Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Soooo ... if Storm is leaving Mauraders ... does that mean they'll add a new character to the cast?

How would you all feel about adding Rogue or Gambit? Or both?

Plus side: chances to do thievery and piracy, interactions with Emma & Bobby & Bishop who are good foils and they have ties to, chances to be actually heroic again, chances to get real action sequences again, Duggan already loves Rogue and writes her well

Minus side: Duggan isn't a big fan of the relationship, Duggan doesn't seem as interested in Gambit, they might still be wallpaper to Emma & Kate; the book loses more diversity in the swap

Probably isn't what is gonna happen. I expect they'll rotate in a younger character. And Romy seems stuck in the current mutant magic scheme. It's a thought though.
    Marauders is a solo for Kitty end Emma as Excalibur for Betsy and Apoc. Iceman and Bishop are wallpapers as Gambit and Rogue. So definetely don't want Gambit and Rogue to be there too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-08-2021 at 05:23 AM.

And Pyro has so little presence that even readers forget he's supposed to be part of this team

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Somehow Rogue and Gambit never really fitted Excalibur. But I do not see them fit of being in a Hellfire Club book (which Marauders is) either.

I would not mind if they would cancel Excalibur and replace it by and X-team led by Mr. & Mrs. X, which also contains Iceman, Pyro II (Simon) and some New X-Men kids.
    Marauders can then be totally focused on Hellfire (so ditch the boat thing) and fill the open spots, like Black Queen, Red King, White King and then each color needs a bishop and rook.
    Totally. As a fantasy fan, I was holding out hope it would be good, but whether it's them or the writing, it just hasn't worked

Some of the teams could feel a little fresher with some restructuring and I like your idea of putting Rogue and Gambit with the New X-Men kids. They could be to them what Emma and Banshee were to the Gen X kids but play a more active role.
    Make Good Art

Gambit could easily fit Excalibur with a good writer.
    He is a Harry Potter fan, a champion of Outworld after Asmus solo and already had adventures there, he has a fun chemistry with Pete Wisdom and were dealing with magic and voodoo stuff often. He could be so fun and awesome in such book.

Tini and X editors just never read that stories.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Tini and X editors just never read that stories.
    or care

Yeah I don't think it's the characters faults in the least. You could do a bunch with either of them to make magical connections or really delve into a new aspect of their powers for them.

Gambit has his whole history as Le Diable Blanc and the mysticism of the New Orleans Thieves Guild throughout his solos. Did you know that you can use regular playing cards to do a Tarot reading? That each card has an assigned meaning? Also Remy knows how to duel. But not even a mention in XoS, full of tarot and swords. He's been used as the energy source for an intergalactic portal. He's traveled to Otherworld and encountered plenty of supernatural stuff.

Rogue's biological parents have a canonical connection to the Far Banks, even though that solo and origin story were lame.

Even with no magical connections they could be written better.

Found this awesome Gambit and Rogue sketch by Brett Booth on twitter(I would love to see it colored)-

I know a lot of people are boycotting Brett Booth(and he does seem like a very abrasive person), and a lot of people don't seem to like his 90s style art, but I have loved what I have seen of his X-Men work so far. I also loved the peek we got of his work on the Chris Claremont Anniversary Special-

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Found this awesome Gambit and Rogue sketch by Brett Booth on twitter(I would love to see it colored)-

I know a lot of people are boycotting Brett Booth(and he does seem like a very abrasive person), and a lot of people don't seem to like his 90s style art, but I have loved what I have seen of his X-Men work so far. I also loved the peek we got of his work on the Chris Claremont Anniversary Special-

Yeah that's a conundrum. I do like this art quite a bit, but as a person I don't feel great about Booth. I'm not at like boycott level, but it does feel like he needs some accountability.

Did anyone read this yet? I probably won't get around to it until later. Let me know if it's worth it!

Don't buy Claremont special if you want to read it for Gambit fix. It is bad

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

What’s the backstory on Brett Booth? My finger has been off the pulse a bit, I really only know of like EVS being hot garbage

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    What’s the backstory on Brett Booth? My finger has been off the pulse a bit, I really only know of like EVS being hot garbage
    I'm not completely familiar, but it has to do with some Islamophobic and Antisemitic stuff and his reaction to a person's criticism of work that wasn't even his. Here is a thread detailing it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...th-Controversy
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 01-13-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm not completely familiar, but it has to do with some Islamophobic and Antisemitic stuff and his reaction to a person's criticism of work that wasn't even his. Here is a thread detailing it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...th-Controversy
    I did not dig into it much either, since I don't like learning much about the personal lives and beliefs of comic writers of artists(and for exactly these reasons). He does seem very, very unpleasant and condescending in his interactions with some people, but from what little I saw he seemed less Islamophobic and Antisemitic than just aggressively atheist with little respect for their(or any) religious beliefs rather than contempt for them as a ethnicity or race or something. I have seen plenty of that kind of contempt and derision from atheists before as a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I did not dig into it much either, since I don't like learning much about the personal lives and beliefs of comic writers of artists(and for exactly these reasons). He does seem very, very unpleasant and condescending in his interactions with some people, but from what little I saw he seemed less Islamophobic and Antisemitic than just aggressively atheist with little respect for their(or any) religious beliefs rather than contempt for them as a ethnicity or race or something. I have seen plenty of that kind of contempt and derision from atheists before as a Christian.
    Oh man, I get that. I'm agnostic (ex-Catholic) but I hate how annoying people can be who are that aggressive about being atheist or anti-religion. That's too bad Booth seems to be in that camp
    Make Good Art

Y'all bettah folllow Russell Dauterman on INSTAGRAM right the damn now and see the sick "every outfit Rogue has worn" image he did now now now aahhhh its so boss!!!