Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Doesn't require big budgets cause the animators are usually underpaid.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/7/2...gelion-netflix
    It's actually far less of a problem (than before) in Japan because they are outsourcing a lot of the work to studios in South Korea/China/Vietnam/Philippines. Of course the pay is even worse there, one guy I know who worked for Toei doing in-between animation for Sailor Moon/Digimon was getting paid twenty times more selling wood.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-22-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's actually far less of a problem (than before) in Japan because they are outsourcing a lot of the work to studios in South Korea/China/Vietnam/Philippines. Of course the pay is even worse there, one guy I know who worked for Toei doing in-between animation for Sailor Moon/Digimon was getting paid twenty times more selling wood.
    So the japanese animator went from underpaid to not being paid at all?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    One YouTube video I watched claimed it was a great run it was just a bad time for the direction of the run.

The movie was action packed and adventurous the run was more about exploring who Aquaman is and more introspective than looking at the world around him.
    Take reviews with a pinch of salt, some get advance copies in return for good reviews. You have to judge yourself not these reviewers who rarely mention any criticism. As someone who loved her run, some issues did not deserve all the praise that these reviewers gave those issues.

As for the run, I liked it as I repeatedly mention, probably one of the few, but I cannot not take notice that it was hated with passion by many and the sales don't lie. It did have flaws.
    As for exploring who Aquaman is and more, that is one of the few things I did not like, for most of the run he looked out of character honestly. At the end of the run what has Arthur gained in this inner exploration? Seem to me the usual Aquaman. Also Some story arcs have been stretched which gave the impression of never getting a conclusion. Not to mention that never ending separation that dried sales up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Doesn't require big budgets cause the animators are usually underpaid.
    Never doubted that no big budgets are required in all those japanese anime's, ok big productions do, but a tv series of some 50 episodes does certainly not have big budgets it would be commercially not feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Never doubted that no big budgets are required in all those japanese anime's, ok big productions do, but a tv series of some 50 episodes does certainly not have big budgets it would be commercially not feasible.
    Most anime are not commercially feasible from the beginning even if little budget, but the big companies make money of it with merchandise. The people actually making the product bareilly have money to sustent thereselfs, even working in slave labors like conditions.

That's not a model the eastern productions should adapt is what i'm saying.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The style isn't new but does EVERY show need to have it?
    Seriously. Why do I have to punish my eyes just to see if the show is good? Make the art more appealing.
    "Cable was right!"

Read Future State Aquaman

Never read such confused story honestly - with many answered questions at the end

1) Did Andy lose a leg yes or no?
    2) Since when Jackson or Andy swim and not propel themselves like all Atlanteans?
    3) Since when Jackson is Andy's brother, has he been adopted, no sort of explanation given?

The art is the only good thing in this Future state Aquaman, but did not like how Andy or Jackson have been written. The new Aquaman has spent six years in prison and he has no idea that so much time has passed? Andy survives alone but all in a confused rushed story. Andy shows better in Justice League. Disappointed.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The reasons he gives are rather stupid, Aquaman did not sell because the Atlantean monarchy was dissolved or Atlantean politics, that happened at the end of the run. By then fans had dropped for other reasons. But he is correct that editors approved the run so blaming KSD is unfair.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like an Aquaman anniversary anthology special coming later this year:

https://twitter.com/Jslab425/status/1363649148319391745

Wonder who will be in it? Johns, Parker, Abnett, and KSD feel like safe bets. Maybe Busiek?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Fingers crossed Lorena returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder who will be in it? Johns, Parker, Abnett, and KSD feel like safe bets. Maybe Busiek?
    Jurgens had a run on Aquaman. I know he's not with DC anymore (I think?) but he might have done something.

Maybe Brandon Thomas since he did Future State and the Jackson stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jurgens had a run on Aquaman. I know he's not with DC anymore (I think?) but he might have done something.

Maybe Brandon Thomas since he did Future State and the Jackson stuff.
    Jurgens has a book coming according to the Williamson WB podcast interview, so he’s still at DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looks like an Aquaman anniversary anthology special coming later this year:

https://twitter.com/Jslab425/status/1363649148319391745

Joe has been saying about the book for sometime now, rest assured that if he reports that its correct 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    not sure about Parker, since DC doesn't give much consideration to his run, which was ended for that bunn forgettable one. But I would like to see him writing again Aquaman. While Johns might give us a taste of his 7 kingdoms which never saw the light.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

What has PAD done at Marvel over the past several years, besides those random Symbiote Spider-Man miniseries? I'd have loved to see a new Aquaman story set during his era.

I hope he's not on his way to becoming the next Claremont - locked in a contract just to keep him quiet/out of the way.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES