Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 405
  1. #106
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    All in!

    Cebulski replied for my tweet that for Nicieza and Skroce reunion for Gambit they would just need to say Yes!

    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...13994020970499

    Who have twitter please support and reply and like that you would love a new Gambit book and Nicieza/Skroce reunion.

  2. #107
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    All in!

    Cebulski replied for my tweet that for Nicieza and Skroce reunion for Gambit they would just need to say Yes!

    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...13994020970499

    Who have twitter please support and reply and like that you would love a new Gambit book and Nicieza/Skroce reunion.
    Oh wow, that would be great! I wonder if Fab would be interested?

    I would love to hear all about Remy's side adventures as the King of Thieves, how that conflicts with this new world of Krakoa and being a married man, trying to keep it all together and what he wants to do now that he seems to have it all. It would be fun to see him work with other Marvel thieves like Black Cat and other crime syndicates like Hellfire. Or maybe Krakoa tasks him with something Guild related? Lots of potential material there.

  3. #108
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh wow, that would be great! I wonder if Fab would be interested?

    I would love to hear all about Remy's side adventures as the King of Thieves, how that conflicts with this new world of Krakoa and being a married man, trying to keep it all together and what he wants to do now that he seems to have it all. It would be fun to see him work with other Marvel thieves like Black Cat and other crime syndicates like Hellfire. Or maybe Krakoa tasks him with something Guild related? Lots of potential material there.
    Fab is not pitching new projects to Marvel but I am sure that he would be interested if Marvel proposed him to do it. Well, I hope so.

  4. #109
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,354

    Default

    Id love to see Gambit be reunited with Jean on her new X-men team. I miss them working together on X-men Red. Rogue could fill the role as the team's flying tank

  5. #110
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The White City
    Posts
    1,377
    Make Good Art

  6. #111
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Cool art! Gambit don't look like Noto's art here.

  7. #112
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id love to see Gambit be reunited with Jean on her new X-men team. I miss them working together on X-men Red. Rogue could fill the role as the team's flying tank
    Red 11 was one of the coolest Gambit moments for me but unfortunatelly there were no significant dialogues between them or real interaction. I think Red suffered a lot from too big team.
    But I would be glad to see their team up in future.

  8. #113
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Red 11 was one of the coolest Gambit moments for me but unfortunatelly there were no significant dialogues between them or real interaction. I think Red suffered a lot from too big team.
    But I would be glad to see their team up in future.
    the bit of dialogue that got to me was this.



    I loved how he calls her Jeannie. I dont know if he's done it before but it personal and made him feel very familiar with her


    UXM 333 was a good yet rare teamup between them

  9. #114
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the bit of dialogue that got to me was this.



    I loved how he calls her Jeannie. I dont know if he's done it before but it personal and made him feel very familiar with her


    UXM 333 was a good yet rare teamup between them
    Classic 333 is cool. Also like old Storm, Gambit and Jean story in Cairo story from Unlimited.
    I think they had some fine moments when Jean was on Gambit's team during old Revolution era.

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Classic 333 is cool. Also like old Storm, Gambit and Jean story in Cairo story from Unlimited.
    I think they had some fine moments when Jean was on Gambit's team during old Revolution era.
    Oh yes! I actually have liked when Gambit works with Jean. I think originally they both didn't have much respect for each other. I think Gambit especially saw Jean as kind of spoiled and privileged, while she probably saw him as untrustworthy and dishonorable. In that Cairo story Remy doesn't think Jean can handle herself, but has more confidence in Storm, who also was a street kid and thief like himself. Conversely, I think Jean comes to respect Remy's dedication and skill.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool art! Gambit don't look like Noto's art here.
    I REALLY like this and often Noto isn't an artist I gravitate toward. His Remy is much improved here.

  12. #117
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The White City
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh yes! I actually have liked when Gambit works with Jean. I think originally they both didn't have much respect for each other. I think Gambit especially saw Jean as kind of spoiled and privileged, while she probably saw him as untrustworthy and dishonorable. In that Cairo story Remy doesn't think Jean can handle herself, but has more confidence in Storm, who also was a street kid and thief like himself. Conversely, I think Jean comes to respect Remy's dedication and skill.
    Yeah, I definitely agree. I think with how hard Scott can be on Gambit, Jean sees what he's capable of and that he actually cares (whether through telepathy or just basic intuition).
    Make Good Art

  13. #118
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    It's that time of day when you're waiting on Spoilers threads to pop up and nothing is happening and you're wondering is anyone still reading those books or ? Since I'm basically only kinda reading X-Factor and maybe New Mutants and sometimes Excalibur at this point ... yeah, I need some spoilers! That's the trouble with a very connected universe and limited funds. Wish the digitals were like a dollar cheaper with like a 2 week delay. Then I might try to read everything in the X-line. That or Marvel Unlimited had like only a month delay. Anywho ...

    Azrar's Gambit in X-Men: Red was so well drawn, even if I do hate that tellie tubbie costume with pink boots. But his street clothes looks for ALL the characters are just what I wanted. Miss that! The Excalibur covers barely feature Gambit and that's a shame.

    Laughing my butt off he got voted 3rd for character of the year. I love how Marvel hires writers who actively don't want to write the characters that fans want to read ... how does this even happen?

    Like ... nobody wants to write a spying, thieving, grifting mutant with some obvious moral/ethical quandaries who can blow stuff up and is mostly trying to be a good guy mostly but still likes to do some crimes with his hot wife who can kick your ass? And they love to give each other shit, fight over some petty stuff, be cute and domestic, work out their emotional shit, and then make out or cook dinner or have some X-rated fun. Where is the disconnect here?! They even have cute cats!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-20-2021 at 03:18 PM.

  14. #119
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The White City
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Yeah, it's certainly frustrating sometimes. I don't even go onto comics-related twitter most of the time because of the hate boner people have for Gambit there (God forbid you say anything bad about Cyclops or Jean Grey, though). It's too bad because there are writers who do like him but either have more popular characters they're writing for (like Cates or Taylor) or just aren't given the book (like Nicieza). Same with Rogue. She's way less divisive than Gambit but no one seems to want to write her either
    Make Good Art

  15. #120
    Incredible Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Rogue will spend some mother / daughter time with Mystique in Women of Marvel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •