Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    So from an Apocalypse book, from Excalibur #16 to at least Excalibur #20 is a Betsy Braddock book. Not bad for a team book.
    This is totally a jerk thing to say on my part, but ... why on Earth would Tini repurpose the title "Phantom Menance" for the issue considering it's one of the more abysmal of the Star Wars movies? Like I get it's probably a cute play on words, but it's not exactly great advertising with that association.

But yeah, a Betsy book is somewhat better than an Apocalypse book I suppose ... wish it was actually a team book though.

Check out this Gambit by Ademir Leal!

IMG_20210114_223340.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

IMG_20210114_223340.jpg
    Awesome fanart!

This is totally a jerk thing to say on my part, but ... why on Earth would Tini repurpose the title "Phantom Menance" for the issue considering it's one of the more abysmal of the Star Wars movies? Like I get it's probably a cute play on words, but it's not exactly great advertising with that association.

But yeah, a Betsy book is somewhat better than an Apocalypse book I suppose ... wish it was actually a team book though.
    People love prequels more and more, including Phantom Menace

IMG_20210114_223340.jpg

Wow that is very nice!

So I wonder who is doing the interiors for the Gala? Think it will be Dauterman?

I hope that Rogue and Gambit at least get to show up there and be eye candy if nothing else.

We're already on the April/Excalibur #20 solicts and I am just mehhhhh. I have no excitement for this title anymore and the solicts for it aren't doing anything to peak my interest. How long can it go on? Yet I don't want them abandoned either. No win situation. They just need to move titles.
    That would be nice. Even a couple little panels or something like we got in X-Force with the splash page at the bar
    Make Good Art

I saw and saved this meme image someone made last year on Reddit and thought it was hilarious! I meant to share it here then, but never got around to it. I decided to share it now since I came across it in my photo album today-

So I wonder who is doing the interiors for the Gala? Think it will be Dauterman?

I hope that Rogue and Gambit at least get to show up there and be eye candy if nothing else.
    If it is Dauterman, I really hope Rogue and Gambit make an appearance. I really want to see him draw Gambit. As far as I know he has only drawn Gambit twice and not once in a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I saw and saved this meme image someone made last year on Reddit and thought it was hilarious! I meant to share it here then, but never got around to it. I decided to share it now since I came across it in my photo album today-

If it is Dauterman, I really hope Rogue and Gambit make an appearance. I really want to see him draw Gambit. As far as I know he has only drawn Gambit twice and not once in a comic.
    I try not to hate on Rogneto fans bc I respect Magneto, but this is hilarious lol
    Make Good Art

Lol, hilarious pic. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I try not to hate on Rogneto fans bc I respect Magneto, but this is hilarious lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, hilarious pic. Thanks!
    Glad y'all enjoyed it. I thought it was funny.

Glad y'all enjoyed it. I thought it was funny.
    I laughed my butt off too. A more relatable panel I haven't seen lately.

Look, I hate Rogneto with the fire of a thousand suns and have explained my reasoning on the matter more than once. But as complex villains go Magneto IS respectable and has quite a few fans out there. I can see where they're coming from. His motivations are often right, even if his methods are frequently in the wrong.

But let us not speak of him anymore here. You know what that attracts (magnetism joke).

Taking SW as an example, Darth Vader led the Jedi purge and tortured Han and Leia, two of the most popular characters (I think they're even more popular than Luke but anyway)
    Yet many fans of the Jedi and SW's flagship couple LOVE Darth Vader and I doubt they'll be criticized for it
    If they have the right to like Vader, why can't Romy fans like Magneto ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Taking SW as an example, Darth Vader led the Jedi purge and tortured Han and Leia, two of the most popular characters (I think they're even more popular than Luke but anyway)
    Yet many fans of the Jedi and SW's flagship couple LOVE Darth Vader and I doubt they'll be criticized for it
    If they have the right to like Vader, why can't Romy fans like Magneto ?
    No lies detected here.

I was only meaning it's a bloody Mary situation. Keep saying that name and you might attract a certain rhymes with roll that used to haunt the Romy thread. LOL Awww memories ...

Anyway ... tomorrow is X-Men Monday. Will we get any questions or answers about Rogue or Gambit? Guess we'll see! My expectations are low, but ...

No lies detected here.

I was only meaning it's a bloody Mary situation. Keep saying that name and you might attract a certain rhymes with roll that used to haunt the Romy thread. LOL Awww memories ...

Anyway ... tomorrow is X-Men Monday. Will we get any questions or answers about Rogue or Gambit? Guess we'll see! My expectations are low, but ...
    Welllll ... that was pretty unsatisfying. Thank you all for trying though! They asked my question, reworded significantly, probably to make it shorter and more palatable. We get a vague answer that doesn't even mention Gambit as usual. Nothing in this interview got me fired up and excited to read more, that's for sure.

AIPT: X-Fan AppleJ pointed out that Gambit and Rogue are two characters with a history of going their own way. Post-X of Swords, what would you say is keeping the couple a part of Excalibur?

Tini: Rogue is very central in this upcoming arc and itíll be clear why. Itís the same kind of thing that always keeps Rogue around and fired up, you know?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

AIPT: X-Fan AppleJ pointed out that Gambit and Rogue are two characters with a history of going their own way. Post-X of Swords, what would you say is keeping the couple a part of Excalibur?

Tini: Rogue is very central in this upcoming arc and it’ll be clear why. It’s the same kind of thing that always keeps Rogue around and fired up, you know?
    She can’t even fake interest to care about responding to the Gambit part of the question. As for Rogue, Tini’s lack of understanding the character probably means she stays around & fired up because of her deep sudden love for Betsy & getting her back.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 01-18-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Words are hard at 6am