• Topher

0 0%
  • Gib

1 1.72%
  • Destiny Gonzalez

2 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Nico (along with a number of other Runaways) was in Lego Marvel Super Heroes as well.

And that's a full blown console game, so the answer to Frontier's question was definitely "no".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Rainbow is the new She-Hulk writer.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...21-2022-reveal

Marvel Comics’ She-Hulk, from Rainbow Rowell and Rogê Antônio, throws the book at Jennifer Walters as she tries to put her rage-filled days behind her and return to practicing law in defense of the innocent. But when a friend from her past comes knocking with a mystery she can’t resist, She-Hulk gets…Back To Bashing.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hopefully she has more plot in mind, but I guess a She-Hulk slice of life book wouldn't be the worst thing.

Nico is voiced by Lyrica Okano in Midnight Suns. They brought her back!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That's pretty awesome !

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Good to see Nico looking rad in Midnight Suns. Was on vacation so I couldn't really post here about it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rainbow is the new She-Hulk writer.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...21-2022-reveal

Marvel Comics’ She-Hulk, from Rainbow Rowell and Rogê Antônio, throws the book at Jennifer Walters as she tries to put her rage-filled days behind her and return to practicing law in defense of the innocent. But when a friend from her past comes knocking with a mystery she can’t resist, She-Hulk gets…Back To Bashing.
    Isn't Jen originally from LA? If she's trying to get back to her roots, maybe we could see her returning to LA and this could be Rainbow's convenient way to sneak some Runaways cameos there to finish her story properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That was surprising. It's nice to know she still gets to play Nico in some way.

Out of curiosity where has Okano voicing Nico in the game been confirmed?

Also, since the marketing on social media keeps referring to the Runaways alongside the X-Men, and Avengers does anyone else think that another one of the kids might show up? I mean there are only a few unconfirmed characters in the base game, but it'd be neat to see Victor Mancha.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post

Nico speaks in the latest trailer and I believe it's clearly her. I thought her scream in the initial trailer also sounded like Lyrica but now I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eeGFDDU3Hg 00:30

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post

Also, since the marketing on social media keeps referring to the Runaways alongside the X-Men, and Avengers does anyone else think that another one of the kids might show up? I mean there are only a few unconfirmed characters in the base game, but it'd be neat to see Victor Mancha.
    I honestly just thought that they used Runaways because saying ''Nico Minoru'' wouldn't sound mainstream enough for people who don't follow comics. Runaways had a somewhat popular TV show that's available on Hulu and Disney+, so people are more likely to have at least heard about it. It makes for better marketing, even if there are no other members there.

But if there are more Runaways showing up, I would actually like if it was Alex. He actually had magic powers at one point after being resurrected, so it would be interesting if they leaned on that to adapt him for the game. Maybe he could be an antagonist for Nico if she gets some sort of subplot?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-05-2021 at 08:23 PM.

If I'm thinking of the Runaways most likely to be in a game other than Nico, it would probably be Karolina or Molly to be honest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I'm thinking of the Runaways most likely to be in a game other than Nico, it would probably be Karolina or Molly to be honest.
    Yeah, they're the two most 'superhero-ish.' Chase would be very limited in 'moves' with just the fist-a-gons, and Gert's got exactly one move, for Old Lace to jump on whomever's threatening her, which would be funny once, but be kind of odd for a running combat.

Limited, really? In Avengers Alliance, most characters had four moves. But Chase had six (two involving Old Lace) because the Fistigons had a submenu with three options.
    https://avengersalliance.fandom.com/wiki/Chase_Stein

Anyone else think the next time the Runaways will get a shot at a comic will be in 2023 for the Twentieth Anniversary?