Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Just a lame interview. Exactly what I expected. Love how Tini ignores Gambit, lol. She clearly hates him

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    She canít even fake interest about care about responding to the Gambit part of the question. As for Rogue, Tiniís lack of understanding the character probably means she stays around & fired up because of her deep sudden love for Betsy & getting her back.
    Right? We don't even get Gambit in an art tease. He might as well not even exist in this book. Seriously. Almost any character could be plugged into his role on the team. You have an actual thief who has done no real thieving. He's only along for the ride because Rogue is there is what this amounts to.

Ughhh ... this interview makes me just want to drop this book entirely and boycott it.

It's a sad day when Eye Boy, Peepers, and Taki are getting more important roles in the plot of their titles and just more love from their writers than a fan favorite like Gambit.

No mention of Gambit or Jubilee. Who are suppose to be 40% of the team. I think that speaks for itself.

Sucha lame interview. The only thing it did is reinforced what we either knew or suspected. What Tini thinks are the interesting parts of Excalibur.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-18-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    She canít even fake interest to care about responding to the Gambit part of the question. As for Rogue, Tiniís lack of understanding the character probably means she stays around & fired up because of her deep sudden love for Betsy & getting her back.
    That's what gets me too. I hate Fantomex, but if I was being paid to write him in a book, I would at least try to appear excited about it and get his fans excited.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's what gets me too. I hate Fantomex, but if I was being paid to write him in a book, I would at least try to appear excited about it and get his fans excited.
    100% THIS. If I had to write ANY character I wasn't interested in or actively disliked, I would go out of my way to review their history and find out what it is their fans love about them. Look for their strengths and highlight those. Ask myself, what is the motivation of each character on this team. How would they be reacting to this environment? What is their unique contribution to their team that no other character would easily fills? Who are their allies and pals? Who doesn't get along and why?

Honestly, why are Rogue and Gambit in that book? Was it editorially mandated bc as mentioned, Tini doesnt seem interested in them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly, why are Rogue and Gambit in that book? Was it editorially mandated bc as mentioned, Tini doesnt seem interested in them at all.
    It has to have been editorially mandated to drum up sales. There's no way I will believe at this point that Tini asked for them
    Make Good Art

Amazing Member

The best thing we can do is not buy this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    The best thing we can do is not buy this book.
    No buy=end it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It has to have been editorially mandated to drum up sales. There's no way I will believe at this point that Tini asked for them
    They must of really not had much confidence in Excalibur because we know there are writers in the line who like them. Duggan likes Rogue and I think Leah likes both. They could've easily gone into Marauders or X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    They must of really not had much confidence in Excalibur because we know there are writers in the line who like them. Duggan likes Rogue and I think Leah likes both. They could've easily gone into Marauders or X-Factor.
    I really thought Gambit would at least end up on Marauders. It would've made the most sense out of all of the books. And yeah, with it being written by Duggan, I'm surprised he wouldn't want Rogue.
    Make Good Art

Amazing Member

Duggan's not so much a Gambit fan or Rogue and Gambit together so I don't think he's interested in writing a married Rogue, either.

Yeah I remember Gambit / Red Skull

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I know Leah likes Rogue, but I'd gotten the impression she maybe doesn't like Gambit? I wish she did like them both. I'm honestly so impressed with how she's given every character in X-Factor an important role and a spotlight. Like seriously, she has made Eyeboy not only endearing but important and even her Daken is charming. I think she could handle the accent well given how she's done with Northstar and Aurora. But I'm not sure X-Factor would be their best fit anyway.

I honestly don't know what current writer would take them and use them well at the moment.

As themes go though, I do believe Marauders would have been the better fit by far. I think Duggan could do better than Tini probably, though it's not the story he probably wants to tell either. I remain annoyed that the Thieves Guild and Hellfire Club have never been associated with each other in story and think that would have been fascinating here. Ah well.

I seriously think they're being used as the bigger name anchors to help sell Excalibur and ended up there by editorial shuffling, but have no essential role in the storyline Tini wants to tell.

Since we all need a pick me up and palate cleanser, how about this adorable piece from Twitter by carlosgomezartist.
    IMG_20210118_200942.jpg