• Topher

0 0%
  • Gib

1 1.72%
  • Destiny Gonzalez

2 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Yes. It happened in your post too! M***** is apparently censored! We'll have to let the admins know. Apparently ***** is a clone app developer, I bet someone spammed links to them, so they banned that word. Only now we have the Scunthorpe problem! So called because the name Scunthorpe (which is a town in England) has a swear word in it. One that ISN'T blocked here, ironically.

Reported: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-issues/page2
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-19-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Wild. Was worried that there was some context I was missing, but that makes sense. Not surprised that it wasn't caught. Not too many Runaways fans out there, and full names aren't usually necessary.

EDIT: Poll Name seems to have been fixed. Let's see about casual posts. Minoru.

EDIT: Success.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-19-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    After a coverless solicit for May, we have no solicit at all for June. Bad news incoming?
    I don't think so. Other titles that were mid-arc skipped June too (Champions, America Chavez: MITUSA), so it seems like something happened like in January when some titles took a break for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think so. Other titles that were mid-arc skipped June too (Champions, America Chavez: MITUSA), so it seems like something happened like in January when some titles took a break for whatever reason.
    Yeah, it'll probably skip June and will see a new issue in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Spider-Woman wasn't solicited either. The problem though, is that Runaways might not actually be mid-arc. The issue out in May is part 5 of an arc. Hopefully you're right though.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Woman wasn't solicited either. The problem though, is that Runaways might not actually be mid-arc. The issue out in May is part 5 of an arc. Hopefully you're right though.
    Well, unless plans changed and the arc was shortened, it was supposed to be mid-arc, since Rainbow Rowell herself said the current arc would last until the milestone 100th issue (#38).

I'm certainly not worried about the book getting cancelled before they can slap a #100 on an issue. Books skip months, and it's not like there aren't a plethora of valid reasons for it to beyond standard publishing nonsense. When it finally ends we can move on with our lives until it's brought back to go along with a prestige podcast on audible in 12 years.

I do wish that the book had more appeal to other comics readers. It's always been too self contained for superhero fans, and too reliant on superhero genre conventions for other comics readers. I can't even give the comics away at my office, it's kind of wild. I've never found a comics series that nerds at an animation studio had less interest in than Runaways.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-20-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Looks like issue #35 comes out next week. Preview should be coming today or tomorrow I imagine. I wonder what plot developments will end up warranting the lack of a cover to issue #36. Atlantic City is saying "Dark Nico Saga." But Las Vegas is favouring "The Death of Molly Hayes."

Didn't see the last page coming.

All in all the issue was fine. spoilers:
    The plot with Molly, and the mutants is resolved. Chase is insistent that Molly stay with the Runaways, Logan has no objections but during the pages in which Molly was awake she did appear to be somewhat interested in Krakoa. Nico, and Karolina talk about the deal with the Staff of one. Karolina is concerned. Chase prepares for a date, and surprisingly it isn't with Van. It's with by what appears to be an older Gertrude Yorkes. Hopefully this will resolve the mystery of Volume 3's Gert.
    end of spoilers

Another absolutely terrible issue.

Runaways just needs to be killed with fire. Nico and Karolina are terrible. Have no chemistry. And this new Gert? Wtf. This is such a trash and yet I have all 35 issues and 95 percent of the variants. I’m a sucker.

I wish we’d get a new writer.

Solid issue that moved the plot along and provided a look at who these characters are right now -- at least for Chase, Molly, Nico, and Karolina.

Still, as enjoyable as the book is, it does feel a little aimless. I guess the kids are kinda aimless, so maybe it's all okay? Haha

I do think the book misses Alex. He should be a regular character.

-Pav, who is glad Nico is growing up (kinda)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    And this new Gert? Wtf.
    If she's from vol 3, she's not new.

ATTENTION RUNAWAYS: Genolet Wolverine is hawwwwwwwt. He is the perfect blend of pretty and grizzly. An exquisite hairy Canadian troll. I love him. Pixie looked great too. That final page had me SHOOK and that LEWK is FIRE. I gotta say I backslid for a bit -- my enthusiasm that is -- but this narrative pivot has me on alert again.