Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Different species entirely. The Atlanteans are basically their own separate thing at this point.
    Which comics delve into the origins of the Atlanteans (as in how they got their ability to breath water and hydrokinesis)? Don't really care if they are not currently canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Different species entirely. The Atlanteans are basically their own separate thing at this point.
    seems that even between Atlanteans there is a distinction, Royalty are sort of different from the rest. The heirs of Atlan especially Arthur being the strongest ever. Mera although a xebelian Royalty on the other hand seems to be most powerful Aquakinetic ever recorded. Some sources have Atlan descended from Posiedon? maybe thats why the Royal Family has those powers.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-25-2021 at 05:05 AM.

I think Arthur is definitely a Meta because of his hybrid status, because the telepathy is something no normal Atlanteans have.

Mera's abilities aren't necessarily unique to her, she's just very strong in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Arthur is definitely a Meta because of his hybrid status, because the telepathy is something no normal Atlanteans have.

Mera's abilities aren't necessarily unique to her, she's just very strong in them.
    Arthur is by far stronger than any Atlantean even Orm, Also Arthur since Atlan is the first to have aquatic telepathy, seems its a sign of his greatness among Atlanteans. The chosen one. Atlan was king when Atlantis was on surface and when it went below. Arthur being a son of land and sea, seems to be the new Atlan.

Mera's abilities could be something related to Xebel, although she is stronger than normal xebelians which means Royalty in Xebel also have some special abilities. However Nereus who isn't Royal born doesn't have her powers.
    Atlantean and xebelian royalty seem different from the rest. They can breathe on surface for instance.
    Maybe Royalty as descendants of Atlan inherit these abilities.

One year of Andy - Born in February 2020 - Happy Birthday Princess
    Best addition to Aquaman in years

tumblr_bee4aaddba02a5d9f5a534807bf57f7e_fd40149f_2048.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    One year of Andy - Born in February 2020 - Happy Birthday Princess
    Best addition to Aquaman in years

tumblr_bee4aaddba02a5d9f5a534807bf57f7e_fd40149f_2048.jpg
    She's kind of growing on me...a little...

She's kind of growing on me...a little...
    Come on frontier she is adorable She brings a smile on people's faces- she also loves to jump from cliffs you would adore babysitting her
    andyaquaman58_2020Vtgsj4q2a8pt.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Come on frontier she is adorable She brings a smile on people's faces- she also loves to jump from cliffs you would adore babysitting her
    andyaquaman58_2020Vtgsj4q2a8pt.JPG
    Like I said, she's growing on me .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would Aquaman and Mera be qualified as a meta human, a homo magi or a different species entirely?
    Atlantians are considered a separate human sub-section (like the homo magi), but it's possible Arthur is a meta due to being partially human.

Mera is a little weirder but the short answer is: no, not really. I believe the water benders are based in magic iirc, so since Atlantians have magic users in their mix I guess there is a case to be made that they have their own type of homo magi population. however, since the Atlantians are their own evolutionary line, I don't think homo magi would even be the proper term for their magic users.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Atlantians are considered a separate human sub-section (like the homo magi), but it's possible Arthur is a meta due to being partially human.

Mera is a little weirder but the short answer is: no, not really. I believe the water benders are based in magic iirc, so since Atlantians have magic users in their mix I guess there is a case to be made that they have their own type of homo magi population. however, since the Atlantians are their own evolutionary line, I don't think homo magi would even be the proper term for their magic users.
    Still it does not explain how Royalty are different from the rest of Atlanteans.

Water bending is not magic, at least in Mera's case, she went into a coma because she over exerted herself using much of her resources (Glucose, fat stc).

Modern Garth has powers similar to Mera, but I think he also has special biology?

Modern Garth has powers similar to Mera, but I think he also has special biology?
    its not clear what's what, water bending seems it exclusive to xebelians but its not clear - Andy has similar powers to Mera besides Arthur's, so these powers are passed on?
    - I really wish that someone one day will do a run about these issues and some others, as after all these years we can only make suppositions.

BANNED

Post-Crisis at the very least Garth was royalty of his own right so he had that same Super-Atlantean physiology. He’s the prince of Shayeris after all. I think his powers differ from Mera because their more elemental based he can turn water to ice or boil it as well as bend it. I think that’s more magic on his part whereas I think Mera is elemental and more evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

How do you square that with Atlantis being this mecca of magic as it was depicted in stories like Obsidian Age?

Incredible Member

UNPOPULAR AQUAMAN OPINION

I’ve enjoyed various writers takes on AQUAMAN and his associated characters.

That said, I even enjoyed Arthur, Jr. from the SWORD OF ATLANTIS run. I wouldn’t mind him returning to the series in some manner.