him doesn't like Remy and tried to hook up Rogue with Johnny Storm and even Deadpool. Very randoms hook ups because he doesn't like Gambit

I remember that exchange, Duggan could had ignored the gif as it wasnt for him. At the end the reader was so right about x of swords
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-10-2021 at 11:44 AM.

I certainly don't support a creator outright lying to fans, would anyone have a link to those tweets/posts from Duggan?

But with respect to creators interacting with fans... creators are also regular people, if a random guy shits all over their work with rolling eyes gifs or downright insults them are they supposed to what? Be the bigger person and just take it all the time? Ignore them? You talk shit to other people on the Internet, be ready to take as well as you give.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I certainly don't support a creator outright lying to fans, would anyone have a link to those tweets/posts from Duggan?

But with respect to creators interacting with fans... creators are also regular people, if a random guy shits all over their work with rolling eyes gifs or downright insults them are they supposed to what? Be the bigger person and just take it all the time? Ignore them? You talk shit to other people on the Internet, be ready to take as well as you give.
    It's just a tweet with a gif rolling eyes. Duggan threatened the career of the person over it, it was overreaction. There is a better way to approach that like warn the person that he should untag him to post his reaction, otherwise it was not very respectiful post that gidf with him tagged

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's just a tweet with a gif rolling eyes. Duggan threatened the career of the person over it, it was overreaction. There is a better way to approach that like warn the person that he should untag him to post his reaction, otherwise it was not very respectiful post that gidf with him tagged
    The part in bold is a gross exaggeration come on. He responded to sarcasm with sarcasm.