Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Duggan promised here on forum that Gambit would appear in UA to help fight Red Skull and even added line where Rogue asks Deadpool to find Remy but it never happened in comics.
    Yeah I remember that line in the story and how it made no sense. And I agree, it sucks for a writer to promise something and then not deliver on it. Though it's a very real chance the scene was written and then got cut. Did he post this mention specifically in the Gambit thread? Or a general one for UA?

He lied to a Romy fan on twitter that she would love UA ending and need to buy it. Later everyone figured out that Rogue and Wade kissed in it. So nothing good for Romy fan in it. That is why he can't be trusted.
    Sounds like maybe he enjoys trolling fans a bit and that's pretty unfortunate. Unless he was just thinking this was a Rogue fan and not getting the difference or why it would matter to a Romy fan. To be fair, I thought the ending was funny and I love Romy above all. I dunno. Some writers get very offended when you ask about future appearances/hints as to what might happen. They just want you to read the story or not. To an extent I get it? I remember feeling super annoyed with people asking what I'm drawing when I'm not even halfway done. Like hey, maybe just wait and I'll show you? And yes, fans DO get super entitled. By asking if a character will appear or if you'll like the ending or what will happen, you are basically asking "Should I bother to buy your book?" in a sneaky way. So yeah, they get offended and maybe feel justified in trolling those questions. Though it might help them also to remember what it was like to be a fan and that many character fans are really just desperate to see their favorite characters appear and have a good story. Again, unless it's Wolverine, Batman, or Spiderman we don't have the promise of someone who constantly wants to write them or the choice of several universes. It's usually years between meaningful stories and sometimes even writers with bad intentions toward your favorite character. It honestly would be more polite to respond with, "Sorry, no spoilers. You'll just have to read to find out." They also might get mad if they feel fans are trying to "steer" their stories with their questions, instead of taking those questions at face value as someone who is genuinely interested in what they are creating. It's unfortunate fans and creators get into these fraught relationships really since we depend on each other. Fans really do feel a sense of ownership of characters due to their dedication and longevity with them. Writers can be fans, but they aren't always and usually their relationship with the character is brief by comparison and a tad transactional. "How can this character serve the story I want to tell". versus "What is needed to progress this character's story and growth." Though ultimately the characters don't belong to fans or even the writers, but the company. I suppose it depends on who the creator is aiming to please - themselves, their readers, or a bit of both. They always say to write for yourself and it will be a good story because at least one person likes it. LOL Of course, I don't think it would hurt to tap into what fans love about their characters and want to see for them either. It does seem to be a better money making endeavor at least. Except when fans disagree. Which is always.

Also this link shows what he thinks about comics readers.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/boundin...fed-dicks/amp/
    Ok, well the whole thing is kind of a sad escalation of stupidity and rudeness not uncommon to Twitter. It IS rude to tag creators into unsolicited criticism. Unfortunately this seems to be a case of ignorance on how to untag oneself from a news article. Yes he was rude. So were the posters. I can't fault the original reaction gif to the news article because I felt the same about X of Swords, though I probably wouldn't post that reaction to something the creator was tagged in either. I've seen plenty of creators fall down this rabbit hole who I know to be decent people, so I can't classify it as a major crime. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

He posted it in UA review thread if I remember correct.

line its drawn

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

line its drawn
    Well then! Touche.

Ok yeah, that's kind of adorable. Who can we thank for this very fun and fanciful fan art?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

line its drawn
    Love it! Adorable.

So now is this Irene and mystery twin brother? Or Rebecca and Olivier? Or just ... unknown Romy kids? ... I'm always secretly holding out for the grey twins to have some connection too. I can't explain that weird obsession. All fan theory fun. LOL

It's nice to know that even if the 616 never ever delivers, we have AUs, What Ifs, and Fanworks to bring us those stories.

Here's a gorgeous Rogue and Gambit from V Ken Marion on Twitter:
    IMG_20210411_200105.jpg

So April and May is kind of a waiting game.

Wonder if we'll see any Rogue or Gambit cameos between now and June?

We do have the "Rogue: Untouched" novel coming out May 4th. I sure hope it's a fun read.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm always secretly holding out for the grey twins to have some connection too. I can't explain that weird obsession.
    Because they’re devious little brats who have no problem riding amorality, a fresh breath of air from all the other young goodie-two-shoed younger generation. Well, that’s why I love them. But Littlefinger remains my fav from GoT so my opinion is always subjective

Here's a gorgeous Rogue and Gambit from V Ken Marion on Twitter:
    IMG_20210411_200105.jpg
    This is giving me Michael Turner vibes and I love it

We do have the "Rogue: Untouched" novel coming out May 4th. I sure hope it's a fun read.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Because they’re devious little brats who have no problem riding amorality, a fresh breath of air from all the other young goodie-two-shoed younger generation. Well, that’s why I love them. But Littlefinger remains my fav from GoT so my opinion is always subjective
    LOL I think that's it. Like I just would expect Romy kiddos to be a whole lot of trouble, especially with their parents being no angels themselves in their youth and especially if they'd been raised/mentored by someone like Ahab. Plus their powers have a sort of derivative association with what both Rogue and Gambit can do. Ah well, that ship probably sailed.

Rogue is saved from Excalibur!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rogue is saved from Excalibur!

So is she leaving Excalibur?

I hope so. Rogue is saved. I love Rogue and Betsy. But Rogue needs to be doing her own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by purplevit View Post
    rogue is saved from excalibur!

i'm so happy

Amazing Member

What a surprise that Duggan had zero interest in writing Gambit.

Poor Remy. I cant imagine him staying in Excalibur without Rogue which means he will be in limbo with the occasional cameos in X-men

Nice! Between Rogue and Laura, I will def be picking this up.

Poor Remy, though
    Make Good Art