• Topher

0 0%
  • Gib

1 1.72%
  • Destiny Gonzalez

2 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

What the hell? At the end of today's issue.
    spoilers:
    Apparently Molly arranged to be taken to Krakoa. The others think she's being kidnapped!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

spoilers:
    I guess we had to assume there was going to be a stupid misunderstanding/miscommunication. That is the norm after all, you can't have a superhero team up with both parties being kind of dumb.
    end of spoilers But to this issue's credit I can't say things didn't happen in it. Naturally every panel of Gib is a waste of course.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

So excited for Molly to potentially go to Krakoa and reunite with her resurrected parents. And if that doesn't happen which I'm not sure why it wouldn't, I wonder where her sudden interest of Krakoa came about.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    So excited for Molly to potentially go to Krakoa and reunite with her resurrected parents. And if that doesn't happen which I'm not sure why it wouldn't, I wonder where her sudden interest of Krakoa came about.
    I hope they don't bring her parents back. I think the bond between the Runaways work because of their shared experiences, and that includes what happened to their parents. Giving Molly her parents back would essentially change that dynamic, and I don't think that's necessary. She doesn't need her biological family (who are literal villains that used to murder innocent kids) because she has her found family.

Plus, it's not like Krakoa has any use for the Hayeses. I doubt they would be major characters in any book anyway. Not every mutant needs to come back.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-04-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Molly's parents aren't real mutants anyway, right? Grandma genetically created them. Molly is the only Hayes who really is a mutant - as her powers aren't the same as those of her parents.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think it'd be interesting to have them show up in some form at least. I think Gene can be written off as a mutant entirely based on the first arc of the current series, but Alice felt a bit more ambiguous. Might have to reread the first arc, but I think Alice was said to have been experimented on but that doesn't necessarily means the experiments created her powers. Gene however was said to have been given powers identical to Alice through an experiment. IIRC of course.

I'd welcome it. Aside from Geoffrey Wilder the Pride consisted entirely of Two dimensional characters who lacked almost anything in the way of depth. If the Hayes are alive, may as well use them. If Alice can still be said to be a mutant then she may as well be on Krakoa. The current series never really clarified which S.H.I.E.L.D adjacent organization had custody of them.

I don't think Rowell would go for a story that interesting is all.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Kind of wish that Xavin would show up somewhere at some point. Was kind of hoping the Super Skrull in the GOTG teaser would be them, but that was a long shot at best. Kl'rt has been serving Hulking for some time, and the silhouette was too beefy.

I feel like Xavin showing up would probably the one thing that could upset the relationship bliss between Nico and Karolina right now, which is probably why Rowell doesn't want to touch it .

Xavin seems like a hot potato nobody wants to really deal with right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Xavin showing up would probably the one thing that could upset the relationship bliss between Nico and Karolina right now, which is probably why Rowell doesn't want to touch it .

Xavin seems like a hot potato nobody wants to really deal with right now.
    I can understand having reservations about it, but I do think it would make for an interesting story in a thus far unremarkable romance. Adding the fact that with all the plot coupons the Runaways they have at their disposal, they kind of come across as jerks for not bringing them up or actually doing anything about Xavin.

A Guardians appearance wouldn't come with as much baggage. A prison break, and maybe a fight to the death with Marvel Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I can understand having reservations about it, but I do think it would make for an interesting story in a thus far unremarkable romance. Adding the fact that with all the plot coupons the Runaways they have at their disposal, they kind of come across as jerks for not bringing them up or actually doing anything about Xavin.

A Guardians appearance wouldn't come with as much baggage. A prison break, and maybe a fight to the death with Marvel Boy.
    The team can seem pretty apathetic to anything that doesn't involve their immediate survival and safety. I think the last time someone mentioned Xavin Karolina said she didn't want to talk about it.

I mean, if anyone would bring them back, it would probably be Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The team can seem pretty apathetic to anything that doesn't involve their immediate survival and safety. I think the last time someone mentioned Xavin Karolina said she didn't want to talk about it.

I mean, if anyone would bring them back, it would probably be Ewing.
    I hear that. The apathy is just one of the newer developments in Rowell's run that I don't appreciate. Sure, there was a lot they didn't care about in the previous volumes of the series. But they still did things, and had some agency in their stories. Right now things just happen to them, and they roll with it until it falls apart. These young adults need to take some initiative.

True. Even Xavin showing up in S.W.O.R.D would be pretty cool.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprise they didn’t bring back Xavin during Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m surprise they didn’t bring back Xavin during Empyre.
    It would have made a lot of sense. Not sure if Ewing has expressed any knowledge of the character though. If he does, he might assume that the writer of Runaways may have plans for them and therefore does nothing with the character.

Like I said earlier, a prison break, and fight to the death with Noh Var would be enough for me.

RUNAWAYS #36
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    “Come Away With Me” Part 5!
    THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT WOULDN’T SPOIL WHAT IS POSSIBLY THE BEST COMIC OF 2021! WE CAN’T EVEN SHOW YOU THE COVER!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    RUNAWAYS #36
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    “Come Away With Me” Part 5!
    THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT WOULDN’T SPOIL WHAT IS POSSIBLY THE BEST COMIC OF 2021! WE CAN’T EVEN SHOW YOU THE COVER!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    So dramatic, LOL. I'm sure they could've come up with a generic, non-spoilery art for the cover... but that's probably a smart way to get people curious about the book.