Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Buying Excalibur = supporting bad writing of Gambit and Rogue.)
    Unfortunately, I can also see editorial seeing that as "Not Buying Excalibur = Gambit and Rogue aren't that big of draws". There's just no clear way to win.

Anyways, a Happy and Safe 2021 to you as well!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Thank you

Unfortunately, I can also see editorial seeing that as "Not Buying Excalibur = Gambit and Rogue aren't that big of draws". There's just no clear way to win.
    Yeah, that is how I feel about it. I sure don't want them thinking Rogue and Gambit can't help carry a book. I am still supporting it digitally, but I am not all in like I usually am for Gambit and Rogue(two physical copies and digital). Honestly, the only time I have ever dropped and completely stopped reading Gambit was during the Milligan issues. I just couldn't take it.

I don't want to be a negative one but nothing will be changed for Romy while Tini is their writer. 16 bad issues and XOS event where Gambit and Rogue were the only Excalibur characters that had not a single panel with words should be enough to show that Tini and X editors don't give a damn about them. Nothing. Won't be surprised if next issue will be a Betsy solo in alt universe without Gambit or Rogue.

The only way to get a chance for something new is to end Excalibur. So don't support and don't buy this book.
    Buying Excalibur = supporting bad writing of Gambit and Rogue.
    Sorry for negative stuff. Won't be speaking about that frustrating book anymore.
    I sure know how you feel. It is very frustrating! Especially since I feel like we are on borrowed time as far as the marriage is concerned because that is just how comics are. It was so great when they got a solo, got married, and then got another solo in pretty quick succession, but then came the Hickman era to take away all that momentum and treat the characters like an afterthought. And who knows how long it will go on!? Tini Howard and Hickman both don't look like they are leaving anytime soon that's for sure.

Yep, exactly. That's why I'd encourage you all to write in.

I'm not talking about hate mail, but be professional and express your genuine disappointment. Talk about what is missing and how it could be improved and why you love the characters.

I won't tell anyone to buy or not to buy. You gotta do what you feel is right. We've all been at that quitting point. Milligan was that for me too. I'm not quite there again, but I'm tettering on the edge. I did skip XoS knowing Romy likely wouldn't show. I'm only buying digital - no variants, no floppies, and no trades.

You could always wait for the review thread to decide if you want to read. That's how I'm approaching most X-books at this point. Wish I could join the throngs of X-fans who are loving this era ...

I don't want to be a negative one but nothing will be changed for Romy while Tini is their writer. 16 bad issues and XOS event where Gambit and Rogue were the only Excalibur characters that had not a single panel with words should be enough to show that Tini and X editors don't give a damn about them. Nothing. Won't be surprised if next issue will be a Betsy solo in alt universe without Gambit or Rogue.

The only way to get a chance for something new is to end Excalibur. So don't support and don't buy this book.
    Buying Excalibur = supporting bad writing of Gambit and Rogue.
    Sorry for negative stuff. Won't be speaking about that frustrating book anymore.

I hope you all are safe and 2021 will be a good and kind year for All you and your families
    I completely agree with you, I stopped reading Excalibur in March with zero regrets. Tini has to go, she is simply not good enough for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yep, exactly. That's why I'd encourage you all to write in.

I'm not talking about hate mail, but be professional and express your genuine disappointment. Talk about what is missing and how it could be improved and why you love the characters.

I won't tell anyone to buy or not to buy. You gotta do what you feel is right. We've all been at that quitting point. Milligan was that for me too. I'm not quite there again, but I'm tettering on the edge. I did skip XoS knowing Romy likely wouldn't show. I'm only buying digital - no variants, no floppies, and no trades.

You could always wait for the review thread to decide if you want to read. That's how I'm approaching most X-books at this point. Wish I could join the throngs of X-fans who are loving this era ...
    Where's the best place to write to? X editorial?
    Make Good Art

Where's the best place to write to? X editorial?
    You can write to officex@marvel.com

Also everyone PLEASE submit your questions here to Tini for X-Men Monday:
    https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...245069312?s=19

Otherwise they'll probably never be brought up or even mentioned. If you're tired of just hearing about Betsy, ask about Rogue and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    You can write to officex@marvel.com

Also everyone PLEASE submit your questions here to Tini for X-Men Monday:
    https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...245069312?s=19

Otherwise they'll probably never be brought up or even mentioned. If you're tired of just hearing about Betsy, ask about Rogue and Gambit.
    Awesome, thank you
    Make Good Art

Well the coule is barely featured on Excalibur. On my experience buying bad books do more harm than good

Sent letter to X office and sent 1 Romy and 2 Gambit oriented questions to X Monday. Probably all will be cut before Howard can even read them.

Sent letter to X office and sent 1 Romy and 2 Gambit oriented questions to X Monday. Probably all will be cut before Howard can even read them.
    Well you never know! Thanks for trying at least!

I'd just like to see her talk about them AT ALL. So the more questions the better.

Soooo ... if Storm is leaving Mauraders ... does that mean they'll add a new character to the cast?

How would you all feel about adding Rogue or Gambit? Or both?

Plus side: chances to do thievery and piracy, interactions with Emma & Bobby & Bishop who are good foils and they have ties to, chances to be actually heroic again, chances to get real action sequences again, Duggan already loves Rogue and writes her well

Minus side: Duggan isn't a big fan of the relationship, Duggan doesn't seem as interested in Gambit, they might still be wallpaper to Emma & Kate; the book loses more diversity in the swap

Probably isn't what is gonna happen. I expect they'll rotate in a younger character. And Romy seems stuck in the current mutant magic scheme. It's a thought though.

I sent in three questions for the X-Men Monday. First time submitting questions to something like this too. I put my actual first name, Thomas, in the required name field, so if a question from "Thomas" is included in the next X-Monday it may be mine. Hopefully if they see a huge outpouring of Gambit and Rogue questions, one of our questions will actually be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I sent in three questions for the X-Men Monday. First time submitting questions to something like this too. I put my actual first name, Thomas, in the required name field, so if a question from "Thomas" is included in the next X-Monday it may be mine. Hopefully if they see a huge outpouring of Gambit and Rogue questions, one of our questions will actually be asked.
    Awesome! I hope they ask one of yours! The more questions the better the odds.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Somehow Rogue and Gambit never really fitted Excalibur. But I do not see them fit of being in a Hellfire Club book (which Marauders is) either.

I would not mind if they would cancel Excalibur and replace it by and X-team led by Mr. & Mrs. X, which also contains Iceman, Pyro II (Simon) and some New X-Men kids.
    Marauders can then be totally focused on Hellfire (so ditch the boat thing) and fill the open spots, like Black Queen, Red King, White King and then each color needs a bishop and rook.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "