Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That’s a cute cover, but girl gambit’s turtleneck seriously looks weird here. Like it’s the cone of shame, lol
    HA! Maybe she's just trying to follow in Remy's footsteps with strange collar/neck wear
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I don't think we've heard much about Excalibur, however in one of the other threads I believe someone quoted Hickman (or someone else?) saying that all of the books had to adjust their schedules due to the Hellfire Gala
    EDIT: From X-Men Monday 86:

Jonathan: Yes, were doing the X-Corp book. Everyone is very excited about it. We actually locked down both the interior and cover artist this week. I cant remember which month its actually going to debut because the company has some funky scheduling coming up and were shifting things around, but there will be a formal announcement with the creative team and roster and all that soon.

So, that's not an exact answer, but it sounds like all of the books have weird scheduling coming up
    Make Good Art

Happy Gambit and Rogue week Day 7!

Have a nice day All!

Nice work, Purp! I love the reference on his shirt
    Make Good Art

Great stuff as usual purp!

This is adorable and a perfect exclaimation point to wrap up the week. Well done!

Great art Purp. And even though that might be the sword of Godric Gryffindor in his hands I will see him as Ravenclaw =)

Thank you all for kind words! Idea for pic started from that reference.

It was a cool celebration week with a lot of great fan stuff posted!

It's a weird time. Has this forum seemed extra stagnant lately or is it just me? Seems like there hasn't been much to talk about the last few weeks for X-Men, and even less for Gambit or Rogue in this last entire year.

If you're dying for some Romy content, I do encourage you to check out fan works week. There were about 15 new fan fics posted and I bet there's at least one that might tickle your fancy and give you something to pass the time. For free, so bonus!

Is CotA out this week? I sincerely hope it can give us a good Gambit showing, if only for a few panels.

Meanwhile no idea if Excalibur is changing, canceled, or what beyond this current arc. I'm afraid to even ask.

Waiting and waiting and waiting ... seems to be the flavor of life these days. Hopefully means something worthwhile will be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It's a weird time. Has this forum seemed extra stagnant lately or is it just me? Seems like there hasn't been much to talk about the last few weeks for X-Men, and even less for Gambit or Rogue in this last entire year.

Waiting and waiting and waiting ... seems to be the flavor of life these days. Hopefully means something worthwhile will be coming.
    Yep, all this. Never felt this kind of despondency before this Hickman and Tini Howard era(well except maybe the Milligan and Austen times). Seemed like even when Gambit was in limbo or when Gambit and Rogue were separated there was more activity in the Romy thread. I think this is worse because they are appearing regularly but it is all so bland and there just does not seem to be an end in sight. Excalibur just keeps going and going no matter how boring and terrible it gets seemingly only because it is part of the Hickman era. Any other time I am positive it would have been cancelled by now.

From today's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fans Kas and @ororoswind pointed out that Storm is prominently featured on some of the Children of the Atom variant covers. Can you say whether Ororo plays an important role in the series?

Vita: Not sure what I am cleared to say, except maybe that there are a few stand-out mentor characters on the X-Men in my mind, and Storm is one of them!

... dare we hope for Gambit?! I'm always down for more Ro & Remy broship moments too. Showing Gambit in such a light might help other writers remember why he's awesome.

Hopefully Vita is a Marjorie Liu fan.

If you're dying for some Romy content, I do encourage you to check out fan works week. There were about 15 new fan fics posted and I bet there's at least one that might tickle your fancy and give you something to pass the time. For free, so bonus!

Is CotA out this week? I sincerely hope it can give us a good Gambit showing, if only for a few panels.

Meanwhile no idea if Excalibur is changing, canceled, or what beyond this current arc. I'm afraid to even ask.

Totally! It's sad. My excitement for the two of them hasn't necessarily gone down, but since the comics haven't been anything stellar and they're not doing much in them, there's just not much to discuss. And I feel like I'm just repeating myself with a lot of my complaints with Excalibur haha

Definitely second the fan fics/art! There's a lot of great new stuff!

I'm pretty sure CotA comes out this week. I saw some reminders about it on twitter.

From today's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fans Kas and @ororoswind pointed out that Storm is prominently featured on some of the Children of the Atom variant covers. Can you say whether Ororo plays an important role in the series?

Vita: Not sure what I am cleared to say, except maybe that there are a few stand-out mentor characters on the X-Men in my mind, and Storm is one of them!

... dare we hope for Gambit?! I'm always down for more Ro & Remy broship moments too. Showing Gambit in such a light might help other writers remember why he's awesome.

Hopefully Vita is a Marjorie Liu fan.
    Oooo. Here's hoping!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Totally! It's sad. My excitement for the two of them hasn't necessarily gone down, but since the comics haven't been anything stellar and they're not doing much in them, there's just not much to discuss. And I feel like I'm just repeating myself with a lot of my complaints with Excalibur haha

Definitely second the fan fics/art! There's a lot of great new stuff!

I'm pretty sure CotA comes out this week. I saw some reminders about it on twitter.

Oooo. Here's hoping!
    Rats, per the the CotA thread the Gambit like character is "Carmen aka Gimmick", so it's NOT the X-Men fan girl Wendy from Liu's Astonishing X-Men #67. Still hoping for good mentorship though. Fingers crossed.

Rats, per the the CotA thread the Gambit like character is "Carmen aka Gimmick", so it's NOT the X-Men fan girl Wendy from Liu's Astonishing X-Men #67. Still hoping for good mentorship though. Fingers crossed.
    Arrgghhhh. Nope, Remy doesn't have a cameo. Which is super annoying because several of the other "mentor" X-Men appear and even several D listers.

I am gonna pass on COTA. Gambit cameo was the only reason to check it for me.