Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue will spend some mother / daughter time with Mystique in Women of Marvel
    That could be interesting. Have they even interacted since the wedding/MMX?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That could be interesting. Have they even interacted since the wedding/MMX?
    I don't think so
    Alas, I don't know anything about the author, but I hope it will be much better than Excalibur

I guess it's already pretty good that Rogue is one of the three female mutants featured in this one-shot (in addition to Rogue and Mystique, there will also be Marrow, She-Hulk and Peggy Carter, for those interested)

I don't think so
    Alas, I don't know anything about the author, but I hope it will be much better than Excalibur

I guess it's already pretty good that Rogue is one of the three female mutants featured in this one-shot (in addition to Rogue and Mystique, there will also be Marrow, She-Hulk and Peggy Carter, for those interested)
    Marrow? Huh, that's a random pick. Agreed, though. Glad to see Rogue being written by anyone else at this point

I don't think I've read anything by the author either. I saw she did Gotham Academy, though, which I heard was good
    Make Good Art

Interesting! Rogue and Mystique make for a fun mother daughter relationship.

Is there a link or preview for this somewhere I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Interesting! Rogue and Mystique make for a fun mother daughter relationship.

Is there a link or preview for this somewhere I missed?
    I believe there's just the article on marvel.com where they show the cover (with none of the characters on it) and talk about the characters, the writers and the artists

I believe there's just the article on marvel.com where they show the cover (with none of the characters on it) and talk about the characters, the writers and the artists
    Thanks! Found this link here from my Discord group.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-a-new-special

I'm assuming this will be set in the past? Sounds interesting.

I also realized that the Excalibur preview was out. So I googled it and pulled it up. Saw only Pete Wisdom and no Romy in the art. Realized how little I cared about the storyline and didn't even read it ... that's right, didn't read the free preview. Went and read Batman/Catwoman #2 instead. This is how great my apathy has become for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I doubt they will be one of the options listed, but if one of them is there I will certainly vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Yep, unsurprisingly neither of them is listed which ... I think if Hickman doesn't care for them that's just as well. It does kind of heighten my apathy for this era even further to confirm that basically the showrunner of the next several years of X-Men absolutely doesn't care about them.

As desperately as I wish to see them off Excalibur, it's no good to shuffle them to yet another writer who doesn't get them and won't do them justice.

I can't imagine how it must be to want to read a character and always have a writer who wants to write them. Ah to be a Batman or Spiderman or Wolverine fan. Must be grand.

I'm happy that my second favorite X-woman (Polaris) is on the list, but the neglect that Rogue and Gambit go through tarnishes my joy

I'm happy that my second favorite X-woman (Polaris) is on the list, but the neglect that Rogue and Gambit go through tarnishes my joy
    My only caveat there is I'm liking the attention she's getting in X-Factor from Leah. But I don't suppose being an X-Man precludes anyone from being on another team. Let me ask Wolverine. LOL

It just seems like a totally illogical situation that so many old standby members would pass. If they were actually NEEDED in Excalibur in any way or seemed like they wanted to be doing whatever the hell they are doing there it might make sense for Rogue and Gambit to pass. Excalibur isn't a team with any kind of mission statement or purpose. All their adventures have been haphazard rescue missions and fetch quests. Nothing is keeping them there.

Since this is an opportunity to elevate a character and it can't be Rogue or Gambit, I will probably go with Armor.

But any illusion of choice or input here is just that, an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    My only caveat there is I'm liking the attention she's getting in X-Factor from Leah. But I don't suppose being an X-Man precludes anyone from being on another team. Let me ask Wolverine. LOL

It just seems like a totally illogical situation that so many old standby members would pass. If they were actually NEEDED in Excalibur in any way or seemed like they wanted to be doing whatever the hell they are doing there it might make sense for Rogue and Gambit to pass. Excalibur isn't a team with any kind of mission statement or purpose. All their adventures have been haphazard rescue missions and fetch quests. Nothing is keeping them there.

Since this is an opportunity to elevate a character and it can't be Rogue or Gambit, I will probably go with Armor.

But any illusion of choice or input here is just that, an illusion.
    Yeah, no real surprise neither of them are being voted on. Whatever. It's an interesting list to vote on, but I just don't really care anymore.

I've finally just gotten to the point where I'm just gonna wait for the MCU to introduce the X-Men, which will inevitably trigger a reset in the comics and then hope that Rogue and Gambit will get some good representation
    Make Good Art

We have all the results of the CBR Forum X-Books Awards of 2020.
    I'm quite happy with some of the results regarding Romy, Tini and Excalibur.
    - Least Favorite Ongoing X-Title of the Year: Number 1 went to Excalibur (with 88 points)
    - Least Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title: Number 1 and 2 went to Excalibur (The Secret of Rogueís Coffin and Huntsmen and Warwolves)
    - Least Favorite Writer of 2020: Number 1 went to Tini Howard (with 80 points)
    - Favorite Hero/Heroine: Number 3 went to Gambit despite an awful year for him.
    - Low point of 2020: Number 2 went to Mr. & Mrs. X demoted to cameo king and queen
    If only someone form Marvel could see the results and do something with Tini and Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    - Least Favorite Ongoing X-Title of the Year: Number 1 went to Excalibur (with 88 points)
    - Least Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title: Number 1 and 2 went to Excalibur (The Secret of Rogue’s Coffin and Huntsmen and Warwolves)
    - Low point of 2020: Number 2 went to Mr. & Mrs. X demoted to cameo king and queen
    If only someone form Marvel could see the results and do something with Tini and Excalibur.
    Real problem is that Hickman after seeing this results would push Tini even more just to annoy and troll fans.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    - Least Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title: Number 1 and 2 went to Excalibur (The Secret of Rogue’s Coffin and Huntsmen and Warwolves)
    I wouldnt even call them Cameo Kings and Queens as they didnt cameo anywhere. They were just stuck and held up in Excalibur jail