Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 795
  1. #616
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I guess this must be Gambit having "plans". I hope it actually lives up to this amazing art. It's exactly the kind of shenanigans we'd expect to see Remy up to. Kind of ridiculous it's been this long and took losing Rogue for him to do anything, but I'm going to try to go into this next arc with a positive and hopeful attitude since he's stuck here.
    I like To's art but nothing over 21 issue + events from Tini gave a smallest hint that I should give Excalibur a second chance.
    I won't buy it and won't support it.

  2. #617
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like To's art but nothing over 21 issue + events from Tini gave a smallest hint that I should give Excalibur a second chance.
    I won't buy it and won't support it.
    To be 100% honest I will probably wait for reviews/spoilers to decide if I'm buying this next arc. Otherwise I have a few friends who are nice enough to share.

    Likewise, I'm hesitant to support this any further. I haven't bought an issue since before X of Swords, but have shared with friends or reviewed spoiler reviews just to keep up in what's happening (spoilers, nothing).

    I'd like to have more to discuss about these two, but literally so many fans have left the thread because Tini's made their storyline so boring and frustrating.

    I dunno, maybe we can revisit some of our favorites of old Romy storylines to pass the time and have something positive to talk about.

  3. #618
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    You did a great and fun support with Gambit steal and Rogue absorb games.

    I think most people is out because they are frustraited with current Romy book and don't want just to repite the same negative reaction or problem of Excalibur.

    Hopefully Rogue will be great in X-Men and it would give fans something to talk about.

  4. #619
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-14-2021 at 05:48 AM.

  5. #620
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.
    Thanks Purp! This interview answer actually went a long way to cheer me up. I sure hope it lives up to what it seems to promise for these two. I'm super skeptical, but want nothing more than to see Tini and Gerry prove me wrong. So I'm going to be hopeful.

    I'm really glad to know Gambit has at least a cameo in X-Men so he's not forgotten. Makes it easier to look forward to this title and fully enjoy Rogue's success.

    It's funny, it's like these are my kids and it's hard to be 100% happy when just one is thriving if the other is struggling. You tend to focus on the needy one more.

  6. #621
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Hasn't Excalibur gotten better since the end of XofSwords though? Part of me thought, what brought her writing down was that she had to set up that whole XoS event and Apocalypse (which left no room for Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee). Really hoping that she can redeem herself with Gambit.

  7. #622
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Thanks Purp! This interview answer actually went a long way to cheer me up. I sure hope it lives up to what it seems to promise for these two. I'm super skeptical, but want nothing more than to see Tini and Gerry prove me wrong. So I'm going to be hopeful.

    I'm really glad to know Gambit has at least a cameo in X-Men so he's not forgotten. Makes it easier to look forward to this title and fully enjoy Rogue's success.

    It's funny, it's like these are my kids and it's hard to be 100% happy when just one is thriving if the other is struggling. You tend to focus on the needy one more.
    I don`t believe Jordan. His answer was just to try and keep Gambit fans to buy a book where he is a wallpaper as best.

    Remember when Tini told that Rogue would be very important in latest Betsy/Excalibur arc and we will understand why she is in Excalibur. And then nothing happened and Rogue did nothing.

    Right now I am sure that Tini doesn`t understand how bad she is writing her cast and for some reasons Editors don`t care or a fine with that style of writing.

  8. #623
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    I probably will leave forums for a while. Comics with my favorite characters should bring joy but I only get frustration.

    I want MMX forums to be a kind and funny place as it should be. Romy is a fun couple and I am sure that sooner or later we will have a project that will unite Romy fans and we all will be happy.

    Stay safe everyone and be kind to your beloved ones.


  9. #624
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.
    Fool me once . . .
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  10. #625
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hasn't Excalibur gotten better since the end of XofSwords though? Part of me thought, what brought her writing down was that she had to set up that whole XoS event and Apocalypse (which left no room for Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee). Really hoping that she can redeem herself with Gambit.
    I don't think so, personally. I feel like the stuff with Betsy has been kind of a mess and even with Apoc gone, the characters I've been wanting to get focus have very little still. And the last time I read the book, Rictor was very grating and kind of annoying.

    Just my 2 cents. If you're enjoying it, though, more power to you
    Make Good Art

  11. #626
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I probably will leave forums for a while. Comics with my favorite characters should bring joy but I only get frustration.

    I want MMX forums to be a kind and funny place as it should be. Romy is a fun couple and I am sure that sooner or later we will have a project that will unite Romy fans and we all will be happy.

    Stay safe everyone and be kind to your beloved ones.

    Thanks Purp! I totally get it. It's been a really frustrating couple of year+. Sometimes it's healthy to take a break when there's so much negativity.

    I hope you won't stay away too long and that soon we'll have something great to talk about for Rogue and Gambit again.

  12. #627
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hasn't Excalibur gotten better since the end of XofSwords though? Part of me thought, what brought her writing down was that she had to set up that whole XoS event and Apocalypse (which left no room for Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee). Really hoping that she can redeem herself with Gambit.
    Hmmm ... well that's debatable. In respect to Gambit and Rogue specifically, they've served in extremely background and generic supporting roles since the first arc ended basically. I think Remy's random decision to give Candra over to -A- and Rogue using her absorption skills to minimally assist Betsy are basically the only remotely noteworthy things they've done? Unless I'm forgetting something? I guess they were cute around a campfire one time?

  13. #628
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I don't think so, personally. I feel like the stuff with Betsy has been kind of a mess and even with Apoc gone, the characters I've been wanting to get focus have very little still. And the last time I read the book, Rictor was very grating and kind of annoying.

    Just my 2 cents. If you're enjoying it, though, more power to you
    I'm not. I've never been a fan of Excalibur or Betsy. I dropped the book since Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee were jokes (them and Apocalypse were my main reasons for reading it). Just trying to delude myself I guess, lol. I want her to do well here cause then maybe she'll do well with X-Corps (big Monet fan here).

  14. #629
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'm not. I've never been a fan of Excalibur or Betsy. I dropped the book since Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee were jokes (them and Apocalypse were my main reasons for reading it). Just trying to delude myself I guess, lol. I want her to do well here cause then maybe she'll do well with X-Corps (big Monet fan here).
    Oh, gotcha haha yeah, Idk. I've heard good things about her other stuff but I haven't personally read any of it. It seems like she has big ideas, which can be cool, but I just don't think she executes them well. And her character work isn't great imo.

    Who knows, though. Maybe X-Corps will be a better fit for her.
    Make Good Art

  15. #630
    Incredible Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t believe Jordan. His answer was just to try and keep Gambit fans to buy a book where he is a wallpaper as best.

    Remember when Tini told that Rogue would be very important in latest Betsy/Excalibur arc and we will understand why she is in Excalibur. And then nothing happened and Rogue did nothing.

    Right now I am sure that Tini doesn`t understand how bad she is writing her cast and for some reasons Editors don`t care or a fine with that style of writing.
    I guess according to Tini being Betsy's cheerleader was a very important role for Rogue...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •