Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt even call them Cameo Kings and Queens as they didnt cameo anywhere. They were just stuck and held up in Excalibur jail
    Completely agree.

I'm afraid of the answer but... how were Rogue and Gambit in today's issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm afraid of the answer but... how were Rogue and Gambit in today's issue ?
    Good question! Still not sure if I'll read it. If anyone has spoilers, do share.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Good question! Still not sure if I'll read it. If anyone has spoilers, do share.
    Are there pages missing from the electronic issue because it ends funky / awkward.

Nothing really of note on the Gambit & Rogue front for this latest issue other than they’re moving into the lighthouse with Rictor & Jubilee on the off chance Betsy shows up. The cats are coming too although we don’t see them. They run into Pete Wisdom. That’s pretty much it. Gambit is not the angry one this issue doing dumb shit so that’s a plus.

Spoilers-

The issue is mostly focused on Betsy and an alternate universe Kwannon(who Betsy feels compelled to apologize for some stupid reason, even though the body switch did not happen in this Kwannon's reality). Also, as PeachFlavoredXanax said the Excalibur team is moving into the lighthouse. They(and Pete Wisdom, Rictor, and Jubilee) get into a fight with Coven Akkaba.

Pretty much the only quotes you need to hear from the issue to establish how this fight was handled is from Wisdom when he says, "I hate to say it, but we might consider a tactical retreat. We don't have big bad Apocalypse around to help us win these fights." Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Spoilers-

The issue is mostly focused on Betsy and an alternate universe Kwannon(who Betsy feels compelled to apologize for some stupid reason, even though the body switch did not happen in this Kwannon's reality). Also, as PeachFlavoredXanax said the Excalibur team is moving into the lighthouse. They(and Pete Wisdom, Rictor, and Jubilee) get into a fight with Coven Akkaba.

Pretty much the only quotes you need to hear from the issue to establish how this fight was handled is from Wisdom when he says, "I hate to say it, but we might consider a tactical retreat. We don't have big bad Apocalypse around to help us win these fights." Sigh.
    ... they seriously punk out of a fight with Coven Akkaba? Rogue is practically a one woman army and Gambit has all matter of tricks up his sleeve. Can you hear my giant *facepalm*. LAME.

Ugh ... this sounds poor all around. And why the hell would Gambit and Rogue move into the Lighthouse? Can you not take a gate from there to Krakoa whenever you want?

Man, I seriously don't think I want to spend a dime on this. Maybe I'll read a friends copy later. But wow.

Can Rogue rejoin Avengers and Gambit go solo? And they can have a Team up book back.

But seriously they are rooting in Betscalibur

... they seriously punk out of a fight with Coven Akkaba? Rogue is practically a one woman army and Gambit has all matter of tricks up his sleeve. Can you hear my giant *facepalm*. LAME.
    The fight gets interrupted before they decide to retreat or not.

Ugh ... this sounds poor all around. And why the hell would Gambit and Rogue move into the Lighthouse? Can you not take a gate from there to Krakoa whenever you want?

Man, I seriously don't think I want to spend a dime on this. Maybe I'll read a friends copy later. But wow.
    It's as PeachFlavoredXanax said, they are moving there because that is where they think Betsy will show up. And yeah, it is a poor issue and as usual the dialogue and character interplay is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    The fight gets interrupted before they decide to retreat or not.

It's as PeachFlavoredXanax said, they are moving there because that is where they think Betsy will show up. And yeah, it is a poor issue and as usual the dialogue and character interplay is terrible.
    Sooo ... another fight scene that almost, but doesn't actually, happen then? Again?

Man, after all the great fight sequences from R&G, MMX, even just seeing Rogue throw down in UA or Gambit tearing it up with hand-to-hand in his solos. To see them just shuffled about in backgrounds like this ... they are two characters that LIVE to fight. What a waste.

And I'm still not following ... why do they need to live there and wait for Betsy to appear? This doesn't sound particularly logical or proactive. I had hoped from last issue they would be off to find/rescue her. But they decided to just sit around? WHY?

Yeah ... nothing about this seems appealing. I probably should try to go read it for myself, but I dunno. I cannot bring myself to pay for aggravation anymore.

They need to be off Excalibur, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Can Rogue rejoin Avengers and Gambit go solo? And they can have a Team up book back.

But seriously they are rooting in Betscalibur
    Probably the best option.

Romy didn`t deserve that Tini Howard curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably the best option.

Romy didn`t deserve that Tini Howard curse.
    Fact is, they could be featured separately in better spots. Give Gambit to Marauders and Rogue to X-Force.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member

Well, I did end up reading this...it was pretty a non issue as far as roomy was concerned. Gambit threw some cards that actually looked they damaged the wizardís wrecking (smh over wizards with heavy machinery) ricthor got manhandled a bit, but then cut back to Betsy annoying alt reality kwannon. Then cut back to the fight where nobody even looks like they fighting and wisdom says they should retreat. Why? They didnít appear to be losing?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well, I did end up reading this...it was pretty a non issue as far as roomy was concerned. Gambit threw some cards that actually looked they damaged the wizardís wrecking (smh over wizards with heavy machinery) ricthor got manhandled a bit, but then cut back to Betsy annoying alt reality kwannon. Then cut back to the fight where nobody even looks like they fighting and wisdom says they should retreat. Why? They didnít appear to be losing?
    In a bit of boring humour the wizards where driving a crane with a wrecking ball. Gambit threw three cards witch first got their own panel for dramatic effect. Second panel they hit. One of them is pushing the wreckingball backwards. Second and third card are hitting the crane. One wizard is jumping out of the crane machine being afraid. None of the cards actually do some damage. There are no cracks, splinters or any other visual traces of impact or damage.

Next panel we have Rictor sending shockwaves through the earth. Tossing wizards in different directions. Even fraying a cape. So it's clear To can draw powers having an impact. He just chooses not to with Gambit.

It seems Tini has no interest in Gambit the character and To only has interest in him as cheesecake material. That is what 17 issues has taught me.

The fight in itself is just strange. Coven Akkaba has been establsihed as a coven. Nothing more and nothing less. After reading marvel comics for years they seem like a dime and a dozen treat. Rogue on her own would demolish them. Without using her absorbing powers. They would be better suited for a 1-3 issues arc in a Gambit solo. Throw in the thiefs guild and it would seem much more appropiate than this mess.

I'm not even angry with these issues anymore. They remain a jumbled mess but for me they are mostly boring. I used to like Betsy but Tini has made her my least favorite X-men. I have stopped reading the panels with her.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-29-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    In a bit of boring humour the wizards where driving a crane with a wrecking ball. Gambit threw three cards witch first got their own panel for dramatic effect. Second panel they hit. One of them is pushing the wreckingball backwards. Second and third card are hitting the crane. One wizard is jumping out of the crane machine being afraid. None of the cards actually do some damage. There are no cracks, splinters or any other visual traces of impact or damage.

Next panel we have Rictor sending shockwaves through the earth. Tossing wizards in different directions. Even fraying a cape. So it's clear To can draw powers having an impact. He just chooses not to with Gambit.

It seems Tini has no interest in Gambit the character and To only has interest in him as cheesecake material. That is what 17 issues has taught me.

The fight in itself is just strange. Coven Akkaba has been establsihed as a coven. Nothing more and nothing less. After reading marvel comics for years they seem like a dime and a dozen treat. Rogue on her own would demolish them. Without using her absorbing powers. They would be better suited for a 1-3 issues arc in a Gambit solo. Throw in the thiefs guild and it would seem much more appropiate than this mess.

I'm not even angry with these issues anymore. They remain a jumbled mess but for me they are mostly boring. I used to like Betsy but Tini has made her my least favorite X-men. I have stopped reading the panels with her.
    Yeah I feel these little half-hearted blips of effort being made to include the other characters, but it's still all Betsy's story.

I really and truly thought after last issue we'd get a rescue mission into these parallel worlds with Rogue and Gambit leading the charge. Instead ... they all just sit around and wait for Betsy to get herself back?! And have to move into the Lighthouse to accomplish this?! None of this makes a lick of sense. There is no glue holding this "team" together. The team name Excalibur is synonymous with Apocalypse's Ex-stooges. And even in that they weren't totally enthusiastic participants. I can't think of a more boring plot than sitting around waiting and then fighting off some C list group of wizards ... but then worrying they couldn't handle it?!?! Wtf?! Like you say, Rogue alone could mop the floor with them using only her pinky finger. This is lame.

I agree, I have gone from anger to just plain bored. I'm ready for any other writer to give them a real story. Having taken away the possibility of Rogue and Gambit being parents, I'd expect them to at least be given another storyline of something to do. If they're just going to sit around and look pretty, this whole argument of better things they have and want to do falls pretty flat.

Man

Why not ? Mike Carey in X men Legends giving us more Rogue's proto X-force black ops squad missions.